3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Free Access To Chilton Manual For Any Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:57 AM
travle
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Free Access To Chilton Manual For Any Vehicle

I wanted to share this, and maybe help someone out down the road since I have been able to gather some good information on this forum.

I'm not sure if every library does this, but my local library gives access to Chilton Manuals Database. I noticed they just recently updated these, and they now contain more repair information. Link is below.

<a href="http://infotrac.galegroup.com/default/tel_p_obioncpl?db=CHLL">Chilton Online Manuals</a>

PASSWORD IS: elvis (all letters lowercase)

After you get in just choose your year, make, and model, and on the next page select REPAIR.

If for some reason later down the road the password changes, and you can no longer access the site just post on this thread. I should receive an email, and I can update with the new password. the current password has been the same for as long as i can remember.

The following 4 users liked this post by travle:
Jaded (04-12-2023), Jo1970 (04-23-2024), TRose3825 (07-03-2024), Wasfi (06-10-2024)
Old 02-06-2016, 11:04 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice, thanks for posting this.

I posted a password for the Chilton site a long time ago, but that password went dead.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:13 AM
travle
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Your welcome. I just like the fact that the repair info includes the torque for each nut and bolt.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:46 AM
Strawgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Ford 250 diesel power stroke 7.3 ltr

Forget it. Too much trouble to get into.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:30 AM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Still works fine. Sure, there are a lot of links to click through to get to a topic and it's not as user-friendly as being able to flip through a book and find the right spot by following the pictures, but it's better than nothing at all.

Old 04-08-2023, 07:04 PM
Phantombeaver

Originally Posted by travle
I wanted to share this, and maybe help someone out down the road since I have been able to gather some good information on this forum.

I'm not sure if every library does this, but my local library gives access to Chilton Manuals Database. I noticed they just recently updated these, and they now contain more repair information. Link is below.

<a href="http://infotrac.galegroup.com/default/tel_p_obioncpl?db=CHLL">Chilton Online Manuals</a>

After you get in just choose your year, make, and model, and on the next page select REPAIR.

If for some reason later down the road the password changes, and you can no longer access the site just post on this thread. I should receive an email, and I can update with the new password. the current password has been the same for as long as i can remember.
thank you!! Been racking my noggin to get a peek at a manual for a min and came across your post. Still works today april8,2023..have a great night!!

Old 12-04-2023, 07:22 PM
Jeramy1
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pa

IT will not accept the password. Says incorrect password.

The following users liked this post:
TRose3825 (07-03-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 08:46 AM
ItalianMom55
Default Thank you for sharing about the chilton info. Much appreciated!

Thank you for sharing about the chilton info. Much Appreciated 👍

Old 02-08-2024, 07:28 PM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Love it thank you

Old 02-12-2024, 06:37 PM
Capuno
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone update password ELVIS doesn’t work anymore please

The following users liked this post:
TRose3825 (07-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Free Access To Chilton Manual For Any Vehicle