1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 05:31 PM
LanceMac
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
That might be the biggest contributor to your issue. The 4.7 has some very narrow oil passages. Stop leak = stop flow. If you have oil leaks, it's best just to fix them.
so do you think a oil flush would fix it?? And when I tested the wires with the key off I'm getting .13 volts is that normal.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:43 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by LanceMac
so do you think a oil flush would fix it?? And when I tested the wires with the key off I'm getting .13 volts is that normal.
It can't hurt to try a flush. If you're talking about that Lucas engine oil stop leak, that stuff is crazy high viscosity and running that in cold weather can't help, worse if things are clogged. I run 0W-20 full syn year round. Not sure about the voltage...maybe someone can chime in.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,397 Likes on 3,137 Posts

If you don't have oil pressure, running it is a bad idea. May do more harm than good.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:43 PM
LanceMac
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you don't have oil pressure, running it is a bad idea. May do more harm than good.
I kno thats why I would let it run for more then a few seconds, I always paid attention to the gauges and the truck so i kno whats normal and what's not. On the up side I got a new oil filter( wix ) and put the truck back together late last night to find out I now have oil pressure, now it's just reading high

Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,397 Likes on 3,137 Posts

High is better than low. To a point...... If it isn't blowing up the filter, chances are you are good to go. Bear in mind, just changing your oil will show better pressure, and filters can affect it as well.

Quick Reply: Oil pressure