1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Heavy Duty Shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 07:12 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah. It sucks that he had to go on like that. This is prob the 3rd thread he's argued with me on. If you're wrong and multiple people say you're wrong try listening and learning not just arguing. I'm still under 30 but grew up learning how to fix trucks and farm equipment. Then I went to 2 schools to learn more. Hopefully the guy who posted this thread got the right info that he needed

Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Azboyinmi
Yeah. It sucks that he had to go on like that. This is prob the 3rd thread he's argued with me on. If you're wrong and multiple people say you're wrong try listening and learning not just arguing. I'm still under 30 but grew up learning how to fix trucks and farm equipment. Then I went to 2 schools to learn more. Hopefully the guy who posted this thread got the right info that he needed
Well... since we are so far off topic anyway..... Whereabouts in Michigan are you? There are a fair few michiganders around here, but, not as many as there once was.

We appreciate folks that actually work in the field coming here to lend their knowledge, and learn themselves. THAT is the type of person we actually WANT here.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:29 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

Mid Michigan over by midland

Old 04-24-2018, 07:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Mid Michigan over by midland
Whoa.... WAY north of me. I'm in clayton. About 10 miles north of the ohio border. If you ever find yourself in this area, you should get ahold of me. I very much enjoy meeting folks from the forums.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

Yeah for sure. Gonna be a while before I go more than a few miles. Trucks kinda stripped down to nothing right now. Hoping by July it'll be done. The sheet metal on the bottom of the cab is gonna take a while. It's alot worse than I thought it was

Old 04-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

And most michiganders give up on there daks, I however am an arizonian living in Michigan. We don't give up on our vehicles so easy. Lil bit of rust, no biggie, that's why they sell sheets of steel in multiple guages lol.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

And most michiganders give up on there daks, I however am an arizonian living in Michigan. We don't give up on our vehicles so easy. Lil bit of rust, no biggie, that's why they sell sheets of steel in multiple guages lol.
In Arizona, you can go to the local yard, and find trucks older than you are, that are still in great condition, aside from the paint...... Don't get that option here. (aside from folks that import the parts, but, those tend to be really expensive....)

Old 04-24-2018, 09:33 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Good Bye Toby.
Thanks. that needed to happen a long time ago, I have gotten into so many pissing matches with that kid I lost count..... I am another making a living fixing other people's cars, for over 25 years, many of those from beneath an alignment rack..... where I have had to a lot of suspension work on a large percentage of the vehicles that came in before they could actually be aligned.....

Old 04-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

I'm glad he got canned. But he'll try n come back under a different name and keep doing what he did. If not him someone else.

But yeah there's not to many 1st Gen daks in the salvage yards near me. I'm lucky tho, my buddy is giving me a complete truck that's exactly the same as mine aside from color, in trade for doing some work on his wife's Durango. So I'll have a complete cab that's clean in the spots where mine is rusty that I can cut up and fixk mine with. Just found out today the front passenger side cab mount is busted and where it bolts into the floor is so rusted it wouldn't support the weight of the cab anyway. It's gonna be some pretty gruesome cutting and welding. I'm not the best at welding but I got a buddy who's great at sheet metal work

Old 04-25-2018, 07:00 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

whats wrong with the "gimmee" truck? Would you be better to use yours as parts and fix that one instead? lots of Gen 1s in yards near me/
I probably wouldn't weld up that cab mount if the cab is that far gone stick a fork in it...... rocker panels, floor pans I'm OK with welding in.....

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Shocks??