Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

toasted a rice burner

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
V8Boss
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: toasted a rice burner

All I have to say is that I love my tired and true American muscle. It's definitely not the fastest on the road, but I can hold my own and I love the way it looks, sounds and feels. It all boils down to what you like and what you can afford 'nough said. .

Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 AM
R0oster31
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Smooth_Puddin

Torque is decieving, you think you are flying because you are being pushed back in your seat.
That doesn't make any sense. Yea, torque is what you feel, but you feel it because of acceleration. A train has a ton of torque, but do you think that throws you back in the seat when they start off?

Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

umm.. whoever said that these trucks {Dak R/Ts} are not ment for racing.. you are wrong.

1. R/T = Road and TRACK
2. Sports package with swaybars, tighter sus, and lowerd makes it easier to handle on the track
3. Big *** V8 in a small truck (not that powerful stock) but has TONS TONS TONS of aftermarket items made for them.

Yes they are ment to race.. even stock. Why else would they have the sus. work.

Also i agree with rtkota our trucks STOCK will not beat a Lightning.

back in the late 90s when these 5.9l where big that was good hp for an engine. But as the years go by technology gets better and imports/domestic 6cyl cars can be pushing 250 easy now. So thats why you rebuilt the 360 to a 408 and slap on a S/C and your set.. or swap it out with a 5.9 CTD

easy.

I love my truck. I have little work done to it, as you can see in my sig, and it has power.. the little ricer kids that think there little cars can smoke my truck always get a good taste of what a dodges tailgate looks like. Its fun, and i love the look on there faces when they just got whooped by a Truck...

Old 06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO at racing trucks (Any of various heavy motor vehicles designed for carrying or pulling loads.)

In the world of Chrysler and Dodge. The RT badge gets thrown on all the models with the bigger engine. SRT's are the ones made for racing.

don't say anything about my Neon, I know it's not race car and I don't pretend it is... ha ha

Old 06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
tyler819
Veteran

i definatly think that trucks can be used for racing and for hauling. I got this experience from going to Moroso, a local drag strip. I have an srt-4 and i was running low 13's that nightand was getting beat by thosebigturbo diesel trucks, they were running mid to low 12's with huge tires on them and everything. Probly running big turbo's and alot of boost, i was really surprised. The turbo dieseltrucks were the only trucks there that were beating my times though and there was two of them.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Midnight

LMAO at racing trucks (Any of various heavy motor vehicles designed for carrying or pulling loads.)

In the world of Chrysler and Dodge. The RT badge gets thrown on all the models with the bigger engine. SRT's are the ones made for racing.

don't say anything about my Neon, I know it's not race car and I don't pretend it is... ha ha
Actually, R/T badges on the gen2 daks ACTUALLY ment somthing, not like the new gen3 dak thats all decals. The R/T for the gen2 was not just badges.. im not going to explain what the diffrence was.. you can search it. For all i know.. not only can i haul **** and carry things, but along with that i can also kick peoples asses in cars that are made for racing..."since my truck isnt" you know... [sm=confused06.gif]

people can race whatever they want... who cares.. also why is it so funny to see trucks race.. im reallllly sure you where not laughing your *** off

if people want to race there cars/trucks/scooters/rcs then do it.. it gives us more of a varity of people to race and diffrent types of people/cars to race.

I dont know about you, but if everyone drove, Srt-4s, T/As, Cameros, and Stangs.. i would probably shoot myself.... O WAIT everyone DOES!

