Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

The price of Gas / fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 PM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The price of Gas / fuel

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is
cheap; it just
illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!
(At least, I was...)

Compared with Gasoline......

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in
perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19...$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 .. $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 .. $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15...$33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35...$178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ...$25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99...$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for
WATER and the
buyers don't even know the source

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?
So they have you hooked for the ink.
Someone calculated the cost of the ink at...(you won't
believe it...but
it is true...) $5,200 a gal. (five thousand two
hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car
doesn't run on
water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God
forbid, Printer
Ink!

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next
trip to the
pump...

Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The price of Gas / fuel

Yes, I've seen these examples before. But you have to ask yourself, at what rate of consumption do we aquire and expend these other comparisons.

The other day I filled up both of my tanks and the cost was right at $300.00 In a busy week of work, that will almost last the week.

Thanks for the illastration, but it still hurts to fill er' up!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:02 AM
RamItOne

well I was gonna be an ******* because I deplore hearing people comparing unit price of gas to other consumables, but bigriver already said the same thing but in a mild manner. So there's no need to be an A-hole

But I still gotta say something. I'm surprised that milk wasnt used as an example cause that's generally what every moron that I've heard uses to illustrate the price relation. If I only drove 14.7 miles a week then I guess it would be a fair comparison.

When you posted this, were you really shocked and glad that gas wasnt at those prices and did you feel better about where the price of gas is at? Or did you just find it humerous and posted it. I'm hoping for the second of the two. I know you work for big oil and all but you gotta see how this doesnt relate fairly. Otherwise I could use the water concept to my advantage and go off of the price per gallon the water company charges on my monthly bill.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Since getting the commuter car I find that I dont seem to care as much about the cost of fuel... in the 7 weeks of commuting in the J I've managed to (*cough*) save $850 bux in fuel over the 7500 miles I've already put on it... of course being a motorhead, I cant leave well enough alone (stock sucks) so the savings has gone into mods already... fuel cooler, CAI, hose kit, exhaust manni... what else am I missing [&:] it is a hellova lot more fun to drive now though... (still need to do the exhaust & swap the snail...

Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

I hope i never need a gallon of Pepto Bismol []

Old 05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
cumminalong

All they are trying to do is get us used to paying these rediculous prices and when the price comes "down" to $3 a gallon, we'll be feeling all happy happy joy joy.

What was it, WAY back in 2001 - 2002, I was paying like $0.89a gallon for gas and $0.84a gal for diesel.

Are you telling me that over the period of approx 7 years, that we had this great epiphany about he supply of oil, or that there are 4+ times the number of cars on the road, or that we are using 4+ times the amount of oil. BS!

But, at the same time, big oil is showing record profits. KMA!!!

I'm a firm believer that we should be tapping every single friggin oil well, in every single country in the middle east that we have troops in. I say, you wanna end this crap over there, do this.......put it out to all these turds over there that for EVERY soldier, sailor, marine or airman killed by one of your little "militia" turds, we are using your oil for nothing for the period of one year. You wanna play, we'll jsut dry your **** out.

Sorry, rant mode off.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
speakle
All Star

If my truck did run on pepto at least I could buy the store brand and save around half, or if it ran on coke I could just use the sam's choice. This really is an ignorant comparison, apples to oranges comes to mind. I paint for a living, a good gallon of oil based paint costs $38 a gallon, paint thinnner is up to $8 a gallon........................................I could go all day. The stupid evian thing, I buy a gallonof water every day for $.99 at Walgreens and I can save even more by buying a case of 6 gals at sams club for $3. The difference is that with other products you have a choice, you can either go without or there are cheaper options. As far as fuel, we are ****ed.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: RamItOne
Otherwise I could use the water concept to my advantage and go off of the price per gallon the water company charges on my monthly bill.
In my home town, I believe it was something like 2cents a gallon. (And people still want to install those damn low-flow shower heads... like in that Seinfeld episode)

But I remember when a gallon-jug of water was more expensive than gas. No one was raging on and on about the outragous price of gallon jugs of water, or how those companies were ripping off the American people. No, the idiots were so happy because it was, supposedly, "so much better for you."
How about how much good the gas prices are doing now, because people are starting to drive less, which means less polution, and the **** coming out of tailpipes is a ****-ton worse for you than what is found in typcial municipal water.
Oh, thats right, high gas prices aren't convienant like bottled water is.

Just take a look at the profit margins of, lets say, the medical industry. Again, dollar for dollar, cent for cent, they make more profit off one dollar than the gas companies. It's just your truck doesn't run on doctor visits so they can tell you your fine, or "just rest a lot, and it will heal up." At least you get something usefull out of gas (or diesel ).

People's panties are just in a bunch because the price has went up so drastically and we are addicted to it. Proof: price has went up, what, 300% in the last few years, and we haven't, for the most part, changed a damn thing. Do crack addicts stop because the price went up... no, they beg/borrow/steal to feed their addiction.

The speculators don't help either. A Mid-East leader so much as farts too loud, and a barrel of oil is traded at +$3.

Quick Reply: The price of Gas / fuel