Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
buy black again
50.00%
not buy black again
50.00%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:34 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I always wanted that big black sharp truck - now i wish i would have went with another color - sucker stays dirty 24x7

Old 01-17-2006, 02:40 AM
BlueHemi
Veteran
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I love the way black trucks look when they are kept clean and glossy, but I don't have the energy to do what it takes to keep them looking good. Besides that I can't stand being able to see every little scratch, dent, dirt etc.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:49 AM
ross944
Veteran
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

yeah whites not much better...wish i wouldve gotten the dark gray one.[:@]

Old 01-17-2006, 09:07 PM
DodgeMatrix

Mine was the only 2006 Sport on the lot. If I had a choice to begin with, Black would not have been my choice.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
papap
Rookie

I had a 2004 that was bark blue. Nice when clean but hell to keep it that way. It was only a yearold. Traded it in for a 2006 TRX4. White is the only color I will ever own again. It looks clean even when it is dirty.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
DRam1500Hemi
Rookie

I have had 3 white cars (always hid scratches well), a black car (always dirty) and my dark gray Hemi (always looks clean).

Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

Bright Silver Metallic is the way to go. The best choice I made (besides buying a Dodge). Always looks clean, can't see any scratches - you know the really fine scratches you get when washing or drying it over time?

Old 01-20-2006, 06:26 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Deciding on what color to buy... why does it have to be so pain staking. Lets see... I originally wanted a black truck, and after my old boss (the dealership general manager) talked me out of it, I finally went with red. I love the red, and have not regretted it once. The worst color in my opinion for the Ram is silver (no offense to those that own one), but I love to spend hours waxing and cleaning my ride, and looking at it when I'm done, knowing it looks better now then when I started. Silver however, looks the same before and after, unless the mud is caked on. I've own 2 white cars ( a Neon, and a Trans Am) and I'll never own another. They make me go blind after waxing them, hahaha. My favorite color has to be dark green, like on the 2003 Ram's. I would have gotten green had it still been available for 2005. My 1998 Neon is dark green, (w/100k) and it still shines like new. But I still like my red truck.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:33 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran

yeah I agree that is why I went with bright silver. I am in Arizona so you can imagine the amount of dust that I have to deal with.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:11 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swore up and down after my Honda I would never buy another dark colored car then when it came to my Ram I bought a dark blue one and really don't think I will ever buy another dark colored one unless I get it used like my Ram or it's the only color to choose from. My Ram looks beat to hell it has scratches from tree branches all over it and just looks like it's been to hell and back while always dirty. I have several friends with light colored trucks that have the scratched up a whole lot worse than my Ram and you can only see it if looking really closely my Ram shows all the scratches. My Ram isn't in bad shape at all the color just shows every little spot on it. It looks good though.

Quick Reply: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again