Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

"wild thing"

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "wild thing"

alright guy's. I tried it out just for the heck of it. . .and it is here to stay.

I was running the moderate torque management software on my smarty, this morning I flashed over to the "wild thing" torque management software. . .I kept the #4 software(90hp) so realy the only thing that has changed is the torque management. . but DANG does she have some insane low end now. . .I'm just amazed my clutch is hanging on especialy when my TST is currently set at 2/2.

I was leaving burn out marks around corners. . .I'm gunna have to remember not to give her so much throttle

Old 01-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "wild thing"

wild thang, you make my tires sang....wild thang , tires leave the road stained....LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Parts/Service

wild thang, you make my tires sang....wild thang , tires leave the road stained....LOL
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Drew
Professional

HA HA HA HA HA

thats about right

Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Drew, Do you have the program for my early 04. And can it be loaded to another truck .I have a customer that said he could load mine but I'm not sure if he was blowing me full of s....... Is there such a thing?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Drew, I guess it's safe to assume your gonna dyno on the 27th huh?

Melon, in order to load the program on your truck he would have to take it off his. It can't be on two at one time.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:49 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

STOP IT!!!! I don't want to here it!!!!!
You are going to make me turn my tranny into Torque Converter Salad!!
Here is my plan.........I'm going to do the wild thang on level #9 and just STOMP ON IT!! The I pull up in the driveway on the back of a wrecker and tell the wife, "Honey, the POS tranny blew up, I am going to have to upgrade to a stonger Tranny as Dodge tranny is too weak and can't every day driveing while unloaded"
She will naturally be confused and tell me "Do what you need to do honey" .
Ok, well that wasa dream I had anyway.
But Really, I wouldn't mind trying it out with a very soft foot just to see what ditching the torque managment is all about.

And yes I know, I stand a very high risk of torching my tranny if I am not carefull. But Man , I want to play with the big boys SO BAAAADDDDD!!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Drew
Professional

I can pull the software off my truck to unlock the box, then load it to your truck. . .it should work since the program I'm running is for 04-07 trucks. . .there was another one for 03-06. . .only difference I could see was the size of the file.

I realy dont see anything preventing me from being there. . .however I would say do some reading up in the georgia section of CF. . .you will be amazed.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Drew
Professional

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Here is my plan.........I'm going to do the wild thang on level #9 and just STOMP ON IT!! The I pull up in the driveway on the back of a wrecker and tell the wife, "Honey, the POS tranny blew up, I am going to have to upgrade to a stonger Tranny as Dodge tranny is too weak and can't every day driveing while unloaded"
But Really, I wouldn't mind trying it out with a very soft foot just to see what ditching the torque managment is all about.

And yes I know, I stand a very high risk of torching my tranny if I am not carefull. But Man , I want to play with the big boys SO BAAAADDDDD!!

you still need to remember. . .I'm still running the stock clutch. . .which if you ask me is holding up extreemly well considering the trashing Ive put it though. and the fact I have literaly smoked it quite a few times. . .had to pull off the road to let it cool off. . .and that was just the TST

I would say go for it. . .but I'm warning you right now. . .I doubt your stock TC would hold up long even on the 60hp setting if you mat the throttle.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: Drew

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

you still need to remember. . .I'm still running the stock clutch. . .which if you ask me is holding up extreemly well considering the trashing Ive put it though. and the fact I have literaly smoked it quite a few times. . .had to pull off the road to let it cool off. . .and that was just the TST

I would say go for it. . .but I'm warning you right now. . .I doubt your stock TC would hold up long even on the 60hp setting if you mat the throttle.
Honestly I doubt I will do it. I saw no improvement with the moderate T/M software which leads me to beleve that it is alread not able to handle it.
In fact this weekend I am going to shoot a video of me Stomping on it on 60HP with the Moderate T/M and you guys can listen to the motor, watch the Tack and speedo and tell me what you think is going on. I won't launch it but I'll get a rolling start and mash it and let it go thru all the gears.
I have never owned a CTD before this one and I never took notice of how the tack and speedo acted before the smarty.
I have never been to hard on it really but maybe it's slipping already, then again maybe it is driving just like it is suppose to be. You guys can help me out here.
I'll get it up Sunday for ya.

Quick Reply: "wild thing"