Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

$2000

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006 | 08:51 PM
dolem20
Default $2000

2004 SRT-4 with mopar exhaust. I have $2000 what can i buy to get my car in the low 13's and my car be drivable. I was thinking about getting stage 2 but i was told there are better options out there. Thanks for anyone info?

Old 06-15-2006 | 09:23 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional
Default RE: $2000

ORIGINAL: dolem20

2004 SRT-4 with mopar exhaust. I have $2000 what can i buy to get my car in the low 13's and my car be drivable. I was thinking about getting stage 2 but i was told there are better options out there. Thanks for anyone info?

Sounds like my budget and I want to keep it all "Mopar" in mods. I'll be adding a Stage 2 without toys and the other stuff in my signature. Just adding the BOV conversion for the sound. Probably will also add a red powdercoated valve cover (just because I like the way it looks) + ignition upgrade and I should be in way under $2000.

Old 06-15-2006 | 09:53 PM
Nicky B
Captain

Get a stage 2 with the toys, cold-air intake, exhaust, and with high octane mode on you can hit the low 13's with good tires.

Old 06-15-2006 | 11:08 PM
FlakDodger

Stage 2 with toys definitely. The extra feature make it worth the extra bucks.

Old 06-16-2006 | 11:34 AM
MEandmySRT
Professional

Not trying to argue here, but I have a question: If someone almost never uses the "high octane" mode...are the "toys" really worth it? On regular octane mode, I've seen graphs that nearly put down the same HP and TQ numbers for toys VS no toys. Wouldn't the extra money spent on the "toys" be better used on a larger cooler? Or not? For me, a larger cooler would be used 100% of the time - High octane mode would be used about 2% of the time.

ORIGINAL: Nicky B

Get a stage 2 with the toys, cold-air intake, exhaust, and with high octane mode on you can hit the low 13's with good tires.

Old 06-16-2006 | 01:55 PM
Valo2170

i got 13.2 with just wga and fmic on strret tires.thats about 700.00 to gether so with 2,000 you should buy intake,fuel pump,wga,ebc,stg1,and exhaust oh and some nice mm for wheel hop.If i can get a 13.2 on street tires and no nos you should be able to get a 12.9-13.flat with this stuff.I think stg2 is way to much for the mods and from what i herd its not all that.

Old 06-16-2006 | 03:59 PM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: MEandmySRT

Not trying to argue here, but I have a question: If someone almost never uses the "high octane" mode...are the "toys" really worth it? On regular octane mode, I've seen graphs that nearly put down the same HP and TQ numbers for toys VS no toys. Wouldn't the extra money spent on the "toys" be better used on a larger cooler? Or not? For me, a larger cooler would be used 100% of the time - High octane mode would be used about 2% of the time.

Well what other modd is there when alls you need to do is press a button to gain 20HP without increaseing boost levels. And if you get a stage 3 you could gain 40HP in High Octane Mode.

Old 06-16-2006 | 04:32 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

Water Injection will hold HOM.

Old 06-16-2006 | 04:40 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional

Well what other modd is there when alls you need to do is press a button to gain 20HP without increaseing boost levels. And if you get a stage 3 you could gain 40HP in High Octane Mode.

Because, like I said, I'd never use the "high octane" mode. You need at least 100 octane fuel to use the H.O. mode, yes? And since I won't ever have H.O. fuel in my car when I'm making boost...except for maybe 1% or 2% of the time, it would be a waste of money for me. But I could use the larger cooler all the time. Anybody know how much HP gain a "Monster" cooler would add to a Stage 2 with intake and exhaust mods? Thanks.

Old 06-16-2006 | 05:48 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

Because, like I said, I'd never use the "high octane" mode. You need at least 100 octane fuel to use the H.O. mode, yes? And since I won't ever have H.O. fuel in my car when I'm making boost...except for maybe 1% or 2% of the time, it would be a waste of money for me. But I could use the larger cooler all the time. Anybody know how much HP gain a "Monster" cooler would add to a Stage 2 with intake and exhaust mods? Thanks.
I have a S2 WO toys. If I were to do it again, I would have bought the toys. you can hold HOM on 93 oct with Water Injection.

Quick Reply: $2000