Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Michigan DF Meet Poll #2

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Michigan DF Meet Poll #2

I'll be there, bright eyed and bushy tailed.....but not at 8am. Maybe I should bring some pancake mix and a propane griddle. Are we really doing this at 8am....on a weekend day?

Danny

Old 08-16-2004, 09:49 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

Woodward Dream Cruise... sorry... I'm out...

Old 08-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

y'all dont have to come that early. Amanda and I are just doing that to claim a good spot.
I was thinking everyone would show up between noon and 2 and then hang out till 6 or so.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even realize that it was the day of the Woodward Dream Cruise!! What am I to do?!?! I REALLY wish we could change the date now...

I wasn't planning on staying much past 2pm because I'm getting there so early... I was hoping everyone would arrive around 10am.

Ehh... this all seems to be falling apart... Who picked the date?? On DREAM CRUISE weekend??? OMG... I really wsh I could back out now. I wanted to be down at Woodward. I can't believe that didn't dawn on me until now.

I scoped out a place yesterday, but I'm wondering if we should change the date since less and less people are coming... I don't get up at the *** crack of dawn often and I don't want to have only a few people show up... we could meet in a parking lot somewhere if only a few people are going...

~Amanda

Old 08-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Ohhh Please don't cancel the date!! I've waited for over a month for this and this is the only day that I could attend!! And about the only exciting thing to do on my vacation since I am stuck at home due to a lack of $$$. A few people is better than none. I already bought the chips yesterday. Even if we meet in just a parking lot would be fine. I'll do anything just to keep the meet on schedule!

Karen

Old 08-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

You can always attend the dream cruise later on in the day...I find it more exciting at night.

Karen

Old 08-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Have you ever tried to get to the Dream Cruise later in the day...? Damn near impossible... LOL!

If only a couple people are coming, I don't think it's worth us paying $4 each to get into Stoney Creek Metro Park and wait from 7am for those few others to arrive. In the beginning, 12+ people were coming, now it seems like maybe 5... maybe... we could just meet up in a parking lot and take pics or something.

Thoughts??? I don't want to miss the Dream Cruise, but I don't to let anyone down.

~Amanda

Old 08-16-2004, 01:55 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

My plan was to go to the cruise later in teh afternoon. My wife's Aunt and Uncle live one block off Woodward in Roayl Oak, so I have prime parking down there. I will definitely be at Stoney with burgers, buns and beer. I was planning on something around noon, otherwise it's way too early. Karen is right, the cruise is so packed during the day that it's not fun to be down there, but once the late afternoon and early evening hit, the party starts to pick up. It's much more fun in teh evening. The old fogies and the 1958 Pontiacs are gone by then, it's mostly muscle cars after about 6pm.........but I think Friday night is the most fun by far. People tend to be a little looser on Friday night than they do on Saturday.

Danny

Old 08-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Wow... I'm going to be mighty bored waiting for people to arrive then. I think time should have been discussed first thing. At least I'm learning my lesson this time and next time this should go smoother.

~Amanda

Old 08-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I know that the cruises here in Port Huron were a blast later at night then during the day. I was just offering a suggestion. But if it boils down to just meeting in a parking lot..that is perfectly fine by me.. I'm just trying to make everyone happy

Karen

Quick Reply: Michigan DF Meet Poll #2