2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

anyone have lines on 97 Ram SS/Ts

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 08:00 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have lines on 97 Ram SS/Ts

I need some ads for 97 Ram SS/Ts in perfect condition showing photos and asking price that I can print out

my rust free garage kept majority of its life 97 SS/T which I just finished up to my specs was hit yesterday while parked
and my neighbor who is a body man believes the frame is bent.. there is no way im taking $5k if they total it
as I have receipts totaling nearly 6K not counting the purchase price

the only 2 white w blue stripe rust free 1 owner garage kept models I have found the asking prices were $11900 and $15900 ( only 9k miles ) but both of them
were sold so I don't know what they got for them..

I am looking for arguing paperwork should they try to lowball me on repairs if it can be repaired properly or should they deem it totaled

Old 09-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Tboned
Rookie

Man that sucks!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 01:20 PM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tboned
Man that sucks!!!
yes I am sick to my stomach every time I look at it

Old 09-29-2017, 05:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

I see prices all over the place, ranging from around 6500, to around 12 grand..... I suppose a fair bit of it depends on condition. Be prepared for your insurance company to low-ball you though. They aren't really in the business of giving away money. Might consider having the truck appraised......

Old 09-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

How bad is it? Pics?

Old 09-30-2017, 07:02 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Moparite
How bad is it? Pics?
the outside damage doesn't look that bad crushed from taillight to wheel well..

my neighbor ( body man for 10 years not counting school ) said it needs a bed side and taillight and paint
BUT the real problem is underneath.. when she hit the truck she moved it about 18" forward and to the right
in to the curb on the rear.. she hit the left rear wheel which drove it forward
impacting the front of the wheel well leaving the rear axle cocked sitting about 2" forward on left and 2" rearward on right
the left rear shock is resting up against the exhaust pipe on that side and the left rear is sitting about 3" higher than the right side
now.. the spring perches on left are twisted and bent , spring pack on left is twisted and he said it looks like a kink
in the frame... THEN to top it off when her right front suspension broke and was laying cocked as she passed by she impacted the
left front wheel turning them to the right pushing the truck up against the curb in the front also and NOW my dash is broken in the front middle of my
ONCE PERFECT DASH at the center bolt that was never there before... i noticed it yesterday while reinstalling my stock tune because
just in case they total they truck the SCT tuner will be reusable, in any case the piece is sticking up in the air on the right side and down on the left about
1/8 of an inch and about 5" long across the front

the worst part is the A$$HOLE that owns the vehicle that hit me isn't responding to his insurance company which delays anything getting done
for me until they get the police report.. state farm said they have to give him the benefit of the doubt even though my vehicle was legally parked
when struck and without full coverage i am stuck until they do something as i cant even have it towed to the body shop..

i am supposed to leave for a trip on October 8th and was going to use the truck to move boxes for my cousin that's moving to florida and spend a week
or so myself house shopping, according to my insurance guy if my truck CAN BE REPAIRED they will have to rent me a vehicle AND YES i can ask for a truck
and hopefully mine would be fixed by the tie i got back..

Old 09-30-2017, 08:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Not sure about where you are, but, here in michigan, if your vehicle is legally parked, and is damaged by another driver, THEIR insurance bears the FULL cost of repair, or cuts you a check for the value of the truck......

Old 09-30-2017, 09:04 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What does your insurance say?

Old 10-01-2017, 06:04 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Not sure about where you are, but, here in michigan, if your vehicle is legally parked, and is damaged by another driver, THEIR insurance bears the FULL cost of repair, or cuts you a check for the value of the truck......

yes they bare full responsibility for what happened unfortunately they get the benefit of the doubt from their insurance company
until I can get the police report because they wont respond to state farm with their version of events.. IE I was STONED when I wrecked
this guys truck
jkeaton
What does your insurance say?

Unfortunately since I don't have full coverage there isn't much they can do unless the person is underinsured in which case then my
policy would make up the difference, I had literally just gotten quotes for a collector policy and was arranging for a garage with a friend of mine
but it wouldn't have mattered if I had the garage because it would have been parked there anyway as I was taking it to my first cruise night and if
this impaird jackass had come 30 mnutes later I would have been LONG GONE

my problem is this truck is worth way more than book value and I have been trying to find collector pricing to no avail..
long story short there is NO DENYING what happened here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLnh...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by ramsportrocks; 10-01-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Call the police directly. If the folks that hit your truck don't want to cooperate, the police certainly will.