Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
buy black again
50.00%
not buy black again
50.00%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Stylin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I just bought a 06 black ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 hemi laramie. It's winter here, salt on the road and all that. Had it for about two weeks, washed it about 8 times so far. I love the black, it really does look incredible when it's kept clean, and I can spend the time once a week to give it a nice detail job. Would I buy it again? Hell yes, but ask me again in a year or so. ;p

Old 02-27-2006, 02:32 PM
drjgarage
Professional
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I clean my DAK cuz it's black. It's worth it. People always comment on it. I carry a California Duster with me. Whoopie ......big expense. The scratches come out with alittle work. If you're lazy go to grey or silver. If you love your truck you work on it no matter what color. You don't just put stuff in it, you keep it CLEAN!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Nelliebly

We've got a 77 Corvette that's black. If we didn't have a California duster, it would be a nightmare to keep it clean. We keep it covered in the garaged to keep stuff off it. And here in upstate NY in the spring, you have to watch for the tree stuff that lands all over it. It's major work to keep it looking good. My Mom had a black car that oxidized. What a major pain that was washing, buffing and waxing only to do it all over again because it wouldn't last.

I hope my new truck will be easy with the color we picked, it's a lot of truck to wax!

Nell

Old 03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Red and Black IMO are the hardest colors to keep absolutly clean. You can see the swirls on my truck when you look close up =/ Imma take care of that soon, some meguiars cleaner wax, some Klass Glaze and some meguiars NXT wax and I should be good to go... Just spent 75 bucks on waxes and microfiber clothes =D

Old 03-21-2006, 08:24 PM
papap
Rookie

I had the Dark Blue for 1 year and got rid of it for a white. It is so much easier to keep clean.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:29 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I've owned a bunch of dark colored cars/trucks. My Dakotas were bright blue and that fireman's red or whatever color its called. Both had clear coats. Both were very easy to keep clean.

My current pearl white Stratus is a royal pain in the butt to keep clean. It ALWAYS looks dirty.....its the way the color looks normally.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:55 PM
nsyncfanatic03
Professional

my neon is black and it drives me crazy that you get one little scratch on it and it stands out to the intire world but i always get compliments from ppl sayin that is the best lookin neon ive seen.. black and tht burnt orange and maybe red looks best on the neons.. black ona truck ive seen it had it. yes it looks good but all that work of wazing and washing and rying and being very careful with it.. it was nice int he beginnin but after it gone through the woods a while .. well ummm gray is good for me now!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Kdarmy

Bought a black Mustang years ago for the same reason...Looked great! WHEN it was clean, which never lasted long. Last time I ever had a black car or truck.

My Ram 1500 is silver and clean looking I only wash mine once a week, less than that during the summer...here in Florida it rains everyday for about an hour during the summer months, went for almost two months between a wash.

Keith

Old 04-20-2006, 05:51 PM
boyd98
Veteran

Sweet 1000 hits!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:32 AM
ramman1
Amateur

ORIGINAL: drjgarage

I clean my DAK cuz it's black. It's worth it. People always comment on it. I carry a California Duster with me. Whoopie ......big expense. The scratches come out with alittle work. If you're lazy go to grey or silver. If you love your truck you work on it no matter what color. You don't just put stuff in it, you keep it CLEAN!
Dude- just because someone chooses a Silver vehicle doesnt make them LAZY. Some people actually like the color. I own a Black Jeep and a Silver Dodge. I wash each the same frequency. Its just an added bonus that the truck stays cleaner longer than the Jeep. And i also think it looks just as good as a Black one. To each their own.

Quick Reply: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again