Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FREE HIDeXtra.com License Plate Frame SPECIAL!!!

Buy ANY two kits and get a free HIDeXtra.com License Plate Frame Free!

Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose the (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

3.) Use Express checkout

4.) Input coupon code: fspecial-m to get $15 off the kit price

5.) IF you are purchasing more than one kit, please do SEPARATE transactions for EACH kit in order to get discount on all kits.

6.) Please note in additional comment area “Purchased two kits, want license plate frame”

Any questions, please email me @ info@hidextra.com

Thanks for all your support and business!!

Michelle

Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

FREE License Plate Frame SPECIAL!!!

Buy ANY two kits and get a free HIDeXtra.com License Plate Frame Free!

Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose the (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

3.) Use Express checkout

4.) Input coupon code: fspecial-m to get $15 off the kit price

5.) IF you are purchasing more than one kit, please do SEPARATE transactions for EACH kit in order to get discount on all kits.

6.) Please note in additional comment area “Purchased two kits, want license plate frame”

Any questions, please email me @ info@hidextra.com

Thanks for all your support and business!!

Michelle

Last edited by hidextra.com; 02-17-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 AM
itzameeh

I have a '09 1500 CC with dual lights. I received my H13 hi/lo 6k kit yesterday and I installed them last night. For the most part they look great but if I can get a few things corrected it would be awesome.

1- For starters I notice if I start the truck 1st and then turn the lights on the HIDs flickker like a strobe for 5 secs or so then it kicks on but if I turn the lights on before I start the truck no problems. I really wouldn't care too much about this issue except for when I'm driving and I need the lights to come on and they dont.
2- When I switch back from hi beams to the HID it flickkers and sometimes will kick back on and other times will not come back on at all.
3- The HID portion of the kit is amazing but I cant say the same for the hi beams. I think the corner light bulb has more brightness than the hi beam bulb. Did I do something wrong?
4- Last issue and this one might be me being **** more than a real issue but I needed to ask in case there is a right way and a wrong way. This part actually took me the longest time of the whole install to figure out or decide what to do. Is there a certain way the bulb is suppose to be setup? The reason I ask is... if you take either bulb and put it in each headlight housing it gives you a different location for the high beam (top outside corner or bottom inside corner). Hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance for any and all help with this.

Allan

Old 02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
jason2922
Veteran

Originally Posted by itzameeh
I have a '09 1500 CC with dual lights. I received my H13 hi/lo 6k kit yesterday and I installed them last night. For the most part they look great but if I can get a few things corrected it would be awesome.

1- For starters I notice if I start the truck 1st and then turn the lights on the HIDs flickker like a strobe for 5 secs or so then it kicks on but if I turn the lights on before I start the truck no problems. I really wouldn't care too much about this issue except for when I'm driving and I need the lights to come on and they dont.
2- When I switch back from hi beams to the HID it flickkers and sometimes will kick back on and other times will not come back on at all.
3- The HID portion of the kit is amazing but I cant say the same for the hi beams. I think the corner light bulb has more brightness than the hi beam bulb. Did I do something wrong?
4- Last issue and this one might be me being **** more than a real issue but I needed to ask in case there is a right way and a wrong way. This part actually took me the longest time of the whole install to figure out or decide what to do. Is there a certain way the bulb is suppose to be setup? The reason I ask is... if you take either bulb and put it in each headlight housing it gives you a different location for the high beam (top outside corner or bottom inside corner). Hope this makes sense.

Allan
I too had your problem with the dual lights, they probably gave you the relay right? If so, I contacted them and told them to send me the capacitors. I took the relay off and installed the capacitors and all problems were solved. You can keep the HID's in until you receive the capacitors, you just have to turn on your headlights before starting the truck. Sucks, but in a week or so when you get the capacitors, you'll be good to go. This way you won't have to uninstall everything just to do it again.

As for the high beams, they really weren't meant to be used in that fashion, more of the ability to flash ppl if need be or dim you HID's if blinding the car infront of you.

Once again, i had the exact same problem as you're having. Get the capacitors and you'll be good. I haven't had any issues or problems with my HID kits since then.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

HI,

Please see below answers thanks~

michelle

1- For starters I notice if I start the truck 1st and then turn the lights on the HIDs flickker like a strobe for 5 secs or so then it kicks on but if I turn the lights on before I start the truck no problems. I really wouldn't care too much about this issue except for when I'm driving and I need the lights to come on and they dont. Flickering for the first 10 seconds is normal
2- When I switch back from hi beams to the HID it flickers and sometimes will kick back on and other times will not come back on at all. HIDs are not meant to be turned on back and forth really fast so it needs to cool down and turn back on in about 10 seconds or so since the ballast needs to "ignite" the bulb
3- The HID portion of the kit is amazing but I cant say the same for the hi beams. I think the corner light bulb has more brightness than the hi beam bulb. Did I do something wrong? This is normal when you purchase the hi/lo, since you are used to the strong brightness from the low beam, hi beam halogen simply isn't going to make any difference, that's why most people get the bi-xenon for $30 more.
4- Last issue and this one might be me being **** more than a real issue but I needed to ask in case there is a right way and a wrong way. This part actually took me the longest time of the whole install to figure out or decide what to do. Is there a certain way the bulb is suppose to be setup? The reason I ask is... if you take either bulb and put it in each headlight housing it gives you a different location for the high beam (top outside corner or bottom inside corner). Hope this makes sense. H13 bulbs have different locking points as long as the focus point of the high beam goes upward and farther and not (right to left etc) it does not matter where the halogen bulb is.

Allan

Old 02-18-2010, 05:20 PM
itzameeh

I too had your problem with the dual lights, they probably gave you the relay right? If so, I contacted them and told them to send me the capacitors. I took the relay off and installed the capacitors and all problems were solved. You can keep the HID's in until you receive the capacitors, you just have to turn on your headlights before starting the truck. Sucks, but in a week or so when you get the capacitors, you'll be good to go. This way you won't have to uninstall everything just to do it again.

As for the high beams, they really weren't meant to be used in that fashion, more of the ability to flash ppl if need be or dim you HID's if blinding the car infront of you.

Once again, i had the exact same problem as you're having. Get the capacitors and you'll be good. I haven't had any issues or problems with my HID kits since then.

Jason and Michelle

Thank you both I feel much better that I wasnt going crazy and I appreciate your help. Can either of you explain what the function of the relay vs capacitors is? and Michelle would you agree with what Jason states about installing the capacitors instead of the relay? Would it be possible to try the capacitors? One more thing if I decide to to change to the bi-xenon can I use the same ballasts, wires, and just change the bulbs? Thank you again for all your help its greatly appreciated.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM
grendel45

[quote=itzameeh;2006411]I too had your problem with the dual lights, they probably gave you the relay right? If so, I contacted them and told them to send me the capacitors. I took the relay off and installed the capacitors and all problems were solved. You can keep the HID's in until you receive the capacitors, you just have to turn on your headlights before starting the truck. Sucks, but in a week or so when you get the capacitors, you'll be good to go. This way you won't have to uninstall everything just to do it again.

Once again, i had the exact same problem as you're having. Get the capacitors and you'll be good. I haven't had any issues or problems with my HID kits since then.[quote]

im having the same problem as you with mine. i was under the impression that we needed the capacitor but i installed the relay anyway. also when installing the kit some of the connectors came off so i had to cut and splice and crimp new connectors on some of the wires.

i sent an email a couple of days ago but havent heard anything back yet.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Attono
Veteran

Jason and Michelle

Thank you both I feel much better that I wasnt going crazy and I appreciate your help. Can either of you explain what the function of the relay vs capacitors is? and Michelle would you agree with what Jason states about installing the capacitors instead of the relay? Would it be possible to try the capacitors? One more thing if I decide to to change to the bi-xenon can I use the same ballasts, wires, and just change the bulbs? Thank you again for all your help its greatly appreciated.
Can't vouch for the accuracy, but below is some seemingly good info on what the capacitors do:

It's not the wattage of the ballast that's the issue. It's the completly different resistance of the ballast. Sure the ballast is 55watts but while running it has different resistance values. The TIPM monitors the bulb and wants to see a certain value. The headlights of the ram are duty cyled, so this means that the computer is turning the headlights off and on like 50 times a second. I don't know what the exact value is but it turns off and on so quick that you don't see it. The reason it does this is for diagnostics, there are other reasons in other cars to duty cycle the lights, but as far as are trucks are concerned it's for diagnostics. Everytime the computer turns the feed off to the bulb it actually sends 5 volts out on a diagnostic resistor. It can diagnose three conditions this way, A short to ground, an open, or a short to voltage. It can see a short to ground because if it was shorted that 5 volts would go right to 0, it can tell an open if the 5 volts stays at 5 volts, and finally it can tell there is a short to voltage if that 5 volts goes higher then 5. It is all doing this like 60 times a second. So finally if the ballast doesn't have the right resistance the computer wont see the voltage coming back it wants to see and it will actually set an open code and think tht the bulb is burnt out. The capacitor tricks the computer because every time it turns off to do the diagnostics it changes the resistance a little bit. I can't ffind you a picture of the resistor, I just went to an electronics store and picked them up. Convienently they come in a package of two for 3 bucks.
found at http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...07&postcount=9

Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 AM
DeadDave
Thumbs up Dang

Installed the 6k fogs yesterday afternoon... They looked bright against the garage wall.
This morning in the dark on the way to work - WOW , huge difference! almost don't need low beams.

I'll be installing the low beams this weekend.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
KevinDXP

Allan
SAME PROBLEM. Fogs work great no problem. I also was under the impression I needed capacitors for this sytem by reading all the information on these systems, however when I requested them I was told I needed the relay only. My driver side light turns on fine with the truck off or on. The passenger side light will flicker for almost 15 seconds and only sometimes turns on if the truck is off. IF that bulb eventually turns on, I start the truck and the passenger side light again starts to flicker and only half the time comes on. Please Help

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members