Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel Prices!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel Prices!!!

ORIGINAL: agargano98

ORIGINAL: shonne

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: halfdozenbuzzin
and az2500 - thank you very much for serving in iraq.. you deserve that truck!!
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same damn thing.

I'll say it anyway ... Thanks !!
Same here. Thanks!
i have a few family members over there and i take any opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has to be there so we can have the freedoms to take our CTD's and enjoy our lives.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
You are not alone on here AZCummins.. There are many of us who have spent time "over there", including myself as well.

Everyone is feeling the crucnh. My ram just gets driven much less...[&o][&o]

Old 03-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: canmaninusa

3.75 a gallon in Gresham Oregon near Portland.... F'in Bush, F him and his cheesy tax incentive, its all going back to him and his daddy and their F'in Arabian oil company drinking buddies.
Calm down there dude.........do you really think that Pres. Bush controls the price of crude oil on the world market. It's a supply and demand issue. OPEC decides how much to export, and they're already up to maximun output. Our refineries are jamming as fast as they can go. Never seen so many tankers on the Mississippi River as I seen lately. If the ecologist's would allow more refineries to be built, perhaps that could help. The newest refinery is likely over 30 years old.

Oh, and by the way, as far as the tax incentive goes, The Republicans have lowered your taxes, and are even giving you more back. Do you really think that the Democrats are going to improve that? I know that they will raise your taxes, and forget about any additional rebates coming.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Hey Riv, speaking of tankers

I was getting fuel in Maryland last weekend, and I was told by some truck driver guy that there was a tanker sitting in the harbor not docking for 2 days now in order to somehow control the price of fuel. Does anything like this make sense to or sound similar to you?

Old 03-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Bigriver

Hey Mayfair..........Well, I'll tell you what I know. The Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans has many sub ports. These ports combined as a whole have the largest amount of tonnage being shipped in the US. Last year in 2007, this area broke the record for the tonnage to date. I've never in my 33 years on the river seen so many tankers bringing in crude oil, not to mention the smaller chemical tankers.

That being said, along with a comment I made in an earlier post, the refineries are going ***** to the walls. When one tanker leaves the berth, another is enroute to that same berth. The only exception to that is with the refinery. They have limited storage capacity, when they're full, they have to slow down the process to catch up with themselves. Again, as in that earlier post, if we had more refineries, or even more updated refineries, the process could move faster.

Something about these ships people don't know. The owners usually put them on the market as a time charter. That means that they lease these ships out to a chartering company for upwards to $75,000 a day. Yes, I said per day! The charters don't make money unless the ship is moving along or transfering cargo. It literally kills them to see their ship sitting at anchor waiting on the berth. The refineries are not making money unless they are refining crude oil.

So.......to answer your question........that truck driver is full of $hit!

Name:  Waltwork.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  43.5 KB

Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 PM
05RAMCUMMINS

I live in north Florida, and work in Jacksonville. Its 3.89 in Jax and 3.74 in south Ga. I have been driving Dodgecummins powered trucks since 03 and diesel was always 20-30 cents cheaper than regular unleaded fuel until Katrina. When Katrina hit and damaged diesel processing/distribution in La.prices went up. That in my opinion is when gas companies realized that they could make a killing leaving the price up. Diesel hasn't been cheaper than gas since then, anywhere I have lived. We pay because we have to and the oil companies know it. I am writing to my elected governmentrepresentative to inquire why they continue to allow this to happen. To my knowledege it is still cheaper to produce diesel than gas, we shouldn't be paying more at the pump. All consumers end up flipping the bill as most products are delivered by diesel powered vehicles somewhere along the delivery line. I can't believe trucking/railroad unions are standing for this.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
KenZ
Veteran

$3.35 per gal. for gas, and $4.20 per gal. for diesel in Standish Michigan last night. Looks like more miles for the S-10 for awhile!

Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

Something about these ships people don't know. The owners usually put them on the market as a time charter. That means that they lease these ships out to a chartering company for upwards to $75,000 a day. Yes, I said per day! The charters don't make money unless the ship is moving along or transfering cargo. It literally kills them to see their ship sitting at anchor waiting on the berth. The refineries are not making money unless they are refining crude oil.

So.......to answer your question........that truck driver is full of $hit!

Tanks for the explanation Riv. That really makes sense. I knew you'd know the answer.

New question ... Is that really the water line on that boat? I can't believe that it sinks that far down.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Oh yeah Mayfair, and you should see the ore boats on the Great Lakes too, they are just as crazy

Old 03-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Prices are at $3.89 now. Went up 30 cents in 4 days.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

Prices are at $3.89 now. Went up 30 cents in 4 days.
circle k on Avondale (115th ave) and I believe broadway or southern was $3.29 today. where as qt off the i10 and I believe 67th was like $3.79. Wvo is $2.00 per gallon. Guess who just purchased 100 gallons ofwvo today? I now have 1- 15 gallon drum and 4- 30 gallon drums of it. I need more drums.

Quick Reply: Diesel Prices!!!