Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Another one bites the dust (Soot)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:29 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one bites the dust (Soot)

Ok, I am comeing back from lunch yestrday and on my way back to work. I work in a mainly Hispanic part of town. It's also an industrial area. Well I turn on my road and about a block up there is an old beat up Chevy P/U, 80's model pulling a 16' trailer full of junk. Well the dumb *** was broke down with no lights or power and he was taking up half of the other lane on a 2 lane road. So I am sitting there waiting for the on comeing traffic to get around him and people in my lane to go around. You have to get one wheel in the ditch just to get around the dumb ***.
I am pissed by now and I have both my Boss's in the truck with me. There is a Dodge CTD DRW in front of me and one behind me, both of them 07' or 08' models. So naturaly I am checking them out and have CTD and POWER on the brain.
Well it's my turn to go around this dumb ***, so I assume the position and just couldn't help it. The angle of the truck leaning because I have one wheel in the ditch gave me a brain storm.
I pulled up with my tailpipe even with the window of the Chevy and it was angled almost perfect straight at it and both the chevy's window were down and the guy is sitting behind the wheel.
So I stood on the brake and floored it, belowing out thick black soot untill the wheel in the ditch broke loose and I started sliding into the ditch so I let off and went on our way. We all looked back and the smoke was 50 feet up in the air from hitting the side of the truck and going straight up and then we noticed all the smoke coming out of the other window on the chevy. The cab was full of soot and then the front end of the CTD DRW behind us apeared through the cloud. He must have been laughing his *** off watching that.
My boss's and I were laughing so hard I could hardly drive. This make victim #3 on that road for me!!

Old 02-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: Another one bites the dust (Soot)

LoL!

Old 02-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Stang_luvr
Rookie

ROFLMFAO

Old 02-02-2008, 09:54 AM
handymanherb
Banned

Ain't it fun, I got one yesterday too, she was doing five under the speed limit on the one lane no passing zone part then it went to 4 lane I pulled in the left and started passing her and I heard her speed up, her window was right beside my tail pipe, so I floored it to get away and since I been babying it the last few weeks, I got about3 seconds of pure black smoke before the turbo caught up and left a cloud in and in front of her mini van for her and the others to go through.

Not bad for just having the timing advance, can't wait till I can afford to get a programmer, meaning I can afford the to make the tranny stronger and repair anything I might break, might be this year I think it going to be a good one for me, hoping it's the first of many for a few years.

Mater of fact, I hope everyone has a great year and can get the goodies they want.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
finny
All Star

i just cant wait till i can get some smoke to pour outta my tail pipe

Old 02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I can't get mine to cloud up at all, although I don't bump my Edge past 3

Old 02-02-2008, 01:50 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Mayfair...I have one word for you.... INJECTORS!!! You want black ... that'll git-r done in a heart beat.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:05 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

So let me get this straight, someone broke down and it apparently inconvenienced you a little so you decide it's a good idea to blow smoke in his open window?

Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM
bwrong
Rookie

BT,
Its the world we live in today.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
JR 06
Professional

man I can't wait til I have a truck that'll do that

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust (Soot)