Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Unfortunately ( and i HATE to admit this ) but unfortunately you've gotta watch out for some of those litte gangbangers. There is one group that comes to mind, MS-13 who will beat the crap out of someone just for the fun of it. They simply don't care. They are well organized, and yet the only thing they are involved in is violence. They are as young as 8 years old.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

, MS-13

linked to MEXICO

Old 01-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah they are, but they are ppping up everywhere. Especially in surburbia USA. If you see one, there are about 10 more of em ready to pounce hiding somewhere.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
handymanherb
Banned

We couldopen carry30 years back before half the town was taken over by NY people moving down here.

But that was one thing our Gov Bush did for us, made it easier to get CCW's and a lot did making it a little safer for all, these young kids are nuts now days.

Big story today is a cop coming home after his shift and found 3 kids coming out of his house and then they open fire on him, one dead, one had to go to the hospital and they catch the other one later I'm sure, Oh the cop got hurt but his vest saved him and was treated for minor injury's and went home.

I know I end up working the bad part of town and my XD-40 is on my side, I can ware it on my side with a rag covering it and most people never see it, but the bad guys do seeright away and it makes them a whole lot nicer to you.

I had some kids come by me a week ago and I knew they were up to something so I was watching them while walking the dogs they came by slow and was smart asthey didn't open a window till they passed me and then I seen a 38 come out the window in his left rear passengers left hand so I knew he couldn't aim at me and watched him fire a shot in the air and then called them *****'s, I guess they wanted to see me jump, didn't work so they drove off fast and haven't been back yet.

You got to keep your head moving and know what going on around you at all times and you got to keep your head, be ready but don't go off half cocked, but be ready.

We use to have to run to find cover with a evenCCW, but Gov Bush restored the stand and fight rule when required, you might have to do a few hours of talking but you won't be going to jail .

As for the gangs we need to shut that down stuff down and a good start would be the borders, big money has drawn them in for cheap labor for them, but it not cheap for us, we pay more taxes than ever so they can have cheap labor a buy a new toy

Old 01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
speakle
All Star

ORIGINAL: BrianSudokhoi02

I've heard of too many horror stories of road rage for me to even thing of stopping to confront someone like that. But, if I had a concealed carry permit I may have been a bit braver.

So, What would you guys (and frog) have done?
[align=left][/align]
No offense man but thinking that way it is good you dont have one and until you change your way of thinking it is best for you not to have one. I have had my permit for about 3 years now and carry just about daily. If you had stopped and confronted him and he pulled a pipe or bat out of his car you think you would have been justified in shooting him? While in my world it would be ok you would have been facing murder charges for sure. Every state is different but here in Louisiana you to be in immediate mortal danger, you would have some splainin to do if you put yourself in the danger to start with when it was that easily escapable.
Herb, I carry the XD-40 (subcompact) all the time and I recently picked up the XD-45 service model.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: tobinj

Not to cntradict but MS-13 is an El Salvadorian, Guatemala, and Honduras gang they make their way in through Mexico, up here they like to use machetes on people just mame them not kill them. Personally I think we should just seal our borders but its just my .02
I stand corrected.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Dokie
Rookie

Recent news in Salt Lake City

It is just not worth it, yea jerks pi** us off, but it is just not worth it.

News) The victim of an apparent road-rage shooting in Midvale Tuesday night has died.
Frank Sacedo, 43, died shortly after being taken off life-support this evening.
He was shot in the back of the head Tuesday night. The driver of the car Saucedo was in says a truck cut them off as they pulled out of the Family Center onto 7200 South. He says words were exchanged before the driver grabbed a gun and shot Saucedo.
Police are now looking for a man in his late 20s to early 30s with dark hair and a goatee. He was driving a late '90s to early 2000, dark green Toyota Tacoma with an extended cab.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:09 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Keep right except to pass! Like my Dad always said, "if you play with a bull long enough your gonna get the horn sooner or later". Now there was a time when I didn't value my own life or yours that I engauged in "games" on the road. I was both the tailgator and the tailgatee more than once. I would not even stop to think about cornering you and jumping out of the car and pulling you out of yours. I have come to realize that it is FREAKIN stupid to do that. Man if you need to get around me, as soon as I can I'm gonna let you by, and I expect the same from you. It called common courtesy. Oh yea and I pulled the gun on an angry mob one night, I ended up facing 3-5 years with out the possibility of parole, It's called the Graves Act check it out some time. Luckily I got out of it because a crooked cop was part of the angry mob (long story). You don't need a permit, you need to grow up. I know I sound a little harsh, but man think of what could have happened because you were going to teach someone a lesson.

No hard feelings I hope.

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit