Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

what todo ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:42 AM
jnmopar71
|
Angry what todo ?

So I blew my motor...Any one have one for sale?

Old 01-30-2009 | 01:20 AM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

what did you do to your motor? I would like some details. hey, dont feel to bad. I am on my 4th motor. **** happens. Look around like ebay or junk yards. You might be able to find a wrecked ptgt and pull that motor out.

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:16 AM
night709
Veteran

What did you do to your other three motors?

Old 01-30-2009 | 07:52 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

4th motor? damn get a new tuner. i'm still on my first and it's running strong as hell.....because it's tuned properly.

Old 01-30-2009 | 02:39 PM
SRTmik3

ouchh... what kind of set up did u have??

Old 01-30-2009 | 04:19 PM
devilman80

ha ha ha i just had my all rebuilt after melting ....umm all 4 pistons couple valves the head ....ha ha ha ha thats what a crappy tune will do at 145mph with your foot on the floor :P it the block is salvagable id rebuilt it with better pistons and such

Old 01-31-2009 | 12:59 AM
millenniumdna
All Star

damn you some crazy ****'s!!

Old 02-01-2009 | 02:41 PM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

The first motor that blew, the tone ring bolts came undone and the heads snapped off- not technically blown but I did buy a new motor off e-bay. Second motor, I was runnin from a shark and I am not sure what caused it to blow but it completely disintigrated my 1st and 4th rods, it was nasty!! Third motor, this one was the shops fault, and the car is currently having the same issue. The shop did not run a fuel pressure regulator line away from the turbo and it dry rotted the line and my AFR's were at 13's and the motor that I just built with less than 1,000 miles on it, pistons melted. The shop took care of that for free cuz it was their bad. My tuner is really good, Tony at UMS tuning and Apexmotorsports here in AZ, but his shop mechanics I am not fond of. Bunch of tools.

There is a guy selling a block on my local forums for 700 I think. Azsrt.org

Old 03-03-2009 | 02:34 AM
neonftw87
Professional

what is rough with tuning is once you start modifying from the factory specs you have to tune the engine, just for instance, anyone can upgrade the turbo, but if they dont know what they are doing, they could push 18psi of boost or more and thats just waaaaaayyyy too much.... *just an example, not saying this is whats happend at all*

your engine may be salvagable depending on what fell apart... if your like me, and you put a ton of money in an engine, you dont want to just throw it away and put another one in, problem with this is, with your engine, you already know what its been put through, you already know what limit it was pushed, and you already know what you have invested in.......... with just putting another engine in, its most the time stock, you dont know how hard the previous owner ran it, or if they even kept up the maitenance...

See how rough your engine is and see if you can rebuild it first... depending on how hard you were on it lol.

My point is, whatever route you go with this, make sure you tune everything so your engine can handle it, when pulling the engine anything could go wrong with the adjustments... or even putting the engine back in.

anytime i pull an engine i give at least 500 to 1000 miles for a break in period.. that way, i can fine tune, and on top of that make sure the new parts are broke in...

hope this helps you man... good luck.

Quick Reply: what todo ?