Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Porsches cant take us!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:14 PM
StupidSRTGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsches cant take us!

A week and a half ago I was driving down I-80 in PA going to Ohio and this raced out porsche shootin fire out the exhaust flys by me. I catch up and yeah its a young guy and the nice 2 lane highway wasnt too busy. We dropped our speeds to 40 side by side and let it rip. To make a long story short at 170 ish mph the porsche was about 3 car lengths behind. We continued to do this over and over about 4 times not losing once untill the last time he flashed his lights several times at me and signaled me to pull over. I may have been paying attention to the speedometer but not fuel. My fuel was running such a high psi it stripped out the threads on the inside of my intake manifold holding the fuel rail on and bam I was done with a tank of gas everywhere. I had to use the rubber off my windshield wipers to tie the fuel rail in place till I got to a gas station. The gas station directed me to a repair shop 1500 ft down the road and fortunately they had a tapping screw and rethreaded the manifold with bigger bolts and had replacement O rings for my injectors "PHEW" but the moral and morale of the story is that I consecutively beat a porsche with my little SRT and successfully got my wife to rip a whole in my seat with her nails cause she was pooping herself. Thought I would let everyone know not to be affraid of other cars.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 PM
moparman04
Captain
Default RE: Porsches cant take us!

sorry man our car wont go past 153 without pcm switching

Old 10-18-2006, 12:08 AM
slysliknwiked

alright first of all let me just tell all of you that im not a negative person but....... our cars cannot go 170 ish unless you tweak the gears from the tranny.... or a different transmission, second your fuel pump does not raise psi on its own especially not enough psi to tear the fuel rail off of the intake manifold, and second if the injectors and the fuel line are still connected then it doesnt matter if the fuel rail came off of the intake manifold cuz all parts would still work and be connected, and you used your windshield wipers to hold the fuel rail in place???? WOW thats clever McGuiver......... but in all reality no more messing around if a raced out porsche would really race us (turbo porsche of course) then im pretty sure the porsche would win unless your running a big turbo with a shot of nitrous or something pretty heavy, but anyway dont mean to dog but your story sounds like it should be in a disney movie with mickey behind the wheel, maybe with the title herby 2?? anyways those are my two cents....

Old 10-18-2006, 12:25 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html

The SRT-4 IS faster than a Porsche Boxster in 0-60 and in the quarter mile (see above). But since the speedo in a SRT-4 "only" goes to 160 mph, it's impossible to say you went any faster with any degree of accuracy. But good job, at any rate.........

Dusty

Old 10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
StupidSRTGuy

You know, I come to these sites to talk with other SRT owners. I dont brag and I dont lie. It was a boost of confidence. 1. A warlboro 255 fuel pump w/ aftermarket fuel rail will rip out the threads on a piece of **** alluminum intake manifold with facotry bolts holding it on. 2. I will take a pic of my speedometer doing 185ish for your damn proof. 3. The porsche didnt even come close to touching me. 4. If your car only goes 153 I feel bad for you. 5. Maybe YOU should know what I have in my car before YOU decide to tell me it only goes 153. If you dont like honesty and all you can do is put down other people maybe you should kick me off the site or give me a bad posting. This is why I should have sold it for an EVO at least the EVO community supports each other. And oh yeah, the story aint changed.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
prpaster
Professional

So what do u have in your car that makes you go 30 mph more bc it better be alot bc we are drag limited in the 150's Stock

Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
StupidSRTGuy

With all the negative vibes and everyone hating just cause they werent there to see it all why would I tell anyone what I got. But I think I can give you this hint. My dad designs transmissions and my car is the only one of its type and will always be the only one of its type unless someone else can pull it off. With everything i said all I expected back from the rest of yall was a "that sucks your car took a **** like that but congrats on beating the porsche." But no, all I got was "you are full of ****." All I got to say is there is 3 witnesses. The guy in the porsche, my wife and me and a few cars we flew by. But that means jack to yall.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
prpaster
Professional

what are all the mods you have and what type of Trans did he build

Old 10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

designs transmissions huh? For DC? You had custom gears put in? You have a neon that will hold together at 180mph?? and it feels safe at that speed? and you have an aftermarket speedo that reads 180+??

See, it's these types of posts that make all us "normal" SRT owners look like stupid ricers... I mean, I beat a McLaren with a Jet Engine strapped to the back with my bone stock Neon... not even an SRT... I know a guy who builds PCV valves and it gave me like 300hp to the wheels (rear wheels cause I added a Viper rear end to the car, I know a guy who had a cutting torch and welder)...

sweet dude... sweet... you may wish to try your hand at one of the other more BS tolerant srt forums... I don't hate you, I just think you're an idiot.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:24 PM
talisman
Veteran

lol,,,,,,I want to see the pic of your SRT-4 speedo reading 185ish. It does sound like a load of BS and I wish you luck with your EVO. Maybe dad can make a trans for that also.

Quick Reply: Porsches cant take us!