Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Dodge4lyfe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I became a fan on facebook, and I have a 1995 Dodge Dakota SLT

Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Attono
Veteran

There's a good discussion about HID's and how the lights affect the tire pressure system at http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48144

Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Roooster

UPDATE**

I finally installed my HID that were quickly delivered to me by these guys. Install was quite easy BUT it was unsuccessful...at first. The relay was buzzing and the correct connections seemed out of whack. I was quite upset until I realized that I had the same issue with my charger. All you have to do is connect the HIDs to your blinker light AND NOT your headlights...that's it. Combine the connection so you can get the juice from the blinker lights and NOT the headlights. Believe it or not, the blinkers have, I believe, 14v or something like that. Its more than the headlights. enough for the HIDs. GOOD luck and enjoy as I currently am.

Headlights, fogs, radio etc are all working properly. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 PM
rammer09

I've got mine installed and have no problems with my radio. It wouldn't really matter to most anyways since lots of people have Sirius. No disrespect but I really think you are taking this FM radio problem a little bit too far. Every aftermarket mod comes with its possible side effects and for the price of these things the chance that your radio might not work properly isn't really a big deal. There are guys that install leveling kits and have horrible problems with burning through tires and shaking. Do you think the manufacturer of the leveling kit is really going to care? You aren't going to have perfect information on any product before buying it, but at least with these lights you can come here to the forum and get easy fixes like rapping them in foil should the problem arise.

I think you need to take your focus elsewhere and move on if you don't like this product because there are plenty of people who are happy with them.
Originally Posted by Attono
Have you also considered the fact that your unwillingness to even look at the problem, which could likely be solved by simply grounding the ballast case is costing you business? I don't understand why anybody is buying these things knowing that this issue may manifest and that you aren't doing anything to solve it.

How many customers do you think you're not making sales to for this reason alone?

Last edited by rammer09; 02-15-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Attono
Veteran

Well, I appreciate your perspective. My frustration lies simply in the fact that I would like to upgrade my headlights and the best option seems to be this manufacturer who isn't willing to engineer a solution. I do use my FM radio and if it came down to upgraded headlights or FM, I'd keep my FM. You are more than welcome to disregard my comments if you disagree with them.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you bought a kit yet? If not please go buy from someone else if your not happy with the way they handle things.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
rammer09

Normally I would disregard your comments, but its unfair of you to attack a vendor for a problem that you haven't experienced first hand. I've been a member of a forum for every car I've owned and know how rumors get spread by one person to another and everyone just starts assuming its the norm. Now if you paid for the lights and spent the time installing them to find out your radio didn't work first hand, your comments would be justified.

Originally Posted by Attono
Well, I appreciate your perspective. My frustration lies simply in the fact that I would like to upgrade my headlights and the best option seems to be this manufacturer who isn't willing to engineer a solution. I do use my FM radio and if it came down to upgraded headlights or FM, I'd keep my FM. You are more than welcome to disregard my comments if you disagree with them.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Attono
Veteran

Understand your perspective and just to double check myself to ensure I'm not being combative or detracting from the knowledge base here, I went back to check my posts to see if I was actually attacking the vendor as you say. Below is the entirety of my posts in this thread:

Interesting that I only noted one reference to projectors. How is it that these HIDS are installed without projectors and present no problems with passing state safety inspections? I'm also curious about how there are several posts about FM reception being impacted and then one response saying that wrapping foil around the ballast solved the problem, yet the issue was passed to R&D, but nothing back from them. Does the vendor not bear some burden for correcting the problem instead of expecting customers to solve it for them?

I'm interested in HID's, but I want to be safe and I also want to retain my ability to listen to FM.

Is HIDEXTRA addressing either of these issues or just washing their hands due to the perception that failure among a small percentage of the customer base is acceptable?
Thanks Michelle, I appreciate your candor. I think I'll just wait until you resolve the FM reception issue through engineering.

I did not know that aftermarket HIDs were illegal. I'm surprised that you can sell them without running afoul of Johnny Law...
You make a very good point. I suppose as long as you don't get ticketed, it's no more harmful than exceeding the spped limit by a few miles per hour. Anybody have problems with folks flashing them? No complaints about blinding oncoming traffic?

So for those who have bought and installed these, are they really that much better than SilverStars?

I still like my FM radio regardless, so will probably just wait.
You keep falling back on this 2% defect rate as an allowable measure. Do you assume that ALL customers who have problems report it?

I'm still waiting to see what you guys are going to do to mitigate the FM reception issue. I'd love to have some better lights, but based on the negative posts here and the perception that 2% failure rate is acceptable gives me pause.
Have you also considered the fact that your unwillingness to even look at the problem, which could likely be solved by simply grounding the ballast case is costing you business? I don't understand why anybody is buying these things knowing that this issue may manifest and that you aren't doing anything to solve it.

How many customers do you think you're not making sales to for this reason alone?
There's a good discussion about HID's and how the lights affect the tire pressure system at http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48144
Please note that there is nothing in there which could be construed as attacking the vendor. Neither is there any rumor or innuendo. I read this thread from the beginning and found many negative comments. I asked the vendor some questions to try to satisfy myself whether this product is worth the money or likely to cause me problems down the road. I also wondered about why people are buying them knowing that they may present problems which have not been addressed. That's what the forum is for, isn't it?

I can appreciate the fact that you feel some measure of loyalty to the vendor. You spent your money and did the install to your satisfaction. Not everybody buys products the same way as you do. I'd like to be able to buy and install these things knowing that they are in fact plug and play with no possibility of causing problems with other systems in my truck, including FM radio and TPMS. As a matter of fact, I at least made the effort to post some additional info to help other potential buyers as well as the vendor understand the tangential issue of how these things may impact the TPMS.

Bottom line, my posts have been mostly directed at asking questions of the vendor. I'd love to buy a set of these, and likely will if/when the vendor is able to resolve the issues that other buyers have posted. I'm sorry you don't like me posting to address the negative aspects of these HIDs, but I am trying to engage the vendor to see if they are willing/able to develop a better product, nothing more. Again, I'm not attacking them and it's good that you are happy with yours, but I have the right to ask these questions as long as I comply with the UA, which I believe I have. If, in the process, the vendor at least considers methods to develop something a little better, then so much the better.

The vendor created this thread to engage potential customers, and I am a potential customer. They specifically posted: "Hi all, I am here to offer technical support related to HIDs regardless if it's our HID system. We have years of experience in HID and manufacturer our own HID in Asia." and I am simply taking them up the offer of technical support. As I said, please feel free to ignore my comments if you disagree with them. I apologize if you think the tone of my posts is too combative, but in the end, my goal is to try to engage some discussion with the vendor to develop a better product so that I can buy and install it with confidence.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 AM
EASTTEXASDODGE08
Professional

goodluck with them i had a deffective bulb and ballast which they said it was rare. i was gonna order my headlights which i just got my fogs was gonna order them but ive had nothin but trouble i think i will go with another hid company as much trouble as ive had

Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
tombogue09
Captain

This is ridiculous...how is he attacking the vendor. It's like there's multiple people on this thread working for this company

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members