Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

2005 srt-4 vs new mitsubishi eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:57 PM
srt4 kid
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 srt-4 vs new mitsubishi eclipse

Do you guys know how the srt-4 would do against the new mitsubushi eclipse. I read it has about 263 hp. Have you guys had any encounters with them?

Old 08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2005 srt-4 vs new mitsubishi eclipse

Was driving next to a blue one yesterday - interesting looking cars. Not as fast as I expected though. I honestly expected more, they must not have been pushing it too hard, or she just wasn't a good driver, I don't know. But I'm not quite stock , anyway, so it is a little hard to judge how a stock srt-4 would do, but I would imagine that the srt-4 would be a bit faster, even stock. Yet another example of how the srt's power is underated. It does weigh 3600 lbs, though, so I guess it makes sense.

Edit: ----I just checked out the website, and it looks like the blue GT is only available in steptronic transmission, so that could explain the fact that it seemed as slow to respond as it did.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

i think that the srt-4 is a little bit faster

Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

The SRT-4 would probably win, Mitsubishi is no threat stock.

-Matt-

Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

ORIGINAL: posthondaremoval

Was driving next to a blue one yesterday - interesting looking cars. Not as fast as I expected though. I honestly expected more, they must not have been pushing it too hard, or she just wasn't a good driver, I don't know. But I'm not quite stock , anyway, so it is a little hard to judge how a stock srt-4 would do, but I would imagine that the srt-4 would be a bit faster, even stock. Yet another example of how the srt's power is underated. It does weigh 3600 lbs, though, so I guess it makes sense.

Edit: ----I just checked out the website, and it looks like the blue GT is only available in steptronic transmission, so that could explain the fact that it seemed as slow to respond as it did.

dude, it weighs 3600 pounds?! that is obscene! it could have 100 more horsepower than an srt-4 (and remember they're giving bhp) and it still wouldn't be a threat! that is utterly embarrasing. i actually like the way they look (back to the gen 2 rounded body style look), but that is terrible.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:05 AM
LostSoul
Rookie

Just watched a thing on them, they flat out admit, it is a heavy car and feels spirited, but it not a fast car. I would not bet against an SRT 4 in that one unless the driver SUCKED!

Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Its heavy, and it is hideous. That orange color needs to go with the "just got puked on" orange in the interior. GROSS! They made it girlier than EVER! Definitely not feeling it, and could never would never drive it. Id feel.....[sm=lame.gif]

Old 08-30-2005, 09:44 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SRT-4 has it beat. In the Car & Driver article "Cheap Speed: Round 23" they had cars that have a base price not to exceed $25,000 and at least 200 horsepower or more and they had considered the new Eclipse, but they left it out saying,"The latest Mitsubishi Eclipse GT came close to making the cut, but the only staffer who'd driven the thing told us it was "more like a softly suspended tourer than a racer" and would thus be humiliated." The SRT-4 ACR was in that article and it bested all the other cars in almost every single performance test including, 0-60 MPH, 1/4 mile, top speed, braking, autocross course, etc. and this was against the Acura RSX Type-S, Subaru Impreza WRX, Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged and Saturn Ion Red Line.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
black4
Record Breaker

outstanding find rr.[sm=coolness.gif]

Old 08-30-2005, 11:48 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

The SRT-4 has it beat. In the Car & Driver article "Cheap Speed: Round 23" they had cars that have a base price not to exceed $25,000 and at least 200 horsepower or more and they had considered the new Eclipse, but they left it out saying,"The latest Mitsubishi Eclipse GT came close to making the cut, but the only staffer who'd driven the thing told us it was "more like a softly suspended tourer than a racer" and would thus be humiliated." The SRT-4 ACR was in that article and it bested all the other cars in almost every single performance test including, 0-60 MPH, 1/4 mile, top speed, braking, autocross course, etc. and this was against the Acura RSX Type-S, Subaru Impreza WRX, Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged and Saturn Ion Red Line.
I'm not looking to start something RR... cause you have valid points and respect your opinion... but I am having trouble understanding something about your post... you believe C&D when they talk about the Eclipse being softly suspended tourer than a racer?? but you don't like it when they don't give the SRT the 1st place victory?? I'm not looking to start something, just seems a little... weird to me... maybe it's me... like I said, not trying to bash, just doesn't make sense to me...

Quick Reply: 2005 srt-4 vs new mitsubishi eclipse