Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

How come...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come...

Whenever I'm out cruising in my GTS, people give the thumbs up and the usual stares and such that come along with driving a Viper, but when I'm actually looking for a friendly race other motorists avoid me like a disease. Now when I'm just out with the wife or going to the store or something in either our Mazda or previously the Civic (which I traded in on the Mazda) I get all of these people wanting to race. Both cars are almost completely stock, the only mod on the Mazda is a K&N intake, but in any event racers just seem to come out of the woodwork unless I'm in a vehicle actually capable of a real race. I never turn down a race mind you, but I generally got my *** handed to me in the Civic and have only won a few in the new Mazda.

Somehow I doubt that real racers are "afraid" of my Viper, so I dont think that is the problem, but who knows... anyways it kinda pisses me off now and then, I really dont know why I let it get to me. I did have one very good race in the GTS recently though, so I cant complain too much.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:27 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How come...

i would race you in the viper if i was in the mirada. hell, ive even gone so fas as to try to bait someone in a viper to run my stratus on the highway, just because me and my buddy wanted to see what it could do, but he wouldnt play

Old 06-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI
Rookie

He was probably just one of those duffers who cruise in their Vipers and dont have any intentions of racing it. I try to get Corvette drivers to run it all the time, but they never do. The drivers always look twice my age too, which is saying something...

Anyways I did get a younger guy in a built '70 454 Stingray to play around in the crappy part of Scottsdale (AZ poeple know where Im talking about) a week ago. It was going great and I thought we were both having fun until the guy driving decided to turn into a |)!c|<head and started flippping me off and trying to shine a flashlight in my eyes. I really dont know what his problem was, but I threw it into third at about 80 and pulled away from him like he was sitting still. Then I ended up flying past my exit on the freeway and had to backtrack several miles to get home when I saw a huge group of tuners at a gas station. Must have been like eight to ten of em playing their loud *** stereos and flashing their underbody neon lights there. Most of them looked like they had serious mods on their cars, too. One guy still had track numbers on the back window of his car (I think it was an Integra).

Old 06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

because they know what a viper can do

how old are you BTW?

Old 06-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI
Rookie

Yeah but I really doubt that any real racer is afraid of any car, fast or not.

And how old am I? lol I'm 31. Kind of an odd question...

Old 06-29-2005, 09:59 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

People wave, do the thumbs up thing as well as headturning because of the respect given to the Viper and by its looks they assume it can tear another person up. It's a sexy looking car and they better fear its power! Civic's are nothing to fear, little Jap import....something goof ***** can actually beat.

-Matt-

Old 06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so what does your viper run? what year gts is it?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:39 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI

people give the thumbs up and the usual stares and such that come along with driving a Viper, but when I'm actually looking for a friendly race other motorists avoid me like a disease.

That's the same thing that happens when I'm in the Coronet. That's funny.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:16 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI
And how old am I? lol I'm 31. Kind of an odd question...

i thought u said suttin about ur age in ur post, my bad

Old 06-30-2005, 03:47 AM
Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI
Rookie

Hah no problem RamFan.

BadStrat my GTS is an '01, and my best time so far is 12.108. I'm having traction difficulties off the line (its probably just me), but it doesn't seem to appriciate my street tires. They just dont seem to want to grab. My average is low to mid 12s.

Quick Reply: How come...