Toyota Quallity

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM
2coff
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Quallity

Toyota has major recall to almost 1/2 a million car motors. link A good quote from it.

" The recall comes after police investigated three Toyota officials on suspicion of professional negligence in allegedly shirking recalls for eight years and not fixing a defect that may have caused an accident."

Toyota quality

Old 07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Quallity

3 words.... abreviated....

L O L

Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

yep, and what's even LOLer about it is that the toyota drivers are so used to the old toyotas that were actually worth something, that they to this day, still live in their confined little worlds, trying to tell everybody that toyota is still the best there is out there and the longest lasting. They also tend to brag about how powerful their toyota is and long lasting, but ironically won't race, mud, pull, or do anything with you because they are scared to break something.. wow. toyota integrity eh? pfft.!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Toyota has problems, for sure. Aside from their big wigs not being on the up and up, they've covered up recalls both in Japan and the USA. Some feel they are growing too fast and the quality is suffering.

As for me, here in San Antonio they will start rolling new Tundra trucks off the assembly line in a few weeks. I really don't want a vehicle built by illegal aliens, most of whom can't read, speak or understand any more English than "Green Card!"[:'(]

Dusty

Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 AM
hemi 265
Professional

Toyota has problems, for sure. Aside from their big wigs not being on the up and up, they've covered up recalls both in Japan and the USA. Some feel they are growing too fast and the quality is suffering.

Thats what i have noticed, the faster there growing the more problems they are having.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:15 PM
srtommy
Veteran

It's pretty simple.

The more you build, the faster you have to build them. The faster you build them, it's easier to make mistakes. Toyota is going to suffer major growing pains. It's a perfect time for the big 3 to slow down, ease up production and become the quality leaders. When that happens you can bet Toyota, Honda and other foriegn makes will lose market share faster than they got it.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:55 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shouldn't enjoy Toyota's misery so much, but I do. They are such an arrogant, self-centered, full of B.S. company that it is so enjoyable. Just watch Consumer Reports will cover their huge rear-ends as will J.D. Power. I can't wait for them to be in financial trouble.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:11 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: srtommy

It's pretty simple.

The more you build, the faster you have to build them. The faster you build them, it's easier to make mistakes. Toyota is going to suffer major growing pains. It's a perfect time for the big 3 to slow down, ease up production and become the quality leaders. When that happens you can bet Toyota, Honda and other foriegn makes will lose market share faster than they got it.

You sir need to stop selling Chrysler's and come to Auburn Hills and talk some sense into the current morons that run our operations! For you have far more sense than they do!

Joe

Old 07-22-2006, 08:32 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2coff

Toyota has major recall to almost 1/2 a million car motors. link A good quote from it.
Every automotive company these days have had ridciulous amounts of recalls, I mean, look at GM!

I remember back somewhere betwen 2002-2004 (yes, thats a long range, I believe more so 2002-2003) GM had some new campaign that said they were commited to reliability and building good cars. *Cough, believe it when I see it, cough*. Not too far after they so convienitly stopped advertising for this, and they had a HUGE recall, including such things as windshields not being properly put on (certain Cadillacs) and I belive wheels falling off (those Tahoe on steriods H2's), including others! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

In all fairness, it's not like Chrysler is much better. We had bad ball-joints (partially because the idiots use "lifetime" non-greaseable balljoints), catalytic convertors, central timer modules (I read about it all the time in the Durango section), and, of course, many other things. And of course, speaking of reliability (and something that was never recalled, but has cost consumers huge amounts of money!) the good old FWD 4-speed automatics (such as those found in the K-cars).

Speaking of which, Mitsubishi I guess had the same problem, with covering up recalls (is this a Japanese thing? LOL.). It's all their automotive section can do to keep money moving in.

My choice of automotive companies doesn't change: 1: Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler (f**k the rest of DC, MB can go to hell for all I care, I guess the "German engineering" on (edit: some of the new) diesels in MB cars ain't too great there, so why the f**k would I want that engineering in my car, Dr. Z?), 2: Toyota, 3. My feet.
I'd rather own a Toyota than a Honda, I don't exaclty know why, but thats how it is.

But none-the-less, this will tarnish their record (of course, the "non-biased" Consumer Reports, and all the other magazines will have selective hearing/reading and ignore this!), but I don't think it will have that big of a change on their sales. I mean, GM and Ford still sell vehicles (oh, wait, what? They have to give them away now? Oh.. thats right, I forgot. Of course, is it reliability that does that, or ugly *** vehicles? LOL.)

Old 08-03-2006, 04:49 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Recalls happen, so do lame posts targeting an automanufacturers quality. Toyota's been on top of their game for decades now.

I guess the "German engineering" on the diesels in MB cars ain't too great there
You tell that to 300,000 miles on about every older diesel Benz like mine before they finally need a major rebuild Good luck with your Power Stroke hitting that

Quick Reply: Toyota Quallity