Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 03:46 AM
HemiAddict
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Why did I buy a truck?

The reason I got a truck is because I am 6 ft 5 tall and 275 lbs. I like that I can haul stuff in the back, pull my stupid neighbors house of its foundation if I wanted to, have a place to carry my dogs, and feel safe driving around my family in it. As a newly married man, I like that I feel safe in this truck. One of the reasons for buying the Ram was because I could get side curtain air bags. My truck's got em.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:52 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Bought the Ram because a stupid deer jumped in front of my jeep & totaled it... I was out growing the jeep anyway. I swapped the motor on the jeep a few months earlier and pulled the old motor apart to see what kind of shape it was in and found there was no ridge on any of the cylinders... (motor had 200k on it)... so I have been sold on the mopar motor ever since.

would be nice if they were engineered a little more effeciently though...

Old 04-11-2004, 03:25 PM
CBR Rider 1
Amateur

I try to stay away from any vehicle with a good safety rating. It's all about fun for me.

I bought my truck for the sole purpose of taking my bike to shows or if I go on vacation that is longer than a 7-hour ride.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:44 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first truck was an '85 Ram with a slant six.
Since than I've owned two Dakotas and my current '01 Ram.
I choose a truck because I like them better than the cars they make today.
Cars feel too small compared to my truck, and you get a better view of the road, not to mention the lady in the car next to you in a truck.
Besides, the Ram is virtualy indestructible, I know it will last a long time.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:07 PM
CanadianRAM

Being a farm girl I learned to drive on trucks. I had been driving a car though for the last 6 years and have gotten really tired of practically dragging my butt down the road. Sorry, I need to be more that 6 inches off the pavement...Now I can finally see over all the damn mini vans!

Old 04-12-2004, 09:54 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I like trucks.

Old 04-13-2004, 12:25 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

SO i can be popular for every "friend" that all of a sudden has stuff to move or haul. Hahhaha Hmm real reasons, haul the Harley when its time for service, to make sure that shieks are able to afford a new Mercedes this year, to p*ss off the tree huggers, to make the SOBs that try to pass on the right when the lanes go from 2 to one think twice and to leap potholes in a single bounce!!!

Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 AM
bearcat74
Professional

Why did I buy a truck?

Well background on that is my first vehicle was a 76 Bronco, the various VW's water and air through the early 90's. Then back to a 91 S-10, then a new 94 Ranger, Totaled the last two vehicles here. Then came my 91 Nissan Hardbody that was the most worked vehicle I have ever owned. Bought it for 4000 in late 94, then managed to put just over 25K in the thing only to have my friend wrap it around a pole while in basic training. Then came the 91 Camaro that I drove till I bought my Ram. I was really tired of climbing out of that thing. Fun car, plenty fast but a real pain to drive in Bay area traffic. So the desision came and I wanted another truck. I looked at all the brands and sizes. Chevy wanted to much for to little, including interior space. Ford felt like a wet noodle all the way around, ride and power. The Toyota was nice but to expensive and to cramped like the inside of a car. I drove several of the styles of the Ram just as I did with the others. Since I was single I decided on the STD cab. Then came the time to find a truck, mainly after the Camaro self destructed again. The local Lithia dealer really twisted my pickle, and I walked away. Ended up 25 miles away and they only had 2 standard cabs on the lot with 8's. One short, one long. Thats when I found my silver long bed and it had exactly what I wanted and lots of room to stow the camping gear and haul the boat. Biggest reason for the purchase of a truck was the need for a large vehicle to tow the toys and cart me around in comfort. That and the V8 that resides within...

Old 04-13-2004, 01:17 AM
TexReb19

I love muscle cars...especially Dodge and Plymouth...well my parents refused to let me spend my money (they matched the $8,000 I had saved up and refused too if I bought my 71 challenger) on one so I went with something that had a V8 and I could modify. The venerable 318 is a good solid engine so I got my new 2001 Ram 1500 318 Q/C for $18,000. I have always loved muscle cars and trucks so the truck was always my second choice...Oh yeah, and as my friends say I am the "coolest hick" they know and if ur a hick u gotta have a truck.

-Chris

Old 04-13-2004, 11:19 AM
04Dakota
Veteran

My reason is simple. Where I live it snows a lot during the winter months and the s10 I did have wasn't 4 wheel drive. So I had to get something that wasn't scared to go in the snow and bad weather. And my Dakota has a V6 so I gained some extra horsepower as well.

Quick Reply: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)