Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

WOT SHifts.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 07:37 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT SHifts.......

I was reading some thread on WOT shifts. If your not used to this, practice using this method, it wont hurt the drivetrain too much:

Get into fouth gear, at about 45-50mph. Roll the throttle wide open, when the boost peaks, just blip the clutch and grab third. You'll love it. The car will actually burn third gear if you hit it right.

Second to third are the toughest, practice makes perfect. I also found if you hold the revs too long upshifting WOT, it seems to be less effective as shifting at 5k. I know peak hp is over 5k, but you will hit the torque band in the next gear.

I'm still waiting for my short throw shifter (backorder from mopar), I'm eager to see how this shifter works with WOT madness.

Old 10-26-2004, 09:47 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: WOT SHifts.......

Your fkn nuts. Absolutely crazy. But its awesome

Yeah I was WOT shifting when I first got my car....but thats cause I uhhhh didn't really know how to drive a stick. I had to teach myself. LMAO It was quite funny.....whoops Oh well [>:]

Paul you still owe me a ride in your car, once you get the Mopar STS I wanna see the difference.

-C

Old 10-26-2004, 10:43 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

"Won't hurt the drivetrain too much"?? That's wild!! I guess since you work at a Dodge dealer you get a discount on your repair work. For the rest of us that pay full price, please give us a break....no, I think you already did, right in the drivetrain......[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 10-26-2004, 10:50 PM
andybuzz2u

I've been banging mine like crazy with no ill effects...i think one of the shifter cables is stretching cause it seems like the shifter throw has grown longer...or maybe i need to come up with a super short throw shifter....1/2 inch from first to second...naw...but it does sound good.....

Old 10-26-2004, 11:17 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Andy , didn't your transmission "blow up" just prior to the SRT-4 Nationals in February of this year in Louisiana where you promised to "prove" your 9 second 1/4 mile run????

And now you want us to hear your BS again.....

BTW, are you planning on making the 2005 SRT-4 Nationals in April, or will your tranny blow up just in time again....???

Old 10-27-2004, 12:17 AM
millenniumdna
All Star

ouch. I dont think I could do that to my tranny

Old 10-27-2004, 12:51 AM
andybuzz2u

close Dusty....actually the transmission didn't blow up the pressure plate gave up at high rpm and blew the bellhousing apart, so guess you can say it blew it up...but that was the experimential stage...most of the drive line parts are up grades....there is way better stuff like that on the market for the srt-4 now than then........i'll be there hell or high water..

Old 10-27-2004, 01:58 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Well Andy, thank you for responding to one of my postings finally. Looking forward to seeing you in April!

Old 10-27-2004, 04:22 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

EEK!

One thread you guys are all praising WOT shifting in track racing, now your attacking someone who's answering a question that was posted in another thread?! Damn Dustylions, your quite harsh. [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Again I state.....Its ALL in the driver. If you can't WOT perfectly....don't bother you'll break things. If you can....all the power to you, and your car in the high torque band. [8D]

Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 AM
millenniumdna
All Star

I wanna go!