Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:00 PM
1 cowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

we dont have to many trucks here,we have plenty of your cars, and the american car scene is very big here, but i wanted a truck a Dodge truck, cos its big,beautifull,sounds frigin awesome, the gas prices are a bit scary, but we always hire a trucks when we are over your side of the pond,we play cowboys aswell so it all fits in nicely, if your in billy bobs end of nov,i,ll buy you a Bud,

Old 10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Nelliebly

We had bought DH's Dakota just 8 months after I got my Suburban back in 2001. Told hubby that if Dodge ever came out with something large enough for a family of 5 and could tow our 28ft camper-the Suburban would be history. It took 5 years, but I took the plunge in March when my Mega Cab came. I get the best of both worlds, enough room for three kids-2 full grown teens and a 8 year old. Plus no more dirty carpet, or bikes in the camper when we vacation-they all fit nice in the back of the truck.

Nell

Old 10-19-2006, 11:53 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Claustrophobia, safety, and the ability to go thru the snow.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
4x4oli
Rookie

How much is gas over there?
ORIGINAL: 1 cowboy

we dont have to many trucks here,we have plenty of your cars, and the american car scene is very big here, but i wanted a truck a Dodge truck, cos its big,beautifull,sounds frigin awesome, the gas prices are a bit scary, but we always hire a trucks when we are over your side of the pond,we play cowboys aswell so it all fits in nicely, if your in billy bobs end of nov,i,ll buy you a Bud,

Old 10-20-2006, 07:01 PM
angelhemi

I bought my first truck a 03 Dodge 4X4 this yr because of the size, the 4X4, the ability to get into place's that a car cannot, and most of all the HEMI.. Camping and fishing and mountain driving and 4X4 trails are my passion so buying my truck truly is a dream come true for me and I'd NEVER go back to a car no matter what the gas price's go to.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:30 PM
gamagoat6x6

My new job requires me to have a reliable 4x4 and I have to pull my 4000 pound `66 monaco and all my crap 2800 miles to get to said new job so I got this little putt-putt. I have always owned trucks anyway but never anything quite like this one. My last truck was a 440 powered `78 W200 so i`m accustomed to thrifty fuel mileage!

[IMG]local://upfiles/36447/074FA46493FD43E2B5C74E4BC69E1D08.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 PM
1 cowboy

ORIGINAL: 4x4oli

How much is gas over there?
ORIGINAL: 1 cowboy

about 8 bucks a gallon, so you see when we come to your side of the pond and do 4 thousand miles in 2 weeks, gas isnt a problem,,

Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 PM
1 cowboy

Old 10-21-2006, 11:58 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Well that is a very good question,

We have two jetski's and a ranger that we take to the lake house, which is about 3 hours away. I wanted comfort and the ability to haul the 16 foot trailor with the lawn mower and ranger on it, then behind that we pull the jetski's. I am a big person (6'6" 280) and have lots of stuff and a family. I have not pulled the toys with the cummins yet, toatled king ranch ford powerstroke, but when summer comes again I guess it will be a Dodge Caravan, lol. It is a long SOB to drive, and really hard to get into a convience store when you really gots to pee. :-)

Old 10-23-2006, 03:53 PM
blasticblazin

always either wanted a ford mustang or a dodge ram....started out with neither, bought a ram 1500 5.9L v8....fell in love with dodge....time for a new truck, and i had to go bigger, couldnt ever see driving a car again so i got the 2500 cummins diesel, 06 megacab 4x4....i dont tow anything, i like the way they look and love the way a diesel sounds...

Quick Reply: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)