1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

U bolt question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:16 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
A few years back, I purchased parts to put a 8.8 rear in my truck. One of those, (one of these days projects).
Anyways, I measured and ordered new u-bolts from a company called General Spring. Ironically they advertise as "The Leaf Spring and Suspension Authority since 1965"
Here is a link http://www.generalspringkc.com/U_Bolts_s/1964.htm
Notice what they call a semi-round spring.
I ordered a set that I think will work with the 8.8 rear I have.
Here is a picture of the actual semi-round u-bolt

Sure looks like the same one in question that the OP posted.

Now, to get to the heart of why I am posting this,

In the past, I have looked at Toby and figured that he just didnt have "good manners"
That he was trying to express his likes and dislikes or opinions on vehicles. Figured he was young and was trying to show his knowledge.
But I have changed my opinion, and I believe you are a Troll and most every post you make is aimed at ticking someone off.
Your profile shows nothing, other then you are a male in the USA. Again, a sign of a TROLL.
The internet is a great way to hide and then try to bully people that you wouldnt dare do to their face.
If your intentions are to just "stir the bucket" why dont you find a different forum that appreciates that behavior. They are out there.
I figure you are going to say that I am not a moderator, and that is correct, but hopefully a moderator will look at this post and previous post of yours and take action, especially if you dont change your attitude.
He's from Ohio, FYI. He made a fake profile and tried to buy the fender flares he harassed me about for a month. The ones he said he wouldn't buy after he got pissy over my lack of expedient response to his "demands". He's fought all the regulars at one point in time so I'm not sure why the moderators continue to allow it. At this point I ignore him like the petulant child he is. I don't think he's purposefully a troll...he's too bad at it. I think he's an immature Internet commando and probably does have some limited knowledge...but he's a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Old 06-13-2017, 10:38 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

A few years back, I purchased parts to put a 8.8 rear in my truck. One of those, (one of these days projects).
Anyways, I measured and ordered new u-bolts from a company called General Spring. Ironically they advertise as "The Leaf Spring and Suspension Authority since 1965"
Here is a link http://www.generalspringkc.com/U_Bolts_s/1964.htm
Notice what they call a semi-round spring.
I ordered a set that I think will work with the 8.8 rear I have.
Here is a picture of the actual semi-round u-bolt

Sure looks like the same one in question that the OP posted.

Now, to get to the heart of why I am posting this,

In the past, I have looked at Toby and figured that he just didnt have "good manners"
That he was trying to express his likes and dislikes or opinions on vehicles. Figured he was young and was trying to show his knowledge.
But I have changed my opinion, and I believe you are a Troll and most every post you make is aimed at ticking someone off.
Your profile shows nothing, other then you are a male in the USA. Again, a sign of a TROLL.
The internet is a great way to hide and then try to bully people that you wouldnt dare do to their face.
If your intentions are to just "stir the bucket" why dont you find a different forum that appreciates that behavior. They are out there.
I figure you are going to say that I am not a moderator, and that is correct, but hopefully a moderator will look at this post and previous post of yours and take action, especially if you dont change your attitude.
yes, I am young. But I do know quite a bit about these trucks. And when I say something about these trucks, it's a fact. There's no need to waste people's time in pressing lies.

And yes, my profile shows nothing. Because it doesn't need to. My knowledge doesn't change based on how complete or incomplete my profile is or isn't. If that bothers you, so be it.

As far as hiding behind a computer, get real. I'd say anything I've said here or where ever to someone acting the same way. If a person is an idiot or wrong, they'll hear about it. That's not being a tough *** that's just being straight up. Again if that bothers you, so be it.

If I was here to troll, I wouldn't give any of the info I have about these trucks to anyone.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

Originally Posted by robertmee
He's from Ohio, FYI. He made a fake profile and tried to buy the fender flares he harassed me about for a month.
fake profile? WTH are you talking about? I already told you once I wouldn't take your flares if you gave them to me and paid shipping. You've really gotten full of yourself in your old age I guess.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:10 AM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Warford
yes, I am young. But I do know quite a bit about these trucks. And when I say something about these trucks, it's a fact. There's no need to waste people's time in pressing lies.
If you can't enter a conversation without insulting your audience, nobody is gonna give a hoot about what you think you know. Intelligence comes in many forms, but the most important one is knowing how to interact with people. Want respect for what you know? Treat the people you're talking to respectfully.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:15 AM
Toby Warford
Banned

Originally Posted by ragged89
If you can't enter a conversation without insulting your audience, nobody is gonna give a hoot about what you think you know. Intelligence comes in many forms, but the most important one is knowing how to interact with people. Want respect for what you know? Treat the people you're talking to respectfully.
you can only get insulted if you're thin skinned. I can't help if other choose to feel insulted. Not my problem.

