Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

richard petty edition???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
snakebit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default richard petty edition???

I just bought a 05 SRT10 used w/ 6k miles and it has a red reflective pinstripe that goes to the back and then is richard petty autograph it also on tailgate has somewhat of same decal. Someone says they were a special edition and only a few were made. Oher than the decal I see nothing out of ordinary compared to every other SRT10 that I have seen. Im happy as can be whne I bought my 04 Ram w/5.7 I loved it especially after my mods and tweaks. But I saw a SRT10 and had been longing for one since and it finally arrived yesterday. I work for a company named Carmax and I tell ya they have the best deals on a used SRT10.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Signed,
Snakebit (Chris Pratt)

Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Default RE: richard petty edition???

well im not for sure here but ive never heard of a richard petty edition and if dodge did make it and only a few were made i would think that they would have advertised it a lil bit or at least put it on their website as an option. I would also think that they would make it more than just a pin stripe and an emblem...perhaps the previous owner got it put on there aftermarket. im guessin if they did make a richard petty version it would have some special stitching on the interior and some kind of badge that said "richard petty" on it and problly have his number on the truck somewhere. i think a richard petty edition would be a good idea for a limited edition version of the srt8 challenger when it comes out. i would die for something like that.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Never heard of it, probably a aftermarket thing.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:56 AM
trw0042

I never heard of a richard petty edition. It was either something pretty low key or aftermarker.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:02 AM
speedsensor

Quite a few years age, I'm thinking late 90s, there was a conversion company doing a Richard Petty package on Quadcab trucks. We sold one at our dealership and it had special graphics with a sillouhette of The King on the tailgate. There were NASCAR looking wheels, a ground effects kit, and interior stitching as well. There may have been other colors, but the only ones I ever remember seeing were red.
For sure it was aftermarket, not Dodge. A Dodge dealer could pull a function to verify if it is factory. If it doesnt show up, then its aftermarket.

Old 10-14-2020, 03:00 AM
Bruce Ricks
Default Richard Petty Ram

Master Builders of Florida did at least the first year. A white tag on the frame has the series build number.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:15 AM
nialsens
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First time I've heard of this edition.

Trending Topics

Old 09-15-2022, 11:02 PM
Bruce Ricks
Default I have a 96. Tag number 17. Single cab 360

Hello.

Quick Reply: richard petty edition???