R/Ts are diffrent alot of people driving the POS above dont think a truck can touch them.. and then when we do some mild work to our trucks.. we smoke there *** and makes them feel like **** that they have a RACE Car and it cant even beat a truck that is suposably "not a race truck"

point is.. race what you want, i dont care. I saw a Toyota Echo whooping honda *** the other night... now thats funny.. and thats what i enjoy watching.. knowone would think a echo would ever race... its cool. Watching the same **** over and over again is gay.. Im so sick of mustangs, and Trans Ams get somthing new out here.. everything on the road know is a mustang or Trans Am (around here) and the sad thing is my R/T can beat most of the N/A stangs.. T/As i have no chance... yet.. lol

Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 AM
MChat
Captain

ORIGINAL: wink2873

there's no substitution for cubic inches, plain and simple. twin turbo a honda civic and maybe get a 12 second car, twin turbo a dodge viper v-10 and get a 7 or 8 second car. you cant beat american muscle.
Don't count on it.

Twin turbo a 4cyl and get a 12 second car? You better go back and look at what turbocharged 4 cyl's are running; and at a fraction of the cost of a Viper new, much less one that's been built.

Actually stay in your delusion, it's just that much more fun to blow your doors off w/ my turbo'd 4 cyl.

Edit: Here's a video for you to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVdKV...ted&search=

Old 06-19-2007, 01:35 AM
scg87
Veteran

Wow, this thread is REALLY entertaining to say the least. I didn't even waste my time reading the entire thing, but in response to some of the things I DID read:

1. A stock Ford Lightning will absolutely murder a stock Dakota RT. Period. The End.

2. To the guy who's wife has a 2007 Mustang GT:A Dakota RT w/ bolt-ons is not gonna outrun an S197 GT w/ a competent driver behind the wheel. Those new GT's run in the 13.40-13.60 range. I don't see your Dakota being that quick. Sorry...

3. Whoever thinks trucks, even Dakota RT's are made for racing is completely dillusional. Trucks are the total antithesis of perforamnce vehicles. They're heavy, they have bad aerodynamics, they have inferior suspension, they have bad weight distribution, they have high centers of gravity, andeven the most powerful ones still lack the powrband desired for racing. Trucks are heavy, slow, and made for work/towing, deal w/ it.

Sorry, to call so many people out on this one, but I'm just stating facts. Not trying to start a war, because I used to own two Dodge Dakota RT's myself (a '99 sc, andlater a '99cc) and my dad is a huge Dodge truck fan. Buthe currently has a 2003 Hemi Ran 1500 QC 2wd, w/ chip, headers, cam, intake, exhaust, andthrottle body,and I hate to say it, my nearly stock Z will p3wn his Ram all day long. That's just the way it is. The Moral of the Story Is..... yes, trucks can be made to be fast, but that's not what they're built for, and they will always perform worse than their car brethren......... THE END.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 AM
tyler819
Veteran

lol

Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
User
Champion

Banks sidewinder says otherwise. Dakota is more aerodynamic then you think.. not as good as a z06 or viper but better then some of those damn ugly *** tanks back in the 70s. lol. Also back in the 70s 80s ect the cars where made from steel not this fiberglass **** and carbonfiber, roadrunner, charger, cuda, ect all heavy *** cars that will smoke just about anything with work.

Also mustangs are ****.. any N/A stang i see on the road i can whoop up on. Now if they have about 4k under the hood then maybe not, but for the mods i have (not that much) i can still beat pretty much all of them.. Mustangs are not that great... Unless moded to ****..

I still dont think yout truck bashers understand what um saying. Dak R/T a truck that can be built to race even stock can take some of those crappy ricer ****, what im saying is that people buy these sport cars thinking they can whoop everything and i come along with my heavy, non-aerodynamic, hualing a boat pos truck with light mods and smoke there aerodynamic 1500lb car by a long shot.

It makes me feel good when my truck can beat sports cars, makes them look horrible.

"dude i got my *** pwnd last night"

"by what?"

"a 2400+lb truck"

"wow you suck whats the point of owning a v8 stang with all that work if it cant even beat a truck, go die"

(thats what the guys says after i smoke him while carrying 2 sets of tires a tailgate and some grocerys in the back along with my g/f and her 50lb purse full of ****.)

lol (im being a little sarcastic) but i hope you get the point.

Quick Reply: toasted a rice burner