Respect from strangers? Why would I give two ****s about that? Idc if people choose to use the information I give. If they do, ok if not ok. Doesn't bother me.

I KNOW I know what I know, it's not what I think I know.
Good day sir. Sorry you're all butthurt about a stranger on the internet.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:51 AM
ragged89
All Star

you can only get insulted if you're thin skinned. I can't help if other choose to feel insulted. Not my problem.

Respect from strangers? Why would I give two ****s about that? Idc if people choose to use the information I give. If they do, ok if not ok. Doesn't bother me.

I KNOW I know what I know, it's not what I think I know.
Good day sir. Sorry you're all butthurt about a stranger on the internet.
No worries, you couldn't get me butt hurt if you worked at it full time. No, the biggest pain you present is the tiny amount of time wasted trying to get you to see that your "information" is meaningless without humility.

But hey, you're a big boy right, don't care what anybody thinks, don't mean nothin' to you. Good, then you won't "choose" to be hurt when I tell you that your insecurity is painfully obvious to everyone here. You embarass most of the regulars just by posting your smug opinions couched in your petty, brat-ish, attitude. Its not useful, its not needed, and its immature. So do what you like, I won't waste time with you from here on out.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:56 AM
Toby Warford
Banned

No worries, you couldn't get me butt hurt if you worked at it full time. No, the biggest pain you present is the tiny amount of time wasted trying to get you to see that your "information" is meaningless without humility.

But hey, you're a big boy right, don't care what anybody thinks, don't mean nothin' to you. Good, then you won't "choose" to be hurt when I tell you that your insecurity is painfully obvious to everyone here. You embarass most of the regulars just by posting your smug opinions couched in your petty, brat-ish, attitude. Its not useful, its not needed, and its immature. So do what you like, I won't waste time with you from here on out.
L
M
F
A
O!!!!!

The butt hurt is strong from you. Let it flow through you.

Facts are not opinions, something you should have learned a long time ago. I'm sorry you're such a Nancy. Life must be a real struggle for someone like you.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:19 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

yes, I am young. But I do know quite a bit about these trucks. And when I say something about these trucks, it's a fact.

Instead of telling us how smart you are and if you say it, its a fact,

Why dont you address the link I posted from general spring?
Or how about this link. http://www.truckspring.com/suspensio...s/u-bolts.aspx

So, lets look at the real facts.

A company that has been in business 52 years, specializing in leaf springs and u-bolts,
Another company, "michigan truck spring, shows this as a semi round u-bolt.

Or do I believe some Kid probably setting behind a computer in his parents basement and basically says, "if I say it, it's a fact, If you disagree, you are a idiot"

I'll stick by my belief that you are a Troll probably operating out of your parents basement.
In the real world, "not the internet" no one would put up with your crap, other then possibly your mommy and daddy.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:52 AM
ragged89
All Star

...Or do I believe some Kid probably setting behind a computer in his parents basement and basically says, "if I say it, it's a fact, If you disagree, you are a idiot"

I'll stick by my belief that you are a Troll probably operating out of your parents basement.
In the real world, "not the internet" no one would put up with your crap, other then possibly your mommy and daddy.
His need to be right and his insistence that he doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks might as well be a billboard for insecurity. It prevents him from learning anything and makes him an easy target.

He does troll, but then he's the one who ends up getting hurt, ranting, and calling people names.

Robertmee, I guess the Dunning-Kruger effect is another real possibility here, sure sounds familiar.

Last edited by ragged89; 06-14-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

His need to be right and his insistence that he doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks might as well be a billboard for insecurity. It prevents him from learning anything and makes him an easy target.

He does troll, but then he's the one who ends up getting hurt, ranting, and calling people names.

Robertmee, I guess the Dunning-Kruger effect is another real possibility here, sure sounds familiar.
ive learned a great deal about these trucks. But it sure as **** didn't come from any of the idiots in this thread. It's really pathetic how much my attitude or lack thereof of is effecting you guys. You two arent going to be able to find enough cheese before too much longer.

​​​​​