Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

RAM vs. Titan, finally.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAM vs. Titan, finally.

I dont want to live in Cali ever, but if I was in the neighborhood of HIP-NOT-IT I would race his titanic piece with my GN and I will even go backwards... what a loser, why is it there are so many of these sacks-o-crap running around in our Dodge forum talking trash but not being able to back it up. So far I havent found one single Nissan truck that can take my HEMI in my neck of the woods and if there is one they sure are steppin up to the plate(or stop light rather). Nissan truck owners here in Texas obviously are more educated in the ways of getting their butts stomped by not only Dodge's, but yep Chevy's and Ford's alike.

Also I would not bother racing for pinks anyway, he probly doesnt even own his truck, nissan accept. corp(financal) does and what the hell would I want with that pile of scrap anyway... Maybe I could turn it into a really big bar-b-que and roast some sweet cali boy *** on it.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:35 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

and as for 05titan, dude I already know your totally full of it and that you have no sense of style, the titan has got to be the most butt-ugly fake-chrome plastic front end of any truck ever created.

I guess you like that bed of yours jiggling around like a big bowl of jello. I drove the titans before I went back to a Dodge and found that the ride was not good, the truck had the least attractive interior and the bed looked like it would fall off at the next turn when hitting a bump. I think that thing moved at least 2 inches over the biggest bumps... thats real solid built, NOT! My rams bed doesnt move at all over the same bumps.

Funny how the guys that are talking trash about the Dodge trucks are total newbies in this group, guess their own "kind" didnt accept them into their world so they have to troll around in others.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:00 PM
t2turbo600

WELL THE 05 TITAN COULD HAVE APC OR NASSSSSS DECALS CUZ THATS LIKE 75 HP PS I HAVE SMOKED A TITAN OR TWO IN MY 86 600 CONV

Old 06-04-2005, 05:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its NAAAWWWWZZZZ...

vipersforsale...if you got his pink slip...you could always use it for landfill...but it woudlnt be clean fill...

Old 06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Venom

Guys,

I wouldnt admit this locally, and kinda feel bad about saying this here , but I got beat by a Titan.

I have a 4door quad cab with the Hemi, rumble Bee appearance package, tow package and the 3.92 gears.

Here's the story.

I spent a fair bit of time ghosting on the forums, reading the posts and getting a itch to see what my truck could do. I added a K&N intake and a flowmaster exhaust and in no time I was ready to go hunting. The new Fords were WEAK! and easily fell behind my Ram and the Chevy's were a bit better, but still couldnt hang with me. I was aware the Nissans were suppose to be a bit better than either of these two, but couldnt find one that wanted to play with me.
This all changed Saturday morning as I pulled up beside one on a empty 4 lane on the way home. I eased up beside him at the light, rolled down my window, gave him a grin and a little rev of the engine. I waited to see his response and was tickled to see him nodd and move forward just a little. It was on!
The light turned green and we left at about the same time, but thats when everything changed. He slowly began pulling away from me and continued to spread the distance until I just let off the gas. I couldnt believe it and when he pulled into a gas station I had to see what he did to that truck.
Guy's, His truck was absolutely stock in every way. No exhaust, no cold air intake, no nitrous, no aftermarket tires or rims, This thing looked like it rolled off the truck at the showroom. He was a good natured fella and let me take a look at the truck and was eager to see my truck also. It seemed that he like myself was curious how our trucks compared to the competition and was waiting for a hemi to play with. I bought him a coke for beating me and thanked him for a good run, and then got into my truck to scratch my head and how I lost.

Those of you with a standard cab Hemi may take a Titan, but when you level the field with a quad cab to what they offer( I dont think they make a regular cab) you had better show them some respect.

PS: Watch out for the hitch in the back, It seems they have a lower gear ratio.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:54 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im not going to doubt that the titan can be fast...however, NONE of our titan trolls have produced time slips....if only they would show a slip....no one woudl argue with them, except for people with faster vehicles!

Old 06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The fact is, that trucks are not made for speed. There are made for off-roading, towing and payload. All which the Ram would kill the Titan in. Ram vs Titan on an offroad course. Titan would be lost in dust.......... The Ram is the over-all better truck. If you want to race by a CAR!

Old 06-04-2005, 11:27 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those of you with a standard cab Hemi may take a Titan, but when you level the field with a quad cab to what they offer( I dont think they make a regular cab) you had better show them some respect.
You're right for the most part, but the Dodge QC is at least, I don't recall the exact figures, several hundred pounds heavier. If you really want to level the field, add an equalling weight to the titan, then run them. But this isn't going to happen, is it?

Fact of the matter, they can not take the RC Ram with a Hemi. The time slips I have seen for stock titans were only a small bit better than even the QC Ram.

Anyway. I think it's extremely humorous that they have to come here and try and get things stirred up. I'm pretty sure if we could go back over the last year or so we would see that titan trolls have the same ISP numbers.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ill look into that...the recent SRT4 trolls have not had the same ISPs

Old 06-04-2005, 11:54 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was just a guess, but I just think it's funny how he picked me out of all those other posts when people from CA were saying "come on."

It's probably someone who has been here before.

Quick Reply: RAM vs. Titan, finally.