Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Horseman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Maybe I'm overly cautious, or just gettin old, but 65 mph on a slick highway don't sound to safe to me anyway. I'd of let the guy by and then went on about my business, no sense takin one A-- hole on the highway and effectively turning it into two. Wonder what the guy in the van was thinkin.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best weapon is for a person to use their brain. A CCP is great to have as a last option back-up and should only be used when all exits to the situation have been taken away. Too many people get their CCP and flash their guns in non-life threat situations.. and then get hauled off to jail for it, giving us other CCP'ers a bad rap.

Now that the public service message is over.... in my dream world I would have whipped out my Sig and let loose a few rounds into the car/truck (not person). Maybe even have finished it off my them running away and me hooking their car/truck up to mine and dragging that POS about 10 miles down the road and into some ditch.

Consider some James Bond gadgets such as oil slick or road tacks for use against road rage persons rather then the gun. Easier to deny that you had such in your truck.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:55 PM
mastercaster

i agree. i have had my ccp for near 10 years. it is certainly not for a situation such as this. these are the guys that as much as you'd like to fill them full of lead, you have to totally ignore them. don't let them engage you in their behavior. when you carry a sidearm, you find yourself more lax in these types of situations. at least i do. ithink things out much more than the old days. you most definitely will be held to a higher standard if something goes down and you wind up brandishing or discharging your weapon. don't get a ccp for "more confidence". that is when you will wind up using it when not necessary. you better have that confidence to start out with and only draw that firearm if you feel yours or someone elses life is in absolute danger, and not because you put yourself in that situation. enough preaching. good luck with your ccp.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Personally I think you did the best thing you could have done in that situation. However, having a concealed weapons permit could very well come in handy and even save your life. The shop where I worked at with my father this last summer is smack dab in the middle of downtown Ft. Lauderdale, it really taught me the meaning of the word ghetto. One morning we pulled up at about 7:30 when two guys, one black, one Hispanic came up to the truck and told us to get out and for my dad to give them his wallet. Well we just played it cool and at that moment my father pulled out his .38 out of the door and popped a cap in the black guy's foot. The other guy took off running as I grabbed the M-1 out of the back, slapped a clip in it and fired a couple of warning shots. Most people know not to mess with anyone around the shop, they know everyone there is packin heat, but obviously these guys were misinformed...

Old 01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I have a CCP, butI also carry mace .... REAL mace not that pepper spray crap.

In this situation, Iwould have moved over a lane and let him fly by for the same reasons Herb stated. I always let someone faster than mepass me by so that they can find the cops for me beforeI get there. I honestly welcome people who drive faster than me.

If I was in your situation though and I had a guy standing next to his car waiting to rip my head off, I would have pulled up next to him and maced him in the face while driving by him. That would definately turn my frown upside down.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Petz
Professional

hey Jr. Mechanic, I am all for dishing out some good ol' fashion justice when it is either required or asked for by the other person. It just has to be 100% square up otherwise mr district attorney comes down on you harder then a judge on a crack dealer. What i was trying to say is that when you own a CCP and you pull it out, it better be for business rather then intimidation.

On the otherhand i do have daydreams about putting a round or too threw a guys tire or engine block for cutting me off or acting like a mule on the road. It must be from growing up in southern california?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Petz
Professional

hey Jr. Mechanic, I am all for dishing out some good ol' fashion justice when it is either required or asked for by the other person. It just has to be 100% square up otherwise mr district attorney comes down on you harder then a judge on a crack dealer. What i was trying to say is that when you own a CCP and you pull it out, it better be for business rather then intimidation.

On the otherhand i do have daydreams about putting a round or too threw a guys tire or engine block for cutting me off or acting like a mule on the road. It must be from growing up in southern california?

Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

Hey me and the wife(frog) both have permits and always carry. It is not even worth thinking about. If he slams on his brakes in front of you let him, its his car that is gonna get creamed! Then you get the a## hole out of his car and simply ask for his ins info.

Just tonight i ran to store to grab smokes and there were cops all over parking lot adjasnt to the store. i asked what happened some dude got stabed to death in front of safeway!!. this world is gettin stupid
OK If you are going to get a permit do me a favor and get the appropriate training on how to use it,And i dont ust mean target practice. (homeboy not gonna stand still!!) get some instruction on shooting on the move,from cover and most inportantly hand gun retention, Nothing worse than getting into a confrontation andthen he gets your weapon and shoots you, and Your last thought "Damb didntsee that coming"

But the most important advice i can give you is Situational Awareness!! and know what is going on around you and learn to avoid the confrontation all together and go home and forget about it

hey boss, you forgot to mention supresion fire. keep the target pinned so they may not return fire nor move from position till ammo is depleated or assistance arrives. by then the cops would have rolled in full tacticle for the fire fight. (ok unless youre in like detroit, atlanta, etc )

as a side note, we here in ARIZONA are still allowed to OPEN carry!!!!

that means on your hip, shoulder, back strap ( rifle holster) or on your bike like a horse.

the cops may also stop you and ask what the heck you are doing, but may not detain you unless you are a fellon or are waving the weapon around in a show of force.

we have conceal carry laws and permits also. our permit is recognized in several other states as well.

I would suggest to carry:

mace type spray (pepper spray is more effective)

or

a flare gun..recognized by ALL states as an emergeny safety device. no one will argue with ya when they face a short barrel 12 guage flare gun!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Open carry is da S**T !! I don't know why we can't just go back to carryng that way.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:58 PM
cumminsguy

i have sorta had this hapen i was going down a back roadto my buddysi had a trailer on with one of our tractors witch arnt light so im going along i see lights behind me slowly gaining on me what ever keep trucking then they were right on my a** so i turnd down the next side road he folows me.....ok what ever so evry turn i made he folwed then we were on a two lane road he passes me then slows down so i shift down a gear and just engine break then i got fed up folowing him so i passed then it was the same thing again and then down the road a bit then he passes me and i see this white thing come out of his window and it hit my windsheild and it was a f**king egg so im getting mad. make the last turn going to my buddys and its on a major 2 lane high way and he got back behind me again and he turns off his lights and as car are coming the other way i can see him back there. so i called my buddy and told him to meet me at the end of his lane way we might have something to deal with. finly make it to my buddys and my buddy is standing there soi pull in the drive way and so douse this guy so i get out of my truck and he gets out of his car and he was like all gagsterd out with the baggy pants and stuff and this guy is so small but then he seen me and my buddywalking towards him and he was like...uhhh then ran to his car and took off he hada girl andanother guy in the car but it was funny
lol little gangster vs farm boy's who do you think is guna win hahahaha

wow long story lol

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit