Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Trucker Protest in DC

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trucker Protest in DC

Was watching abc morning news (yes I have not gone to bed yet) and they said theres a few 1000 trucks heading to dc to protest fuel prices. They showed several convoys of trucks minus their trailers en route. Wonder if the guvment will blow them off saying its a security threat having all theses trucks near the whitehouse or some other bs reason.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 AM
handymanherb
Banned
Default RE: Trucker Protest in DC

There not going to do a thing for the working stiffs,Now if the truckers went in there with a couple of billion dollars, they might get to talk to someone.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 AM
RamItOne

With diesel prices they could have a few billion in diesel in all their tanks. LOL.
We shouldnt be thinking that way (you need money to change things) if a group as a whole acts they can make a change. Its hard without deep pockets, but 30 million voices would do something.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have seen trucks going 30 mph on highway and traffic became heavy. i hope congress will do something about this.

if diesel fuel price goes down, im buying ctd.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

Now, you al may see it differently than me but this is how I look at it.
It makes sense for the oil companies to raise gas prices because the majority of gas users are common folk and have no choice to pay and it will have little effect on the economy, compared to diesel.
Think about it. all of our produce is made/grown ect by use of numerous diesel farm equipment. then they get shipped by diesel ships/tractor trailers and trains. if the price of diesel goes up than everyone gets the major shaft. Damn even the diesel that gets delivered is delivered by a diesel truck, train or boat. Its so frigin retarded.
But the only reason why it has gone up the last few years is because of the increase of diesel consumer vehicles.
since 2001 there has been a 10% increase in consumer driven diesel vehicles EACH YEAR! So whats that mean? That means people were finding an alternative source to gasoline. So the oil companies were losing their business. So how do you regain loses. Raise diesel prices. Now everyone gets fuct.
the new
heres a good read and a dangerous statement is made withing this power point presentation see if you can find it.

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehicles...er_leister.pdf

This is one of the most sensible ways to grab the govs attention. I hope it works. Not buying fuel for a day or what ever is just ridiculous

Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

ORIGINAL: GOD RAM IT

Now, you al may see it differently than me but this is how I look at it.
It makes sense for the oil companies to raise gas prices because the majority of gas users are common folk and have no choice to pay and it will have little effect on the economy, compared to diesel.
Think about it. all of our produce is made/grown ect by use of numerous diesel farm equipment. then they get shipped by diesel ships/tractor trailers and trains. if the price of diesel goes up than everyone gets the major shaft. Damn even the diesel that gets delivered is delivered by a diesel truck, train or boat. Its so frigin retarded.
But the only reason why it has gone up the last few years is because of the increase of diesel consumer vehicles.
since 2001 there has been a 10% increase in consumer driven diesel vehicles EACH YEAR! So whats that mean? That means people were finding an alternative source to gasoline. So the oil companies were losing their business. So how do you regain loses. Raise diesel prices. Now everyone gets fuct.
the new
heres a good read and a dangerous statement is made withing this power point presentation see if you can find it.

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehicles...er_leister.pdf

This is one of the most sensible ways to grab the govs attention. I hope it works. Not buying fuel for a day or what ever is just ridiculous
It isn't quite that simple. A lot of the price increase is due to increased global demand for diesel and fuel oil, due to increased usage in China and India. Much of that is because of Americans buying a lot of stuff that is made in those countries, and the increase in container ships to bring the stuff to our shores.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I was using the USA as my example because we burn fuel like its our job.
your statement is true as well. but we seem to be the last country to jump on the diesel band wagon. Europe and other countries have used diesel motors in cars for years regularly. How mnay us cars run a diesel motor?

So it is kind of that simple. supply and demand.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

The sad part is we export 300-500,000 barrles (IIRC, 1 barrle = 42 gallons) of diesel per day to the EU and other countries. By doing so it cost us more here in the USA as with ULSD being forced on to us by whom ever our diesel fuel can now be sold to the EU who has been on ULSD for many years longer then we have. If we kept our diesel fuel here in the USA our inventory could build and help lower what we have to pay for it.

JMHO

Old 04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
RamItOne

is it refined diesel or barrels of oil your talking bout?

While 300k may sound like a lot, we import 20 million barrels of oil each day.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I hope the truckers make a dent and stick to their guns. I was just talking to a guy over the weekend who is a OTR trucker who has parked his truck because he was loosing money driving it. He has I think it was a 2K a month mrtgage payment on it an dhe's delivering newspapers or something in a van to make ends meet.

I keep hearing this whole supply and demand thing, but I'm sorry, I just aint buyin it. I heard the same thing from Enron years ago with the whole power grid thing. I think this whole thing boils down to CA$H, and that's all there is to it.