Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

toasted a rice burner

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: toasted a rice burner

I kinda have to agree with smooth here though guys. Our trucks arentthat fast. I'm sorry but factory for factory, a Lightning can eat up an R/T any day. Not by an unimpressive margin either.

I also don't agree with the twin-turbo 4-cyl to 10-cyl either. Look at the base HPnumbers and times. The 4-cyl Hondagains a lot more than the V-10 did. It proves nothing. Spend $80K on a Viper. Now spent $20K on a Civic, dump the remaining $60K or lessinto it and watch it eat your "American muscle" alive.

By influencing or encouraging, or participatingin a race on a public way. Or by drawing attention to yourself by excessive reving, swerving, or "fly-bys'... You yourself have become the ricer!

Now I love my truck as much as any of you. And I love Dodge. But come on people... If you want to make fun of ricers, then good, they're hilarious. But don't become one yourself. If you want to beat them, then do it on a track, not on the road.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
00r/t
Professional

To Smooth Puddin, what ever the **** that means:
I have owned 5 V8 dodge dakotas, 2 of whick i still own, i while i was in college i hauled cars for a living to pay the bills until i could find a good job. My 94 5.2L 2wd hauled more than that gay *** ford you driving could ever even think of. I used to stack cars 2-high doubled up on a twin axel trailer (about 6800 lbs) without a proble and the engine had well over 150K miles.My brother is a dumbass like you, always driving a ford and always getting out-performed by me. Dodge outperforms every single vehicle in its class: small compact car- Neon SRT-4 ; midsize pickup - Dodge Dakota V8 ; Fullsize Truck - Ram SRT-10 ; Supercar - Viper ; Stationwagon - SRT-8 Magnum ; 4door Sedan - SRT-8 Charger ; SUV - Hemi Durango (except for Jeeps SRT-8 which is made by mopar) ; Small SUV - R/T Caliber. I have more knowledge about automobiles than your your mind is evencapable of attempting to learn so i understand why you would find yourself lost here.Now take your *** home and lie to the mirror, thats the only place that might believe you!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
00r/t
Professional

To rtkota5point9

I handle all my racing affairs at the track unless its with my friends playing around. As comparing a viper with a honda, you can't do it, just like you can't compare a dakota r/t with a ford lightning. There are 3 ways to get big horsepower fast & easy, Turbocharger, Supercharger, & Nitrous. You comparing a SUPERCHARGED 380 hp truck with a Natually Aspirated 250 hp truck with much different price tags. Take the $7K-$15,000 difference in these 2 trucks and put it into the dakota R/T (or any dakota) and you will surpass the ford lightning by a long shot. And as for the Viper Honda comparison, there is no comparison. A supercar costs $80,000 for more reasons than its $18,000 engine. And you don't have to take out its passenger seat to make it run below 10's in th e1/4. You could spen $20,000 and make a geo metro outrun a viper if you wanted. This world isn't limited to what can be done, but who in there right mind you choose a geo metro over a dodge viper even if it was faster? Thats just not how the world works so i say build your hondas and i will have my viper & we'll see who wins in the end. I have respect for anybody who is interested in improving the performance of their car. There care more than 6 billion people on this earth, how lame would it be if everybody owned a dakota r/t?

Old 06-11-2007, 06:42 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

I agree you can't compare a Viper to a Honda. That was exactly my point in response to somone elses post. I realize there is a lot more then just the speed you're buying, but that wasnt the argument, the agrument WAS over speed. I also wasn't arguing which car is better. Of course I would pick a Viper over a Metro, Honda, ect. The fact is, Displacement is NOT everything. HP/Liter ratio is actually more in a Honda Civic, than in our trucks.

Yeah aLightning has a more powerful engine and is faster. Did you read my post?? That was exactly my point. I wasnt comparing the two. I was simply calling out the kid that said his R/T beat a Lightning.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Billiam
Champion

Of course from what I read we've never said anything about......

1. Our trucks being superior....
2. All honda/ricer owners think their car is the ****.....
3. Our trucks being able to whoop any ricers ***....
4. Any ricer being able to whoop any Dakota's ***...

We you compare a Ford Lightning to a Dakota....total out class on that one. If anything you people could be comparing it to the SRT 10. Which in once case a guy I work out with owns a Lighting and Ive seen him beat an SRT 10. SO anything is POSSIBLE!

Buyin a honda for 20k and putting another 60k in to is just plain stupid. If you have that much money, why whould you buy a honda? I know for sure, if I had the money I'd buy a Viper. Plus if you have the money to buy the Viper, you got plenty money to also toss another ****load more money in to the Viper. Its like comparing Apples and Oranges. People like what their pockets can afford.

Its true our trucks are not ment for racing, but some people like to put that additional money in to it to make it a little faster. There will always be that one person in a car weather it be a ricer or not that thinks their car can beat a truck. Well in some cases it will, and some it wont. Its life.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

I'm really not arguing that our trucks can be fast and it's fun to put money into them. I love my truck and I've put plenty of money into it and it's pretty damn fast. I think the coolest part of what we do is the fact that it is fast, and it IS a truck. It's impressive. Just like it's impressive that a little 4-cyl, with some money into it, can beat a 10-cyl sports car. It's impressive. Rice burner or not. Would I buy/drive one? Probably not. Does every kid with a Honda think it's a sports car? Pretty much. And I totally agree with showing them up and making em look bad that a truck just beat their wannabe race car.

All I'm saying is... If you provoke the inner riceism out of these kids and race em on the street, your nearly as bad as they are. And if you say your stock/nearly stock R/T beat a Lightning... He probably wasnt racing

Old 06-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Smooth_Puddin

Just trying to ruffle some feathers, no big deal guys.

95% of anybody and everybody thinks their **** doesnt stink. It's just life, who cares, move on.

If I hated Dodges, I wouldn't own one. My r/t will be pulling my car to the track only because I didnt want to be seen in my rusty old Ford.

I don't brag about my truck being fast only because something that runs low 15's stock isn't anything to brag about. Torque is decieving, you think you are flying because you are being pushed back in your seat.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Billiam
Champion

ORIGINAL: Smooth_Puddin

Just trying to ruffle some feathers, no big deal guys.

95% of anybody and everybody thinks their **** doesnt stink. It's just life, who cares, move on.

If I hated Dodges, I wouldn't own one. My r/t will be pulling my car to the track only because I didnt want to be seen in my rusty old Ford.

I don't brag about my truck being fast only because something that runs low 15's stock isn't anything to brag about. Torque is decieving, you think you are flying because you are being pushed back in your seat.
Gee, how did I guess about the previous post I did....about you here to start stuff.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An R/T could very well beat a lightning, keep in mind guys that who beat who on the street doesn't mean one car is better. Driver skill is even more important than what you're driving. On that note most of the ricers I've seen would lose even if you gave them a Ferrari. Thanks to the Fast and the Furious there's a bunch of people with fart cans and euro tails on otherwise stock civics who can't drive half as well as they think they can. There's also a small minority that has enough money under the hood of that car to give you one hell of a shock, but most people who know enough to build up a car like that have enough sense not to race on public roads. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:30 AM
lil
Captain

It always amuses me to see guys get into a pissing contest, age has nothing to do with maturity, that is obvious from this thread but it is quiet amusing, just my opinion I think trucks should race trucks and cars should race cars....and both should be done on a track or at least on a deserted back road or warehouse area not in traffic on the way home, that is just plain and simple not smart or safe for others that share the road with you.

Quick Reply: toasted a rice burner