1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Heavy Duty Shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Toby Warford
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I just love your "I know better than you" attitude. Been doing engineering most of your life? Been a mechanic for living as well? Let me guess, you also have several PHDs.

If you want to be stupid, knock yourself out. You live far enough away, that it won't affect me.

How long will it last? Good question. How often do you load up your truck, and haul heavy loads/pull trailers, that put more of a load on your shock mounts? For all I know, they might break the next time you drive it, or, they may never break at all.

My point is, the shock mounts AREN'T DESIGNED to support weight. Which is exactly what you are doing to them. In what world is that a 'good idea™'? Can you get away with it? Sure, for a while. How long? Depends on how much you abuse the mounts.
looks like were even. Your attitude is just the same.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Warford
looks like were even. Your attitude is just the same.
In this particular instance, I DO know better than you.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

In this particular instance, I DO know better than you.
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. But, you don't. But that's cool. Some people are just entitlted. Sorry youre one of them.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. But, you don't. But that's cool. Some people are just entitlted. Sorry youre one of them.
LOLOLOL. Not THAT is FUNNY.

I am REAL curious just what you think your qualifications are here. You have ONE truck, that you haven't had a problem with. I have seen DOZENS with snapped off shock mounts. Usually ripped right off the axle. I have been doing this kind of thing for more than 40 years. Please tell me oh enlightened one, what YOUR qualifications are.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

LOLOLOL. Not THAT is FUNNY.

I am REAL curious just what you think your qualifications are here. You have ONE truck, that you haven't had a problem with. I have seen DOZENS with snapped off shock mounts. Usually ripped right off the axle. I have been doing this kind of thing for more than 40 years. Please tell me oh enlightened one, what YOUR qualifications are.
sounds like you've just seen dozens of idiots that overloaded their trucks to begin with. Nothing new there. Could come up with a million other instances with anything when it comes to add ons. Credit for trying though.

unless your instances have a first generation dakota that has an acceptable load in the bed, with a driver that wasn't retarded, your stories really don't mean any thing.

But again, keep thinking whatever you want. Doesn't effect me at all.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

sounds like you've just seen dozens of idiots that overloaded their trucks to begin with. Nothing new there. Could come up with a million other instances with anything when it comes to add ons. Credit for trying though.

unless your instances have a first generation dakota that has an acceptable load in the bed, with a driver that wasn't retarded, your stories really don't mean any thing.

But again, keep thinking whatever you want. Doesn't effect me at all.
Alright. You wish to be obstinate? Fine. Let me put it SUCCINCTLY then. If you continue to spread misinformation, and outright idiocy, I will simply ban you, and call it a day. This isn't the first time you have come to this point with me, but, it WILL be the last.

DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE.

There, is that clear enough?

Old 04-24-2018, 06:44 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

Alright. You wish to be obstinate? Fine. Let me put it SUCCINCTLY then. If you continue to spread misinformation, and outright idiocy, I will simply ban you, and call it a day. This isn't the first time you have come to this point with me, but, it WILL be the last.

DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE.

There, is that clear enough?
Lmfao! Better ban some others too. Specifically crazyrt. He recommends them and has had 0 problems with that we know of. I will recommend them for these trucks anytime someone asks. Because they work just as they should. Sure if you're retarded anything will break. But under intended purpose, there is NO danger of using cool over shocks.

Wise man once said, dont speak of what you don't know. You should take that advice. You're never too old to learn. Only too stubborn.

I don't spread misinformation jack, only correct jackasses that think they know what they dont.

So what do you think about that?

Old 04-24-2018, 06:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Lmfao! Better ban some others too. Specifically crazyrt. He recommends them and has had 0 problems with that we know of. I will recommend them for these trucks anytime someone asks. Because they work just as they should. Sure if you're retarded anything will break. But under intended purpose, there is NO danger of using cool over shocks.

Wise man once said, dont speak of what you don't know. You should take that advice. You're never too old to learn. Only too stubborn.

I don't spread misinformation jack, only correct jackasses that think they know what they dont.

So what do you think about that?
Good Bye Toby.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know Hey you, wherever he's from probably has issues with inbreeding and stuff like that. He can argue all he wants but when it comes down to it he really has no idea what he's talking about. The real mechanics know what we're talking about and how we'd go about fixing it the right way. He thinks just because his aunt's cousins daughters husband (which happens to be another of his cousins) told him to do it that way and it hasn't broke yet means that's the right way to do it. This whole time he's talking about coilover shocks and then all of a sudden he's got load adjustshocks. Yeah they have a "coil" over the shock. But it's not a real coil over. Basically the same thing as the Gabriel air shocks I was talking about where you air them up to level your ride and assist with the load. But AGAIN, those still put too much stress on the shock mounts. If you'd listen to anyone other than yourself maybe you'd learn something. But it's ok, keep ranting toby, keep posting bad Information, we'll be here to correct you until a moderator finally tells you to get stuffedor o e of your bad ideas causes someone to wreck their truck.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Azboyinmi
Ya know Hey you, wherever he's from probably has issues with inbreeding and stuff like that. He can argue all he wants but when it comes down to it he really has no idea what he's talking about. The real mechanics know what we're talking about and how we'd go about fixing it the right way. He thinks just because his aunt's cousins daughters husband (which happens to be another of his cousins) told him to do it that way and it hasn't broke yet means that's the right way to do it. This whole time he's talking about coilover shocks and then all of a sudden he's got load adjustshocks. Yeah they have a "coil" over the shock. But it's not a real coil over. Basically the same thing as the Gabriel air shocks I was talking about where you air them up to level your ride and assist with the load. But AGAIN, those still put too much stress on the shock mounts. If you'd listen to anyone other than yourself maybe you'd learn something. But it's ok, keep ranting toby, keep posting bad Information, we'll be here to correct you until a moderator finally tells you to get stuffedor o e of your bad ideas causes someone to wreck their truck.
He won't be back. At least, not under that name. I will also track his IP address, and if he tries to sign back up, I will ban him again.

This is supposed to be a place where folks go to get GOOD advice. Someone insisting on passing off bad advice as good, isn't welcome here.

I also note, even though I asked him several times what his qualifications are, he never bothered to answer that question. Gee, I wonder why......

But, enough of Toby, lets just move on with the topic. Sorry 'bout the mess folks.

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Shocks??