1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

The BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:34 PM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah those loaded durangos are nice. But a tad small. There isn't quite a SUV I would buy right now. If I did it would be a Nissan armada. I had a Titan, amazing vehicle. I should have got the Armada tho but such is life.

I was also offered a free Benz C43 AMG. But after driving it I said nope. Too much car for me. (Father passing away to MS)

Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 PM
AppelH
Captain

Is the citadel the top model, above the rt?

Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 PM
AppelH
Captain

From the outside, the look bigger than the first gen don't they? But looks can be deceiving.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair
(Father passing away to MS)
Sorry for your loss. That's such a horrible disease in the end I couldn't imagine.

Yes the citadel is the top line above the r/t.

If I were to get a new suv it would be a wrangler rubicon. No new suv is really set up for towing except the 2500 suburban so might as well go simple and off-road worthy. Not to mention a proper 6spd manual

Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 AM
dxloat
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have driven the Titan and its cool with lots a power, but pretty useless in the snow in my opinion considering how impressive I thought it would be. I don't know if the new Citadel is bigger than my 1st gen but it looks smaller to me and feels smaller in the cabin but it has more of a cockpit feel to it.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM
adukart
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dxloat
I have driven the Titan and its cool with lots a power, but pretty useless in the snow in my opinion considering how impressive I thought it would be. I don't know if the new Citadel is bigger than my 1st gen but it looks smaller to me and feels smaller in the cabin but it has more of a cockpit feel to it.
They are bigger inside, especially that second row. If you ever see one that has the second row buckets you will definitely notice.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:52 AM
AppelH
Captain

I couldn't imagine a wrangler as a daily driver. I don't know about the new one, but my dad had a late 90's and it was just too raw. Which it should be, but wasn't intended to be driven long distances frequently.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:54 AM
PublicHair
Banned

Originally Posted by adukart
Sorry for your loss. That's such a horrible disease in the end I couldn't imagine.
If I were to get a new suv it would be a wrangler rubicon. No new suv is really set up for towing except the 2500 suburban so might as well go simple and off-road worthy. Not to mention a proper 6spd manual
Thanks. And yeah, most SUVs these days are just simply luxury cars with 4wd.. Hard to find an SUV that can actually tow worth a damn or go off pavement without worry of breaking a tie rod..

Originally Posted by dxloat
I never really drove mine in the snow. Had my Bronco for that task (never needed 4WD in that thing). The Titan was always in 4WD when I did hit snow..so yeah, I can somewhat agree they aren’t the best in snow. Didn’t really take mine offroading much but hauling stuff and driving around town.. amazing. I remember leaving a landscape yard with a bed full of bark dust. A buddy had his F150 (2006) loaded with a load of bark dust as well. Being out in the semi-country, there were long stretches between red lights. He wanted to race.. there was no match. His POS F150 just couldn’t keep up.. howling like a **** as well.

But it makes me curious to see how much the eco-boost F150s perform these days.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 AM
adukart
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AppelH
I couldn't imagine a wrangler as a daily driver. I don't know about the new one, but my dad had a late 90's and it was just too raw. Which it should be, but wasn't intended to be driven long distances frequently.
The new 4drs are much more composed with the longer wheel base and better steering/suspension and for how raw they are they are quite comfortable to drive. I couldn't drive a 2dr every day. I drove a 2005 and not much has changed there to now for the 2drs lol.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:57 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AppelH
My parents have an 09 Wrangler 2dr. It's better than the old ones on the road, but compared to my Durango it has bricks for suspension. It does have a 3" lift though which probably doesn't help.

Originally Posted by PublicHair
I never really drove mine in the snow. Had my Bronco for that task (never needed 4WD in that thing). The Titan was always in 4WD when I did hit snow..so yeah, I can somewhat agree they aren’t the best in snow. Didn’t really take mine offroading much but hauling stuff and driving around town.. amazing. I remember leaving a landscape yard with a bed full of bark dust. A buddy had his F150 (2006) loaded with a load of bark dust as well. Being out in the semi-country, there were long stretches between red lights. He wanted to race.. there was no match. His POS F150 just couldn’t keep up.. howling like a **** as well.

But it makes me curious to see how much the eco-boost F150s perform these days.
I've heard that the ecoboosts like to throw rods through the block

Quick Reply: The BS Thread