Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Larger fuel tanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 AM
kingdog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger fuel tanks

Mayfair,,
I finally had a chance to pull a trailer with the new 4040XL in,, and WOW,, night a day differance over what I had before.
So here it is a again, from the turbo back, pacbrake, down pipe, cat delete, 4040XL, in to MBRP muffler, into duals.

No drone and the low end power is back, EGT's are lower ( yes lower then Cat delete and muffler) and fuel milage is up by about 2mpg while towing 6000lbs enclosed v-nose trailer to 14.7 (calculated manully) over 12ish last year, Edge Juice set on middle .

Wife even noticed the differance from standing stop and going up hills, and if she can notice the differance, there is one .

I can still get the EGT's up there if I use the right foot,, but the way it is now I am happy with it.

Ralph

Old 04-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Bigriver

So Ralph, you're saying that by adding the 4040xl, in place of where the cat was, your mileage went up, and your temps went down?

Damn, that's not bad! I have about the same system with the exception of a single exhaust end, before you added the Aero. I't thats your results, I'll have to follow your lead.

Thanks for the update on the process.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Mayfair
Legend

King that is AWESOME news !! I'm glad that it all worked out for ya. Now I'll hafta have the same setup installed on MY dually

Name:  Bigriver-DodgeMega041a-12.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  92.3 KB

Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 AM
kingdog
Professional

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

So Ralph, you're saying that by adding the 4040xl, in place of where the cat was, your mileage went up, and your temps went down?

Damn, that's not bad! I have about the same system with the exception of a single exhaust end, before you added the Aero. I't thats your results, I'll have to follow your lead.

Thanks for the update on the process.

yes that is it,, and most important to me was,, the low end power came back.
Again last night I had to move a 5k trailer (square front) and I was amazed at the differance and I had time so I tried differant speeds and same result,, best speed/rpm combination for those loooong hills, was hitting the bottom at about 68-70 and 18.5-19 Rpm,, it kept speed up with about 15 psi boost,and EGT less the 1k ( the EGTS I could get to go higher it I stepped on it )

Ralph

Quick Reply: Larger fuel tanks