Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

RAM vs. Titan, finally.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 03:21 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RAM vs. Titan, finally.

Yeah. You know the Rams have the same problem except ours kicks in at 107 MPH.

With 3K on the odo. the truck went
272 RWHP
325 RWTQ

That was with a K&N drop-in only. The HP from the dragstrip runs I've made were a bit better giving me RWHP numbers in the 280's.

Old 06-05-2005, 04:06 PM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Qship...welcome to the forum... hope your stay is a pleasant one, and congrats on your new truck..enjoy it..........

Old 06-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Venom

Why would Nissan rate there HP under what it actually is?

I suspect its due to the fact its a new truck and didnt wish to raise the eyebrows of the insurance companies.

If I was the head of Nissan marketing I would have done the same thing. Underate the HP but list it just above 95% of the competition then allow the magazines to show its potential for performance. In a couple years the truck will be established with a safety listing by the insurace companies and they will lily bump up there HP ratings.

Dodge has a choice of engines and my Insurace company was quick to ask if I had the Hemi, they mentioned my insurace would have been cheaper with a lesser V8.

Nissan has one choice of engine and if they advertised it in such a manner to raise there ins premiums they might loose a couple customers.

Old 06-05-2005, 05:12 PM
QShip
Amateur

ORIGINAL: guido7

Qship...welcome to the forum... hope your stay is a pleasant one, and congrats on your new truck..enjoy it..........
Thanks guido7!

To be honest, I thought I was going to be met with hostility because I have a Titan. I'm pleasantly surprised! I just don't understand why we can't respect each others' choice of trucks.

Old 06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Venom

Guys lets look at things

Hemi
272 RWHP
325 RWTQ

This would be about a 21% decreace in the hp due to parasitic loss in the drivetrain.

Titan
267.01 hp
339.10 Torque

To take the same rating in use against the Titan it should have posted 241HP, but it didnt.

If the Nissan had say 339 hp and a 21% loss due to the powertrain it would be much closer to the 267Hp noted in the dyno post.

Dyno's will show different #'s due to alot of variables, but for a 345hp truck vs a 305hp truck you should see more than a 5hp difference.

Nissan is pulling a slick one on the truck world.

I honestly believe the Nissan is a 340hp truck

Old 06-05-2005, 05:18 PM
QShip
Amateur

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

272 RWHP
325 RWTQ

That was with a K&N drop-in only. The HP from the dragstrip runs I've made were a bit better giving me RWHP numbers in the 280's.
Those are nice numbers! I'm shooting for 300hp at the wheels w/o boost.

There isn't much out there yet for the Titan. I've added a B&B exhaust, Volant CAI and an Airraid throttle body spacer. I want to go back to the dyno once I get a chip that will remove the speed limiter. My butt dyno tells me it is stronger; but you know how that goes!

Old 06-05-2005, 07:52 PM
guido7
Veteran

let us know Qship, it will be interesting to see what it does......

Old 06-05-2005, 08:31 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: QShip

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

272 RWHP
325 RWTQ

Those are nice numbers! I'm shooting for 300hp at the wheels w/o boost.

There isn't much out there yet for the Titan. I've added a B&B exhaust, Volant CAI and an Airraid throttle body spacer. I want to go back to the dyno once I get a chip that will remove the speed limiter. My butt dyno tells me it is stronger; but you know how that goes!
That's as good a number as any. I've just put a cheapo Midas Ravin muffler on the truck and two turndowns at the muffler. It has helped the mid and upper range for sure, but I really like being able to hear my truck running. I'm not into doing much to the truck. I've got that old car to the left that really gets any performance improvements.

Old 06-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Hemiplorer

Well hipnotik I have a 04 Hemi QC you could race (getting alittle more work done at the shop at the time though) so I'ma miss this months street drags at california dragway... But hows this "July 9th california dragway", I won't take your truck (I have no need for it) but I'll more then happily take your money... I live in buena park ca 90620 just E-mail me or call me (714)404-4204 Esteban....

Whats the worst that can happen??? a 13 second titan!!!! lol wouldn't really matter though...

Old 06-11-2005, 12:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hemiplorer..you must keep us posted...

Quick Reply: RAM vs. Titan, finally.