Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:19 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Getting a ccw is a serious responsability but i would not say its notfor everyone. but it does not mean you are goin to jail! I have had mine for eight years no real problems ive even had cops in my house with me visably armed and they didnt seem to concerned about it (except one rooki was a little freaked out at first) I am not going to die in 7 eleven getting milk cause a hood rat wants to get his respect and i live or die at his descretion!

But just my oppinion

Old 01-19-2008, 12:29 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the fact that you blocked him on purpose shows that your a dumb f***.

you don't know, but he or his passenger might have had a medical emergency, or he might have been an emergency responder. probably not, but you don't know. so 3/4ths of the whole problem is your own damn fault.

if and when you grow up, you'll also realize that a gun is carried for a last resort, life or death situation. not something to flash around to scare people. you flash one at me, it won't scare me, but i'll take it as a serious threat, and respond accordingly.

now, as far as personal defense goes, an aluminum baseball bat is a legal item to have in your vehicle in every state. possibly legal, depending on your state, and where you drive/work, and whether you're in school or not, i found that a daisy red ryder style BB gun, in plain sight, in an old fashioned gun rack in the rear window was pretty effective at keeping dumb f***'s like you from bothering me. from a distance, it looks just like a 30/30.

sorry to be so harsh, but you started the situation, and you need to grow up.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

Well put! you would have ben sued for killing the guyon hisway to steal someones car i mean goin to work

But seriosly you have miliseconds to make a decision that you will have to live with forever. Thats why training is so important. Thats what alows you to think three dimentionaly and avoid situatons and keep your but out of jail. But sometimes things are out of your control.

I have ben told by multiple local cops that you may have to handle things your self because it will take to long for us to get there because they are sperad to thin and that is a well known fact!!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

going to the trunk while the suspect is running And firing (WARNING) SHOTS WILL GET YOU JAIL TIME THE THREAT HAS ABATED!! andif you killed him while he was fleeing or a bystander instant felony jail time BE CAREFULL!!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:55 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

I have permits from Wa and Tx so im covered in like 32 states. as for open carry you can do that in a coupleof states, but i prefer that my status of being armed is not known gives me the element of supprise and does not make me a target for the moron who thinks he can take it from me.

And with all the tree huggers up here they would be calling the cops if i walked into starbucks strapped. dont need the unwanted attentionif i want attention i do smokey burnout in the starbucks parking lot You should see the treehugers freekout and spil there lates

Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 AM
speakle
All Star

"Open Carry" is legal here in La. but from what I read most cops dont know that! I have read more than a few stories of guys getting arrested for it. I personally have no interest in open carrying, I prefer not to stand out anymore than I have to.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 AM
mytowrig
Captain

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

as a side note, we here in ARIZONA are still allowed to OPEN carry!!!!

that means on your hip, shoulder, back strap ( rifle holster) or on your bike like a horse.

the cops may also stop you and ask what the heck you are doing, but may not detain you unless you are a fellon or are waving the weapon around in a show of force.
while some states still allow open carry, that doesnt mean you won't be arrested for it! they just call the arrest "disturbing the peace". all it takes is one person to see you with your gun/weapon and call it in saying they feel threatened, and boom! bye bye! you will still most likely be cleared of any wrong doing, but is it really worth it?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: mytowrig

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

as a side note, we here in ARIZONA are still allowed to OPEN carry!!!!

that means on your hip, shoulder, back strap ( rifle holster) or on your bike like a horse.

the cops may also stop you and ask what the heck you are doing, but may not detain you unless you are a fellon or are waving the weapon around in a show of force.
while some states still allow open carry, that doesnt mean you won't be arrested for it! they just call the arrest "disturbing the peace". all it takes is one person to see you with your gun/weapon and call it in saying they feel threatened, and boom! bye bye! you will still most likely be cleared of any wrong doing, but is it really worth it?

here, we are still considered the OLD WEST. people open carry every day around here.

we have a small convenience store up the road. the owner open carries while working. most of the pawn shops and gun shops do also.

most of the time, the coppers dont care.

I have heard of questionable stories, but the person with the firearm looked a bit too suspicious.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:33 AM
mytowrig
Captain

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

I have permits from Wa and Tx so im covered in like 32 states. as for open carry you can do that in a coupleof states, but i prefer that my status of being armed is not known gives me the element of supprise and does not make me a target for the moron who thinks he can take it from me.

And with all the tree huggers up here they would be calling the cops if i walked into starbucks strapped. dont need the unwanted attentionif i want attention i do smokey burnout in the starbucks parking lot You should see the treehugers freekout and spil there lates
how did you end up with two permits?? i assume the one from texas is from when you lived here and then got another in WA, but when i got my CCL they told us that you could only carry a permit for one state at a time? it's even illegal to have more that one driver's license. they told me that you would have to reliquish your previous CCL in order to get a new one...

Old 01-19-2008, 07:48 AM
roadking096
Professional

I am curious if anyone knows of a website that lists each states CCW laws andif other state's premits are honored. S&W used to have a link to one but I can't find it anymore. Since I'm over the road again, It would be interesting to see which states I'm not breaking the law in.

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit