Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Has anyone used the air ram intake or have an intake suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Jash927
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used the air ram intake or have an intake suggestion?

Has anyone used the airram intake or have any suggestions for an 04 Hemi quad cab?

Old 06-03-2004, 12:12 AM
glock45
Professional
Default RE: Has anyone used the air ram intake or have an intake suggestion?

I have mine or order. I have read quite a bit of praise about it in this thread Intake Headers & Exhaust

Old 06-03-2004, 10:04 AM
lawntycoon
Professional

Its the only 4 inch ID intake on the market,
its fully insulated (for cooler air to the engine), price is right, it took me 15 minutes to install, it also moves with the engine torque, they have a dyno chart to support their claims, it is light weight, and they now have a jet stream (scoop) to re-direct the air directly into the CAI, I had a noticeable increase in full range power, fuel mileage, and once i added the flowmaster?.....hehehehe . It turns the heads for sure. at WOT. need i say more? I had called air ram several times and each time "nick" spent the time with me and answered all of my questions. I had to wait 6 weeks for it a few months back and it was worth every day. I called him about the jet stream yesterday and all of his items have a faster turn around now. call him!
www.AIRRAM.com

Old 06-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Jash927

I have been reading and when an intake is attached to the resonator (Black box on top of throttle body that says Hemi 5.7) it loses it's flow because that resonator is part of what makes the factory system not flow, it's what deadens the noise/horsepower.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Jash927

Oh, and also it is made from PVC pipe, at every joint inside the pipe there are 1/4 inch slots which robs your airflow/horsepower not to mention all of the bends, I think I'm gonna go with the K&N FIPK, they know their Shi-ta-ke, unless someone can please shoot me some more info.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:04 AM
airbrat
Professional

anyone who spends more than a $100 bucks for an intake is high on crack! A simple K&N does the same job those $100, $200 units do all day long and for a little bit more you can have a real CAI and still save a bundle.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:31 AM
BigDave
Professional

Hello, I'm Dave and I'm a recovering crack addict.

During one of my binges, I replaced my K&N filter, which didn't seem to do anything for me performance-wise over my stock filter, and spent $256.75 for and aFe Magnum Cold Air Intake, yes a cold air intake and not a filter. Yeah, I did notice a performance improvement and yeah I wasted $50 on a K&N filter, but I feel much better now.

Even a sorrier story, during another episode, I spent nearly $1000 for a Corsa Performance catback system, instead of sawing-off my resonator and replacing it with $5 of pipe. Yeah my truck sounds like a race-car, and my cabin is without droning resonance, but think of all of the good things I could have done with that money. I could have had camper-top put on my truck, or maybe one of those horns that plays a song. Oh the shame. [&o]

BTW, isn't crack what you get when a fat guy bends over; Not a pretty sight. [sm=smiley36.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2370/Sq458666974.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2370/So428784644.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2004, 02:23 AM
glock45
Professional

BigDave I am a recovering crack addict as well because I have ordered the AIRRAM for $200 and am replacing my K&N filter. LOL

I dont know what kind of system Jash927 is buying for under $100....Jash927 what did you get that was soooooo great for $99.99 or less???? You never say? BTW you need to look at the AIRRAM homepage because the pictures clearly show that the entire stock air system is removed. Also PVC pipe and PCV hose are a little different.

And Airbrat the AIRRAM has three 90 degree bends in it....unless you are doing a ram induction hood where you can straight pipe to the front of the hood those bends arent that bad. What have you used that you apparently highly recommend over the AIRRAM?

Not flaming anyone just wanted to know why you guys put it down when you have never owned it?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3988/Qo400686627.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2004, 05:26 AM
jcdc1

I have been doing a little research myself and found that the AIRRAM intake is best for my Hemi. Been on order for 2 weeks now

Old 06-04-2004, 05:28 AM
jcdc1

oh yeah, cost me 190.00 US green backs including shipping and handling

Quick Reply: Has anyone used the air ram intake or have an intake suggestion?