Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oh I wish I had brought the camera!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006 | 11:20 AM
cumminalong
Default Oh I wish I had brought the camera!

So here it is. 2 AM Sunday morning and I've been in bed for, ohhhh, 2 hrs.

Ring, ring! I ain't answering it.

Again...ring, ring! I ain't answering it.

Third time..ring, ring! I answer it. It's a buddy of mine and he is frantic.

"Dude, my truck is stuck in a creek. Water is over the bumper and it's sinking!"

Damn it! Grab the winch outta the garage, grab all the straps, ropes, chains, ****** blocks, etc, that I can find and I proceed 20 or so miles to a road intersection to find him.

So anyways, come to find out, there are 3 vehicles stuck in this creek. One is UNDER WATER, almost!

1 - Jeep (still with dealer plates and pretty much street tires) with 2 drunk retards decides to go wheeling. No experience whatsoever. This is the one that is nearly under water. It was nose down and water was about half way up the hood.

2 - Retards call buddy with bone stock Chevy 1500. Chevy proceeds into sandy bottom creek and promptly gets swallowed. This guy calls my buddy.

3 - My buddy, with F250 V10, proceeds to creek. This is when I get a phone call.

I look at situation and go, "Ain't no way I'm getting down there with a heavy *** diesel!" Ahhhhhh, someone with common sense.

So, another guy with a Ram 1500 shows up. He is light enough to get most of the way down there to these guys. I get up on the bridge with my truck and run the winch down to him. He hooks up straps to the 250, I hook the winch line up to him and.............NO DICE Batman! Too heavy, too stuck.

So, we bring him up to the road. Disconnect ALL OF MY FRIGGIN WINCH WIRING and hook it up to his truck. Back down to the creek we go.

Winch line to the 250....NO GO! Double line to the 250.....NO GO! Triple line it with both ****** blocks and the Ram 1500 tied off to a tree. Now we got her moving. Out comes the 250.

Now the Chevy came out pretty easy. He was level and not sunk too bad. Single line pull and he's out.

Now the fun part. The Jeep was too far back to get the winch line to. Sooooo, these two idiots were given a choice. You are gonna undo all the wiring for the winch, hook it up to the Jeep and try to pull backwards, and buy me a new winch cable for my trouble.......or you can call the tow truck and pay for an off road recovery. Hmmm, guess which one they chose. So now me and my buddy (F250) and his buddy (Chevy 1500) are sitting on the side of the creek watching tweedle dee and tweedle tard trying to figure how to disconnect the battery on the Jeep to hook up the winch wires. Keep in mind they are standing in the water and still a little drunk. So upon seeing this, me and my buddy decide they are friggin clueless and hook it up and recover their retarded butts.

We get them all out, after 6 hours, and now I'm hungry. YOU SORRY BASTARDS ARE TAKING ME TO BREAKFAST! Waffle House it is.

Soooooo, Sunday morning was a long one. Then the wife wants to hang all the Christmas crap. Uhhhhhhhh!

Ohhhhhh, I wish I had the camera to see 2 Dodges pulling out an F250, a Chevy, and a friggin Jeep.

Priceless!

Old 12-04-2006 | 02:01 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Oh I wish I had brought the camera!

oh what fun! driving in the river is never a good thing in my opinion. thats what boats are for. Pictures would have been awesome!

Old 12-04-2006 | 02:33 PM
cumminalong

I don't know if I could have gotten a decent picture as hard as I was laughing.

Old 12-04-2006 | 02:48 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

yeah camera shake is a bitch huh...

As I was getting dogged in another thread (Thanks Donny lol), I found a cheepie point & shoot from Nikon on-line. had a look, took a few test shots and bought it (used). man what a pita it is to get good results out of it. They are great, but it's more than a point & shoot camera. Would be better off with a Nikon D70 for the house. At least I can tell everyone who would be using it how to get the job done.... (for dummies...) program mode, point shoot. the camera does the rest. this cheepie nikon you HAVE to select the right program before shooting and there is too much of a delay between click and snap.... stupid!

Old 12-04-2006 | 03:43 PM
cumminalong

I have my Point and Shoot Sony 7.1 that I usually have on the counter, but I wasn't even thinking of grabbing it before I jumped in the truck.

I have another Nikon DSLR for nicer stuff.

Old 12-04-2006 | 03:59 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

I have an Olympus 600, with one of the best features "Available Light" --bascially pictures what the eye is seeing... plus weather proof.

Pictures of that would have been awesome! put a post-it note next to the winch so when you look at ti before you take off you remember the camera!

Old 12-04-2006 | 04:24 PM
cumminalong

You know, I wouldn't have been in that much of a rush, as I usually have the winch mounted on the back most of the time and all the straps and chains in my toolbox. I use it to drag logs out of the woods up to the truck so I don't have to carry pieces to the truck. I just cut them right there and throw them in.

I took it off becuase I wasn't gonna cut this week. Sure as heck, that night I needed it.

Old 12-04-2006 | 04:42 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

I have my Point and Shoot Sony 7.1 that I usually have on the counter, but I wasn't even thinking of grabbing it before I jumped in the truck.

I have another Nikon DSLR for nicer stuff.
I believe SOMEONE recomended the Sony for it's ease of use, however SOMEONE chose to go the PITA Nikon route .....

Old 12-04-2006 | 05:04 PM
cumminalong

I love the Sony. Takes great pictures. Turn the NightShot on and you can get some decent pictures in near total darkness.

The Sony at 7.1 actually seem to take better pictures than my Nikon at 8.0.

The only thing about the Sony is that it really makes greens very vibrant. I guess that's the best way to describe it. It doesn't make them look bad, it jsut seems to really enhance greens.

The Nikon seems to be a little grainy to me.

Old 12-04-2006 | 05:35 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Sony is nice as I have a small 2 megapixal. What I want is ease of use and a reach out and touch them lens. I hate it my as brother can take long distance shots with his Nice SLR camera and 300 mm lens and I can not. Heck my girl friend can do better with her Olympus 35 mm with 28-70 mm lens up close then I can [X(]
Dam if I only had the money. It's all Mayfairs fault [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] that I once again want to buy one as I had the Want all out of my system until he spoke up [sm=boohoo.gif]

Remember I'm just funing you Mayfair

Quick Reply: Oh I wish I had brought the camera!