Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Fuuny little Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 03:29 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fuuny little Mustangs

I've seen one lovely GT with one spoiler on top of another spoiler, now that was too [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif].

Old 03-19-2005, 03:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think i know what you mean..and that isnt a custom thing..i have seen a few stangs with what appeared to be a wing bolted onto another wing....ive also seen a fireturd with a big ricer wing bolted onto the stock fireturd wing..

Old 03-19-2005, 04:20 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen several ricetards with the factory spoiler still on the car and they feel the need to add a big aluminum wing on with it. Mostly they seem to be the ones with spoilers that wrap around the back glass, like the Sunfires and Stealths. The Mustclang in question had a big enough wing to begin with, but then it had another wing that looked very similar to the one bolted to the top of it. I was up close and personal with this heap and it truely was one boled onto the other, I had fun making fun of it, I da*n near fell down to the ground I was laughing so hard. I'm sure the owner wasn't too happy about that, but I could care less, anyone to do something that retarded deserves it and more.

Old 03-23-2005, 04:51 AM
jayskynr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a 98 gt . wasnt fast but i knew how to drive it and won a few, and lost just as many if not more. im also not a motorhead like sum of these "stang " guys think they are but i had a very good understanding of how my car worked. saying that all mustang guys are uneducated is way out in space. a person that truely loves their car ( or truck ) will learn everything there is to learn about it . PERIOD. when mommy and daddy give their kid a sports car ( whatever it may be ) the kid will go off acting like he knows everything about everything. furthermore i had a saleen s281 spoiler (dual plane) and a 3 " cobra r hood with 17 " 2000 cobra r wheels . i actually liked the spolier and yes it was a functional spoiler. i guarantee if i had owned a camaro or firebird and i read this thread i would say exactly what i just said. sports car owners are in general cocky as hell cause they think they are faster than anyone and wont admit when ther get beat. there are a few of us out there that never got cocky and will tell anyone who, what, where, when, how etc. they got beat .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33638&item=7961592 470&rd=1 copy of the spoiler i had sorry i dont know how to turn it into a hyperlink .

Old 03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
CPonyGo

ORIGINAL: 03ramhemi

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

all mustang people are the same....mustang owners are generally uneducated about cars...they think that if you dont drive a mustang, you dont know what a performance car is, and they think that although they bought a stock GT and put wheels, a kit, and system in it...and someone with a civic does the same thing, that theya re somehow better...

You're starting to act just like the Mustang owners you are describing. Not that I am big fan of Fords, I do however know your acting just like the way you described them. My unlce has a modded GT convert. and does love his car, but on the other hand(proving you wrong here) has a lot of knowledge of different cars, and knows his car is not that quick. He had a Ford Sport Trac but sold it to get a Dakota Quad Cab. So, let's not lower ourselves, us Dodge people, into saying that all Ford poeple are the same and don't know anything about cars.
----------------------------------------

You can't be farther from the truth...sheesh! I have built and raced and showed late model Mustangs(mostly fox bodies) for the last almost 10 years and have had my share of GTO's/Chevelles/Camaro's and two Road Runners and by far the the Mustang crowd I have seen has been the the most socialable and out going crowd I have met. I am 47 and always put forth a good effort to enjoy all makes and types of vehicles but it does seem like some groups(imo Late Model SS/z-28 and the low price side of import owners) are the most difficult to befriend....I think all the general misconceptions here are based on these sn body style v-6 cars that kids own and put neons/fart pipe/and wing(the highway 100 package as we call it here..lol).

My latest car(a 93 LX with a 11-1 306 and NX) is very stout and very clean at 61k miles...I am in the process of building a Eagle 4340 forged 331 with hopes of getting out of the mid 11s and to the low 10s...
CPonyGo

I know some ppl think they have it but I always say....bring it to the track and prove your point. Otherwise quit talking stupid. I don't mind losing-its all the fun in the hobby but you also need to be gracious....BTW- I really love my new 2005 Quad Cab Hemi...LOL

Old 03-24-2005, 01:45 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally don't have any problems with Fords, but it's seems to be sport here at DF to bash them, and the Mustang crowd is a highly visible target. My experience is closer to yours with the SS/Camaro/Firebird crowd. I'm not much of a GM fan to say the least. The import crowd though has always been OK. They like to talk about their shiney exhaust and funny wings.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

11 seconds huh? impressive..but all comes down to whether or not you can hold down the tree son...yes, maybe a 47 year old guy with a fox body can be gracious, but the other 31 mustangs in the group, driven by poor little rich boys whose mommy and daddy bought them a shiney new musatng gt for getting a C in 10th grade chemistry (who walk around with their pants halfway down and their hats sideways) arent gracious...they talk and act like if you dont drive a mustang, you dont know anything about cars...my first photo op with my car when i got it was with 2 of my friends, who both drive ragtop stangs, and they act the same way as the homies at the track...someone like yourself, who is friendly is what they call in statistics, a standard outlier...1 out of 100 mustangs owners isnt a bad guy...its just too bad you arent all numbered...much like out of 100 death row murderers, 1 really is innocent...but il take my chances with executing the whole hundred...when i go to the track with both cars, one gets parked in the import pits, the other in the trailer pits, the mustang owners all park together and they arent sociable... when i broke a few pushrods last year and had to push the car onto the trailer, some ***** with a stang made the comment, "well, youve been running that car for a long time, and its a mopar, it was past due to blow up"... i have friends who own mustangs, and simply put, they are no longer my friends...i havent seen them in months..and the only reason that i did the little photo shoot was because i wanted some digital pics of my car...that was the last time i hung out with them...

so congrats for being a personable mustang owner...what i knwo is that the import guys will talk to me even though i race a V8 car...the mustang ****** wont talk to me because: 1. i drive an "import" and 2. i drive something with 8 cylinders that isnt a mustang...

so i will continue to applaud everytime i see a accident on tv involving a mustang, or everytime i see a kid screw up and wreck or scatter an engine at the track. because the odds are good that one more ford has been wiped off the earth.

see the avatar..

Old 03-24-2005, 03:34 PM
TorqueDemon
Professional

Yeah, I know the type, the rich, spoiled, bratty snobs whose Lad-di-da parents bought them Mustangs to make up for their small pee-pees. Jerks.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:47 PM
mtt8950

ok most of my family owns mustangs and im a big fan of them. they do know alot about cars. my bother-in-law built his own mustang for him to use on a drag strip. he owns his own auto mechanics shop. ok my cousin worked on his own mustang himself also. we know alot about cars and like i said most my family owns them.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey. I built my cars engine.[sm=happy046.gif][sm=hail.gif]

Quick Reply: Fuuny little Mustangs