Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 07:34 AM
gorilla
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Wow, I did not expect such a great response to my question. Thanks all, you have just confirmed my reason for having this baby. My first truck is a Ford F-150 SLX 2001 V6. The other day I drove it. It was much lighter than the Dodge of course. I enjoyed the speed and the gas savings, but I must admit. It was strange jumping from the Dodge in to the Ford. The Dodge is certainly a larger, more protective smoother running vehicle. Thanks all. I really appreciate your comments. I want to read more of these.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
sreitz

I wanted to get in touch with my inner redneck.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:00 PM
whitey
Rookie

i grew up in the mountains of idaho and have always needed four wheel drive to do many of the things i had to do for jobs and so on. Now i live in flat north carolina, but the life style of the four wheel drive is hard to get away from.

Old 04-09-2004, 07:36 PM
OSCAR

Luck, pure luck. I had my heart set on a (don't laugh) Honda Element. Always liked Honda. The day before I was going to go trade in my Wife's old Saturn SL2 on an Element, it was damaged in a hit and run accident. Being a person with scruples I decided to have it fixed before I traded it in.

While the Saturn was in the shop, a total of four days, I had a rental car. A 2004 Dodge Ram 4X4 with the 4.7 Liter engine. I had to take a road trip to Omaha, and during the trip I fell in love with the Dodge. I got my Saturn back on a thursday, and by Friday night I had signed the paperwork on My new Hemi. I took Delivery on the following monday.

Wierd story, but completely true.

Old 04-09-2004, 07:47 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

[/quote]
Wierd story, but completely true.
That is a weird story, but a good one. I'd like to think that the powers that be didn't want you to have a Honda. It was the will of the gods that made you cross paths with the Ram and get one.

Old 04-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Amy

For a couple good reasons, firstly I started my own company, PGB Superior, a bullet casting business, and I have to be able to fetch a ton of lead alloy at a time from anywhere, as well as take loads of product to gun shows. Secondly, I had ridden in my girlfriends Ram 2500 Cummins, and fell in love with it right then. Now I have one too. Thirdly, I love camping in style, with 12x20' tent, Persian rug, potted palms, beer tap, movies, music, grill, stove, oven, and lots of weapons and ammo. Now I can.

Amy

Old 04-10-2004, 10:37 AM
gotsnow?

I got mine to haul my sleds in the winter, and my camper when i can't ride my sleds. Also supplies for home improvement, tools, firewood, or any other crap i need to haul around.
Dodge Ram=go anywhere do anything; in style

Only downside is everyone calls when they are moving!!!LOL

Old 04-10-2004, 11:02 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: gotsnow?

Only downside is everyone calls when they are moving!!!LOL
Tell me about it!!! Suddenly you have more "friends" than you ever realized!! But, it's also a good way to meet chicks....[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 04-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Homee2010
Rookie

Straight out of Xray school, 1983, I bought a rice-burning Toyota SR5. In 1996 traded that in for a '96 used Chevy S10. When I fell in love with a 2003 Atlantic Blue QuadCab HEMI SLT, I passed it on the car lot for 2 months. Finally, my wife got tired of all the whining and gave me the go-ahead to buy this truck. My son(13) told me, if I didn't get the HEMI, to not come home!!!I use the truck to haul my bicycles, and to fetch my toys from Home Depot.
This is our fifth Dodge vehicle. We've had 3 Grand Caravans, and my wife currently drives an '02 Durango. I am trying to talk her into the HEMI Durango when this lease is up, but she wants a P/T Cruiser, Turbo, convertible...
Homee

Old 04-11-2004, 03:17 AM
holmantxram

I always said "I'll never buy a truck unless I have a boat to pull." So here I am with a boat and I got tired of having to borrow my dad's 2002. So this year I bought a 2001 and here I am with a 25gallon tank and the highest gas prices in history. Oh well - I'm gonna love on it and hook it up with mods regardless...

Quick Reply: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)