Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

My first 2 kills.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 03:56 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first 2 kills.....

I got my first 2 kills in the last couple of days. On Tuesday, I got a 2003 Mustang GT and last night I got a 2004 RX8. Mustang hung tight, RX8 got smoked....but I would not and do not condone exceeding the speed limit on public roads.

The mustang was at my back door all the way through 4th gear. He got a 3 or 4 foot lead out of the hole (he had an automatic, and I'm still trying to find that sweet spot with the clutch and throtle), but by the time I shifted out of 1st, I had him.

The RX8 wasn't even a contest, I thought those things were quicker. Again, I had issues out of the hole...wheel hop...I backed off the throttle and got back into it and he was toast.

Danny

Old 04-23-2004, 04:04 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: My first 2 kills.....

Yep, launching a SRT takes a bit of practice. I've got a RX8 to my credit as well, but I haven't found a 'stang GT willing to "accelerate quickly down the street side by side" (I didn't say "race")...I also smoked a 350Z last week, he was a little faster than the RX8, but still no winner...[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 04-23-2004, 05:43 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Aight!!!! 1st two kills...

i havent had the privlage to race an RX8... BUT, IM GLAD SOMEONE DID. i always wanted to know what's all DA HYPE about that car... Now i know it aint S***!
Im suppose to race one of my pilot's Mini Coop Type S in a few days (out by the Autobahn).
My 1st Sgt is suppose to be gettin his 350Z soon. He claims he "got it". "It's all about the DRIVER", HE SAID. which is tru.
i want the S2 to arrive and installed before his car gets in...
Dusty:
Race the 350 again,if you can, toe-to-toe... need to know the feedback on that!!!

One
[sm=smiley34.gif]

Old 04-23-2004, 06:26 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

good job on the GT... I have tried taking on a few of them, but most won't play (notice I didn't say race either I did take on a 98 (or so) GT from a rolling start. It wasn't much of anything, but I am sure I surprised him when I dropped into third and went right around him as I heard him drop a gear or two and try to keep up. And to think, my car still hasn't hit that "magic 1500 miles" yet...

In a few short weeks I should have some info on racing a 2001 Cobra with some mods... more on that when I get the chance to see my old college buddy, and his car... hopefully in my rearview mirror

Old 04-23-2004, 07:03 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

We raced almost right up to the gate of Fort Sam Houston, so I'm pretty sure he's either active duty or retired military....not too many people in the neighborhood outside the post drive a car like that...I go the the commissary at the same time each week so I could well meet up with him again. I can tell you already they launch easier and stay even until 3rd gear....[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 04-23-2004, 07:15 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Yep, can't wait for the "magic" myself....1200 miles and counting....[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-24-2004, 12:44 AM
doof432
Veteran

I am thrilled to here about all the races. I am trying to analuze every car that I can beat... I knew I could beat the GT, but I always thought that the RX was a bad car. I am somewhat disapointed in how slow it is.

My thought has always been, if I race a cobra/trans am/etc, if they win, what can they possibly brag about? "I beat a stock NEON that cost $20,000 with my $35,000 car..."

Old 04-24-2004, 01:02 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Who really cares if you lose once in a few dozen races when you're in the process of saving 15K to apply to mods that may help ensure you won't lose again? But remember, NOBODY has a perfect race/track win/loss record, despite what you hear on the internet....enjoy the car, and take life one moment at a time......(and you're right about the "bragging rights"....)[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

Interesting story- met up w/ a WRX on the way off base today- he was pretty cool, so we wandered out to the highway to spar- from a rolling start he got smoked, as you all know will happen, so that's not the interesting part- after he backed off I gave him a wave and went on my way, when in the rearview I saw that trademark garage-sized hood scoop coming up behind- seems a silver STi saw us and wanted to play too. I've seen people post that the SRT will take it- let me be the first to say that, uh, NO, it won't. Admittedly, he got the jump on me, but still, I was barely able to hold on- I kept about a car's length on him, but even if he hadn't had the jump I probably would have been at his back bumper. That 300 horses is just too much, even if the AWD is alot heavier. I pulled up and asked him if it was stock- he said it was. That REALLY made me want to get my stage 2- maybe I'll just put it on the card and get it now...[sm=smiley13.gif]
I think w/ the S2 I could've gotten him (assuming the CAI and Mopar exhaust as well), but he'd have to stay stock. It was fun anyway...

Old 04-24-2004, 08:41 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

I DIG ALL YA RACERS WHO AINT ASHAMED TO SAY THAT THEY CAUGHT AN "L".
BUT, IN REPLY TO ALL THOSE HIGH IMPORT & MUSCLE CARS, THE SRT4 IS DA PERFECT SLEEPER!!!.

JUST KEEP RACING
AND BE SAFE...YA'LL

PEACE
[sm=smiley20.gif]