Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
buy black again
50.00%
not buy black again
50.00%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I use Basic H from Shaklee, a kind of soap and a real chamois. Then I use one of those dusters. Black is impossible to keep clean, but it does look good when it is. My Yukon is Carbon Fiber grey. Much easier to clean.

I will not buy another black vehicle...unless it is a good deal, or looks cool, or has low miles, or is new, well you know.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Petz
Professional
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Very interesting read concerning color choices. I love the look of a black truck and was thinking that my next one would be black with almost everything blacked out (rims, windows, tail lights, etc..) but after reading comments from current owners, i am feeling good about my choice to get a dark gray truck. Thanks for the heads up on this issue!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
firemedic740
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had two black trucks and I must say it gets pretty dusty around here around the crops. If you use a good wax the dust and dirt doesn't really stick to the paint that well. Klasse polish and Zaino waxes. I put 1 coat of klasse, and 3 coats of Zaino on and it lasts almost a whole year. Thats taking for granted I use zaino spray wax after each wash. Hell you hardly have to dry your truck after each wash- just runs right off.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

lol i would buy another black truck again, but gosh damn you have to have the damn time to clean it !! and yes just like everybody else every ding, scratch , chip is accounted for !! especially with my truck being all black, i swear one little chip is like a big damn accident!!! i have to clean or at least rinse it every other day!!!!! im in colorado, so we get snow ,rain , windstorms etc. every day , different weather!!! but in the end it is an head turner when its clean!!! so i would have to say...black ...is worth it!

[IMG]local://upfiles/88776/F2FCAC18E2FA430689BD192AC0D4FDD6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Zzyzx313

The ultimate color for not giving a crap is the tan or almond colors.

I never wash my truck. Just look at the window!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
PhotoRam
Rookie

My vehicles have been in this order:
Silver Mustang
Black Lumina LTZ
Silver Chevy Venture (blah)
Black Magnum
and now a Silver 08 Ram XTR4 last Friday

Every time I get a black vehicle I love it at first but then by the end I start to hate the black. It shows every little mark and scratch and ding. I get discouraged by the marks all over it. Then I go for silver... probably, I will forget again how bad the black always seems to look and get black next time.

I do have to say with the big wranglers and the roar of the HEMI I get noticed.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
boyd98
Veteran

interesting to come back to this thread - 89 for not buying black again - i originally voted not buying black again, but since 05 there has been a fee scratches....so it feels more broken in now....and i kinda like the black

Old 06-08-2009, 11:47 PM
boyd98
Veteran

bumpity

Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Man, talk about a blast from the past, this thread has only had 2 posts in over a year . But since I stumbled across it I voted yes to buying black again. I couldn't imagine any other color looking quite as good.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

I voted yes to buying black. Yes it is a pain to keep up, but with the right care it can be a beauty. It's also easy to fix and to do a color match. Hate seeing vehicles going down the street with panels that don't match. I have 2 black cars and a red. Gotta have at least one bright color.

Quick Reply: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again