Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fender bender ... oops ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender bender ... oops ...

I can't believe that I got into a fender bender last night. I was all my fault too. I was pulling out of a parking spot and when I cut the wheel to the right my running board grabbed the front bumper of a T-Bird that was sitting next to me and ripped it off.. It sounded like a just ran over a plastic soda bottle, but when I got out to inspect what happened I couldn't believe her car. The whole front clip was sitting in the parking lot. My running board was pushed in and unfortunately her clip also damaged my new rim. [:@]

Does anyone have an extra rim and cap or have any idea as to where I can get one?

I'm also starting to think about loosing the running boards, especially if i can't fix what just happened. Any reccomendations? I really like those flip flop running boards that pop in and out. I remember someone here having them ... was it Sharx? How are they holding up?

OK .... let the bashing begin ... I'm a tool I know ...

Old 03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Hiloram
Professional
Default RE: Fender bender ... oops ...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Sorry I always wanted to say this. It really would have made for good pics though.

I think what you are looking for are called Power steps

http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/newdefault.asp

Most of the people around here who have them have previously damaged there nerf bars. They look like the way to go if you don't mind the price.

To bad though because the running boards you have look really good.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, that's the step and thanks for the link, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they make them for my year Ram, at least that company doesn't have them listed. they only show them for 2002 - 2007. I have a 98.

Thanks for the compliments about my current boards. Yeah, I kinda like they way they look as well and hopefully I'll be able to fix em. They are starting to show some age though so that's whay I was considering the power steps. Well see ...

Don't sweat the pics part. I plan on taking pics tomorrow whenI install my new pans. I'll also take a pic of my oil lever thing-a-ma-bob now that the truck will be on the lift.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

thats harsh man also about the rims you should check a couple junk yards and i notice your name is mayfair and i thought your profile said philly which means you are not too far from me so i will keep an eye out when im out on my junk yard runs..... what kind of rims are they?

Old 03-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yep, I'm in Philly in the "Mayfair" section ( get it .. LOL )

The rims are the same ones pictured in my sig. The are the 3rd gen aluminum rims that kinda resemble the old Cragars.

Are you in Philly too ??

Old 03-22-2007, 03:57 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

right outside of philly im in warminster and my aunt lives in philly and im down there every once in a while....

Old 03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Warminster ?!?!?

I'll be up that way tonight boxing. I'm up that way at least once a week.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I can't believe that I got into a fender bender last night. I was all my fault too. I was pulling out of a parking spot and when I cut the wheel to the right my running board grabbed the front bumper of a T-Bird that was sitting next to me and ripped it off.. It sounded like a just ran over a plastic soda bottle, but when I got out to inspect what happened I couldn't believe her car. The whole front clip was sitting in the parking lot. My running board was pushed in and unfortunately her clip also damaged my new rim. [:@]

Does anyone have an extra rim and cap or have any idea as to where I can get one?

I'm also starting to think about loosing the running boards, especially if i can't fix what just happened. Any reccomendations? I really like those flip flop running boards that pop in and out. I remember someone here having them ... was it Sharx? How are they holding up?

OK .... let the bashing begin ... I'm a tool I know ...

Donnie. . .Ive been trying to think of the most tactfull way to say this for a while. . .and well. . .I cant think of any better way to say this. . .but your a Dumb@ss

farkin tool[8D]

Old 03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah ... I deserve it and I knew it was comming. No biggie. At least it was a Ford that I put out of it's misery and not a Mopar.

I did feel bad for the lady though. That bumper skin peeled right off like a potato. To look at my truck except for the crunched hub cap and the pushed in rear running board, you'd never believe that it was me. It was the same side as the pic in my sig. Just picture the rear running board pushed in a little and the center cap missing and you get the idea.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Watermelon
Captain

DANG IT MAN, Sorry it happened. Just when you get it the way you want it!!! I see your a boxer, theres a tough man contest coming up here in Greenville, maybe we will see you there.

Quick Reply: Fender bender ... oops ...