Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
buy black again
50.00%
not buy black again
50.00%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 12:34 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

ORIGINAL: sandiegohemi

When ya gonna get a Hennessy twin turbo for your Viper?

I was watching some videos online showing one beating a Huyabusa turbo. Impressive.

http://media.putfile.com/Viper-Vs-Crotch-Rockedt
No more modifications for this Viper, GEN I will pull more money for stock form in the near future

Now, someday, if I get Viper 2, it will be for something like that. Better doing serious performance mods to a GTS than a RT10. But chances are that will not happen. I have lots of cars I want to own before I die, can not afford to start a collection of any one car. My insanely fast car will probably be a blown Chevelle with a 502

Old 02-13-2006, 12:43 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

For the price of a Hennessy Viper, you could buy A LOT of other cars.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:52 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sandiegohemi

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

For the price of a Hennessy Viper, you could buy A LOT of other cars.
Many Viper owners bolt on Roe superchargers, about 10K.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:54 PM
drjgarage
Professional

Silver yaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Black is great. Yes it shows imperfections but this goes with I said earlier. Work to keep it up or fix the imperfections. If you drive a beater than buy the color that doesn't matter if it's clean or not. SILVER

Old 02-14-2006, 01:48 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

You can spend your money on fixing the imperfections, I'll spend mine on actually upgrading the truck

And I highly doubt an 04 QC Hemi 4x4 with the Offroad Package is a beater.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 AM
mr.Blonde

traded the blk for silver, always looks clean

Old 02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
drjgarage
Professional

Maybe not a beater but when someone with a black vehicle has it all clean and detailed ....put it next to a silver one and see which one gets noticed. When my black truck is clean I get asked if I just waxed it. Silver is never exciting even when clean. Dirty or clean it looks the same.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:50 AM
boyd98
Veteran

ORIGINAL: drjgarage

Maybe not a beater but when someone with a black vehicle has it all clean and detailed ....put it next to a silver one and see which one gets noticed. When my black truck is clean I get asked if I just waxed it. Silver is never exciting even when clean. Dirty or clean it looks the same.

i agree, i like the look of a nice clean black truck better, but its only clean about 1 every 2-3 weeks for about 2 days

Old 02-22-2006, 07:50 AM
angelmav

I like Green the best on any truck but since I am considering ordering the Night Runner package on my next truck I would have to say I like Black too!

Old 02-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Timmay!!

Hey all.

New to the forum, just purchased an 04 Ram 1500 qc hemi, and it's black. Had twelve thousand miles on it, driven on weekends by an old man, and is in pristine shape.
Now, as for the color, it wasnt my first choice, but I couldnt afford a brand new ram at what they are going for now.
I have to admit, it is very sharp, but it's also still very clean from the dealer, I'll let ya know in a year if I think black is very good, or very bad.

Timmay!!

Quick Reply: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again