New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

You can delete me <3

Old 03-08-2014, 07:00 PM
dadsbee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You can delete me <3

Hi guys. I joined at the advice of my brother - our father just passed away after a long battle with cancer. Medical bills being what they are, we're left trying to sell dad's superbee so his advice was find a dodge forum, talk to people/sell it there. Then of course you see the rules after you've joined and yeah. I don't have the time, dealing with his final affairs and trying to help my mama get out from under the debt, to try to learn enough about cars to go through all the hoops so I can use yalls classifieds. Just going to have to stick with our adds on other sites. I've spent about 20 minutes skimming and trying to figure out how to deactivate this account and get off yalls forums and stuff so if any of the mods are around, please feel free to delete me.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

You just need 25 posts to use the classifieds.

Sorry for your loss. Good Luck.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Craigslist is a great way to sell cars. Online forums have rules for a reason. Sorry for your loss and good luck.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:39 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry for your loss, but the forum doesn't delete accounts.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetRosie
The DodgeForum website doesn't delete accounts??? What if I die? Does that mean my account will be on this website FOREVER? Wow, if this is true there needs to be a law about deleting accounts when requested. Gonna print this page out and take it to my Congressperson. This is nuts.....
Seriously? THIS is your first post here??? In a six year old thread???? If you die, your account goes inactive, unless you log in from wherever you end up once you are dead. How is that a problem???

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 08:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by SweetRosie
The DodgeForum website doesn't delete accounts??? What if I die? Does that mean my account will be on this website FOREVER? Wow, if this is true there needs to be a law about deleting accounts when requested. Gonna print this page out and take it to my Congressperson. This is nuts.....
Seriously? Troll or what? All the crap going on in the world at this moment and you get your panties in a wad over this? Log out and go away. Your account will be here forever. We will visit this post often to keep it alive, just for you. Now that you went to the trouble of creating an account, (you did read the fine print, right?), we OWN you. Good luck with your congressman.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:10 AM
Brian Murray

This does seem ridiculous that the owner of a profile can not remove all of their information from the site. I didn't even know this existed. But when I found it, I also found that there is already profile under my email address that I never made. Seems strange since I just bought the first dodge I have ever owned 5 weeks ago. I never received a about this profile. I to reset the password so I would know what it was. Now im finding that the profile I didn't make can't be deleted or removed. Never heard of any forum where users couldn't simply delete all of their profile and information from.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:03 PM
ihaitpepl

I say ban his ***

Old 05-06-2020, 08:45 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by Brian Murray
This does seem ridiculous that the owner of a profile can not remove all of their information from the site. I didn't even know this existed. But when I found it, I also found that there is already profile under my email address that I never made. Seems strange since I just bought the first dodge I have ever owned 5 weeks ago. I never received a about this profile. I to reset the password so I would know what it was. Now im finding that the profile I didn't make can't be deleted or removed. Never heard of any forum where users couldn't simply delete all of their profile and information from.
We can ban you if you like. You will never be able to log in again but your profile will be here forever. All online forums operate this way. If you know any that do allow deletion of member profiles, please share.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You can delete me <3