Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 08:17 PM
gorilla
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

A great majority of people know that a truck is used for hauling and transporting heavy objects. Today people buy a truck for many other reasons. Why did you purchase a truck?

2004 Dodge Ram 1500
w/ Dodge Ram Bedliner
w/ Dodge Ram Running boards
Hemi Magnum Stock engine

Old 04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran
Default RE: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

I had borrowed my friend's Ford F-150 for a few weekends and thought I liked driving a full size truck if the brakes didn't suck so badly. Then I found out that Ford is not a good representation of full size trucks. Once I test drove a regular V8 Ram, I was hooked. I was all set to get the V8 Ram when my friend with the Ford convinced the Hemi is well worth the extra $900 and it would have better resale value.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:56 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Well I got my first truck when I was 16. an 88 Nissan Pick up that my Dad bought me because we needed a Farm truck and he just sold his Dualy Ram... after that I was hooked on Trucks and hating cars ever since, I have owned a couple cars and SUVs though When I was 18 a 99 Ford F-150 was purchased for me as a Graduation present. I couldn't exactly complain about the choice of vehicles being it was a Gift EVEN though my Dad knew I hated Ford and Loved Dodge... lucily I was hit by a Semi going 75 in 2001 and it was totaled (PHEW). But even since that first truck its all I can ride in. Plus all of my friends say cars to fit my personality.. I belong in a Truck.

I have never hauled anything in my life (towed anything)... I get to this weekend though WOOHOO!!!

I guess I just like Trucks because truck owners are a different breed of people... I like em Big, I like em Loud and I like em Dead Sexy... I just don't see CARS as sexxy unless we are talking about old Muscle cars, Imports (italion cars) and / or Bentley and Rolls.

Trucks are Dead sexy... especially Chicks in Trucks.. There was this FINE women at the Car wash today washing her truck... it was so sexy.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Ratchet
Rookie

I like being up above most other vehicles on the road, and feel more comfortable being in a big, heavy, solid truck. After driving one for so long, I just don't like cars anymore...

Old 04-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Vader
Champion

It's excellent for running over Jedi

Old 04-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Ruslt
Rookie

My wife and I had our first kid and I need more room than the single cab 96 nissan hardbody. So I got the QC. I didn't want to get a car. I have always driven trucks.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:01 AM
lilmill

Kind of hard doing home repairs with a TJ and a cruiser. I had dirt piled on my drivway for three months untill I borrowed a buddies truck, Also I can build up th TJ more.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:13 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I'm counter-culture. Everybody in Shelby, N.C. drove Honda cars and Caddys...I bought a Mazda B3000 pickup. I come back to San Antonio, everybody is driving pickups and SUVs...I buy a (very fast) car...2004 SRT-4, life is good.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Palm
Professional

Believe it or not, I bought my first truck because we wanted to start camping and it was needed to haul the bicycles and gear. We graduated from the tent to a pop-up so had to have the truck to pull that, finally going from that to a travel trailer which definitely calls for a good truck.

So I'm on my 3rd Dodge truck and now wouldn't drive anything else. When I ride in my wife's Honda, I think I'm in a go-cart and everything around me, scares me, but back in my truck I'm king of the road.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:28 AM
BigDave
Professional

I've always had a truck of some sort, and always will. They are just too useful not to have. Now asking me why I own a car is a whole other story. So far 5 trucks to 1 car.

Quick Reply: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)