Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

cooling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006 | 07:24 PM
thump_thump
Default cooling kit?

has anyone heard about the cooling kit for the srt 4? is it any good?

Old 12-21-2006 | 02:14 PM
talisman
Veteran
Default RE: cooling kit?

never heard of it. what is it ?

Old 12-21-2006 | 03:36 PM
thump_thump

its a kit that includes a new thermostat and a water wetter bottle. its a red fluid. supposed to make ur srt 4 cool faster and prevents overheating. i donno if its any good. i just wanted to know if any srt4 owner has it in their car

Old 12-21-2006 | 03:52 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i think you're talking about the kit that ptperformance is selling. i use a similar product in my car, water wetter. i think he uses the royal purple version of it. it's good stuff.

from what i remember though, his "kit" is pretty overpriced. you can get water wetter for about $10 at any car shop, and a thremostat is $5.

Old 12-21-2006 | 04:40 PM
thump_thump

yea i bought mine fora little over 30. i have no idea how to install it. i dont wanna go to a shop cuz i know they'll rip me off good. help please......

Old 12-21-2006 | 05:03 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the water wetter you just dump into your radiator. the thermostat is in the housing right next to the raditor, just remove the old one and put in the new one.

Old 12-21-2006 | 06:23 PM
thump_thump

i was told the thermostat is right next to a small black box. if im correct i think the box is for the power steering. its also by the belt. and do i have to drain any coolant out or no? i also heard i would need to drain coolant out of the car. which is y i have been hesitatnt on doing it myself

Old 12-21-2006 | 07:07 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

get a turkey baster or something and just remove some of the coolant from the thermostat housing and put it in a cup. you only need to take out a little so that it doesn't spill when you remove the thermostat housing. the housing is on the left side of the motor in the front, right where the big coolant line is that goes into the radiator. just remove the cap, unscrew the bolts and take it out. pop out the old thermostat and put in the new one. that's it. it takes about 10 minutes to do.

Old 12-21-2006 | 07:38 PM
thump_thump

awesome that makes more sense. thanks a lot. oh and about the coolant can that go in the container by the fire wall or where the new thermostat goes in? if the entir bottle goes in it, do i have to worry about how much coolant is in there? i dont want to have too much or too little

Old 12-22-2006 | 04:45 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

the tank by the firewall is your windshield washer fluid, you don't want coolant in there lol. just refil it to the top when you put the housing back on. you might need to push down on the thermostat with a pair of pliers to make sure that there are no air bubbles in it. you should only need to take out abouta cup of coolant, so don't worry about how much to put back in. just top it off and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: cooling kit?