Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Went to the dealer today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:33 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the dealer today...

Went to the dealer today and test drove an 07 lifted Mega cabRam, they were asking 54 for it, it was a nice truck...right up until they appraised mine! Bastards!!! Needless to say, Iam not driving a Mega cab.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:56 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran
Default RE: Went to the dealer today...

Isn't that why we refer to them as "Stealerships"?? I always like the "Reptile in Polyester Suit" moniker myself.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran

BTW, looked at your photo gallery. Question: The front light bar you got on there. What brand is that? I'm looking for one for my 04 and want to keep my tow hooks. Looks like yours fits the bill perfectly.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Thanks, it is a Randy Ellis Design and fits perfectly behind the tow hooks http://www.randyellisdesign.com/DODG...0BAR/index.htm
Her's his web site...tell him Sharky sent ya

Old 01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

what is making you want to sell yours?

Old 01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I dont, I love my truck...I just wanted to check out the mega cab and he asked if I had had mine appraised, I told him no, I didnt want to hear thier insult. But I went ahead and let them while I was test driving the Mega cab, I hate the new tail lights and head lights, and I wasnt real fond of the dash but it was a sweet truck.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 PM
HAZZERD1051
Rookie

lol sorry sharx, u can come drive mine at any time, and yes the tailights have to go. I plan on puttin LEDS in the place

Old 01-25-2007, 10:16 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Man I couldnt believe how nice the thing rode, with a 6" lift and youd never know, and instead of the wood grain which I hate it had the brushed aluminum dash and accessories. But 54K...naw...I like mine too much. I dont know what they were thinking when they designed thos tail lights, but I love the adjustable pedals...those are cool

Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 PM
triton
Record Breaker

I hear ya. I found my truck on ebay. Then realized the stealership was 3 hours from me. My intension was to trade in the wifes 02 Grand Cherokee on my truck then get her another ride. Needless to say... we drove home with 2 rides. It was cheaper to come out of pocket for a down payment than to trade in her car.

54K is quite high Sharx. I paid much less for mine including all my mods. If you ever did want to trade yours... go to another dealer !

On the tail lights.... I really don't think they're so bad. The headlights either. At least the headlights don't have the reflector in them like in the 06. I've thought about something like APC taillights but, they bring a
( bling, bling... over done ) to the truck i don't care for. On other trucks... they do look good though.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 PM
sharx ram
Champion

They were going to give me 35K for my truck which would have left me with 20+ to pay for, I told them no way when he said theyd put my truck on the lot for that, they had a silver one and one the color of yours, both had 6" lifts, but there was no way I was going to give em my truck and 20K for it, it was nice but come on.So 54 was too high to begin with? I havent seen what they are going fo rother than there.

Quick Reply: Went to the dealer today...