EFI/Carb swap Club - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Notices

EFI/Carb swap Club

Old 01-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Moparite
Record Breaker

Thanks, It has a 383(30 over) forged 10 to ones, edelbrock intake, modded spread bore holley, headers bla bla bla. It was in my charger originally. The six pack efi has progressive throttle linkage. From the videos i seen FAST efi is what most are using. Sounds like the Dominator may fix your issues. That sucks having the dyno that far away. Report back when you get it installed.

http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/products.htm

Old 01-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Wrenchinrandy
Default I'll let you know

Originally Posted by Moparite View Post
Thanks, It has a 383(30 over) forged 10 to ones, edelbrock intake, modded spread bore holley, headers bla bla bla. It was in my charger originally. The six pack efi has progressive throttle linkage. From the videos i seen FAST efi is what most are using. Sounds like the Dominator may fix your issues. That sucks having the dyno that far away. Report back when you get it installed.

http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/products.htm

FAST Man EFI Mopar 508" EFI 6 Pack - YouTube

F&B Performance 426 Hemi six pack EFI 2 - YouTube
I'll let you know how it turns out. I forgot to answer your question about Magasquirt earlier. When I originally went looking for an ECU, they offered only a fuel controller (no ignition). This time around, I couldn't find clear info as to whether it could self tune. Overall, I don't have any experience with them. The spec sheets look appealing though. How about you? Are you thinking about an EFI conversion?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Moparite
Record Breaker

I thought about it for one of my projects but that's a long way off. To get an accurate reading for both fuel injection an ignition you need a crank sensor and a cam sensor. At least that's the way its done on modern vehicles. It looks like the FAST system is just for fuel. Not sure about what the Holley dominator EFI either. I haven't schooled myself about the all the different systems that are out there. Why i mentioned the megasquirt controller is because i seen some people run the second gen ram trucks with it(and others) with a turbo(or two) and they need a crank and cam sensor to work both fuel and ignition if you remove the original controller(PCM). It's not self tuning but once it gets dialed in it should work perfect. I would think using one controller to do both would be better. With the the separate controllers one doesn't know what the other is doing. Well at least that's my theory.

Last edited by Moparite; 01-25-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Wrenchinrandy

Originally Posted by Moparite View Post
I thought about it for one of my projects but that's a long way off. To get an accurate reading for both fuel injection an ignition you need a crank sensor and a cam sensor. At least that's the way its done on modern vehicles. It looks like the FAST system is just for fuel. Not sure about what the Holley dominator EFI either. I haven't schooled myself about the all the different systems that are out there. Why i mentioned the megasquirt controller is because i seen some people run the second gen ram trucks with it(and others) with a turbo(or two) and they need a crank and cam sensor to work both fuel and ignition if you remove the original controller(PCM). It's not self tuning but once it gets dialed in it should work perfect. I would think using one controller to do both would be better. With the the separate controllers one doesn't know what the other is doing. Well at least that's my theory.
You only need the cam position if your running sequential. Batch fire works fine with only a crank reference. Fast, Holley, and Magasquirt all offer units capable of either. I am running sequential. My distributor is an Excel dual-sync distributor which has two Hall effect sensors providing cam and crank position reference. There are distibutors available for B and RB engines. You're right, there's no reason to have more than one controller.