Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Bed Liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:46 AM
wildneg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Liner

Got my truck not to long ago, and just having a hell of a time deciding on what bed liner to get. I have been told to get a drop in with the sponge material they use between the bed liner and bed of the truck. I was told to get a spray in, I have so far looked at two brands, Line-X and Rhino. Rhino pictures of the bed, after like a year, are gray. Not even black anymore. Line-X is much better as far as keeping its color.

This probably wont really mean much considering the fact I will have a tonneau cover on most of the time.

I went to a local place to check out Tonneau covers and front brush guards, and he suggested a drop in. Then went back in a second time to show my father some of the things I was looking at cause he was looking for things like that for his Dokota. The sales guy suggested a Bed Rug. He said everyone's trucks there have the Bed Rug liner. Their work trucks have it, etc. My only thought was it was fabric, will smell after a while and can't get rid of it.

Upon reading it is a plastic based material. It wont absorb smell or water or such. Water should run off it, etc. And the reviews I read, noone has ever complained about it. The things I will be hauling wont be horrible. More horse supplies if anything so I doubt this will get damaged in anyway. Plus I was reading all the things people put back there and have never discolored it, ruined it, etc.

Anyone have any pros/cons to either of these three choices (Drop In, Spray In, Bed Rug)? Need to make a decision very soon! Just wanted to get some feed back! Thanks.

-- K

Old 03-01-2006, 12:31 AM
jimtriz
Default RE: Bed Liner

I have a Line-X that I absolutely love!! This thing is pretty much bomb-proof!! I costs a little bit more upfront than a drop in liner, but the durability and the lifetime warranty from Line-X makes it worth it in my opinion. I also have a tonneau on it, it's a Truxedo roll-up cover. I love the way it easily rolls up, from one side of the truck. It also looks killer!!!! I figure with the two on the bed of my truck the bed will out last the rest of the body!! LOL! Hope this helps.
Jim.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:57 PM
shnormo
Veteran

A spray on liner is the way to go. Put a drop in liner and after about 2 years, the truck bed will be rusted badly. Water gets trapped inbetween the bed liner and the truck bed. The liner seals in the paint to protect it. The reason why it discolors is because of UV rays, just like anyother black plastic on your truck. Go buy some good silicone or armor all and just keep it protected. It should outlast your truck. I went with a Line X figured it's cheaper and it still seals the paint.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:14 PM
krajesj52
Rookie

If you haven't decided yet....
I've also purchased a Line-X spray-in liner. The Line-X dealer had a tailgate sprayed 1/2 with Rhino, the other half with Line-X. He said the whole tailgate was originally sprayed with Rhino, then he cut and peeled half the Rhino side off to spray his side. You could still get your fingers under what was left of the Rhino. That and the lifetime warrentee sold me. I had the whole top edge of the bed sprayed over to include the pockets. The initial cost was over $500.00, but the truck only had 30,000 miles and I plan to have it for a loooong time!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:33 PM
marcus 1619
Rookie

if you can find a place that does POWERLINER go with it, it's even better than Line-x, thicker & rougher texture, color lasts along time and its the same price as rhino and line-x

Old 05-28-2006, 01:48 PM
ramitupurs84

I sprayed my own in. I used durabak. I did the whole inside of my ramcharger, for like 200 bucks. The hardest think was the prep. I wouldn't of payed close to 1k for something you can do my 2 thoughts.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 AM
dodge dandy

i would deffinately go with a spray on liner. the one i have is gator hyde i have had it about a year and it is still in good shape and still has its color. seems to be pretty tough stuff so far.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
gordo24fan
Professional

I've got it narrowed down to a company called spray on bedliners ( http://www.sprayonbedliners.com/ ) and the line-X. They look pretty similar to me and both are around $510.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
gordo24fan
Professional

I've got it narrowed down to a company called spray on bedliners ( http://www.sprayonbedliners.com/ ) and the line-X. They look pretty similar to me and both are around $510.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

Spray-on Bedliners has 5 locations. LINE-X has about 600 and they are the ONLY brand with a nationwide lifetime warranty. So, they look the same, huh? Walk into a Discount Tire store, the tires all look the same.

Quick Reply: Bed Liner