1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

just proved the neons capability

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
estneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just proved the neons capability

yep i can see das locking this one now...lol. sorry dassome ofusdon't behave also im a postaholic....no waita post *****. i need somehelp.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

this post is useless

no one cares how juvenile andnegligent you can be
Your not so innocent, I would bet $50You've done street racing before, everybody has andI bet you can't name one Male who is straight who hasn't street raced even once. Everybody tries it at least once, don't act so innocent. My Grandma is 80 and she beats the **** out of her 98 Oldsmobile Alero. You have no pulse or you hop around like a fairyif you haven't street raced at leastonce. Your also a lier if you say you haven't.

Whats so bad about racing in 35mph zone that is pretty much dead in the early morning? speeds didn't go past 60mph and there was no traffic other than us 2 and it was pretty clear after I got into my powerband I was pulling car lengths every 2 seconds andgoing to smoke him even worse so I shut it down at like 50mph on a 4 lane city/highwayroad, Its not like I was inFast and the Furious where I'm putting the Nitrous on at 100mph on city streets and going for broke, I had about a quarter mile before there was any roads that somebody can pull out in front of us, seeing it was a semi highway there were very few cross roads or drivewayturnoffs for at least a quarter mile. Pretty much the race was from 0-50mph in a 35 zone. +15miles over.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: estneon

i like this post it proves people don't now anything about chevy. the only realy fast chevy is the corvette...theres more but their not worth talking about. my faverite thing about chevy was they got the viper banned from racing agaist their corvette on some track racing thing...because it was faster...i thought that was the point[8D]
Only really fast Chevy is the Corvette??? Are you as stupid as you sound? Other then the Viper, what has Dodge built that's been ridiculous fast? They have a few vehicles, but most of those have come in the last 3-5 years, and half of them have already had production ended on them. (SRT-4 Neon, Ram SRT-10, Magnum R/T SRT). On top of that, if you exclude the last 5 years of production, you have to go all the way back to like 1971-73 to find a fast Dodge/Chrysler built vehicle. The only possible exceptions would be the Dodge Daytona & Shadow, but even these werent really fast.(Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon are Mitsubishi built vehicles, doesnt count.)

So, what was Chevy doing in that same time??? Let's see there..... Lumina Z34, Monte Carlo SS, Impala SS, Camaro SS/Z28, Caprice, Corvette......all Chevy built cars... and these are cars that are from the late 80's until now.....all that would outperform most of what Dodge has done in the same amount of time.

To say the Corvette is the only fast Chevy islike me saying the only fast Dodge is the Viper....

As to the whole Neon vs. S-10....you beat a slow P.O.S. that couldnt get out of its own way let alone the Neon. The 4.3L V6 was underpowered even in its prime (170-200hp/220-250ftlbs of torque, depending on the year) Honestly, it's nothing to brag about.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
fsu182
Captain

i have a 95 blazer vortec 4.3 H.O. that is throttle body injected, as appose to later 4.3s that are center port injected. and a dohc neon. the neon is faster but its a car. the blazer has 260 lb ft of torque for pulling not for acceleration. why would someone gauge their car against something with a frame twice as heavy? uphill the blazer would womp the neon. on the level though the neon would pull away. plus blazers are speed limited to 95ish. mph.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
mmench
Captain

hey hey. i love my 4.3 vortec blazer with a 5 spd. its not fast but it impressed the hell outa me. i ran a 15.7 at 88mph dead stock and that was spinning till the end of 2nd gear. IMO people just underestimate anything they havent owned themselves. on the other hand .... it will be fast when i finish getting the turbo parts for it...... turbo blazer and its not hard at all to do either

this aint my website but another persons who did a turbo blazer http://02vortec.tripod.com/index.html

Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
justinsanders
Captain

1st of all im not bragging at all.im just sayin how people where i live are givin me more credit now. and he just proved my point. ^^^ if a stock 4.3 vortec 5 speed runs 15.7 stock then that would put up a hell of a race against a pretty much stock neon. mine. thats about whatstock DOHC 5 spd neons do.so therefore you cant say that theres absolutely no doubt that i would beat him.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: justinsanders

1st of all im not bragging at all.im just sayin how people where i live are givin me more credit now. and he just proved my point. ^^^ if a stock 4.3 vortec 5 speed runs 15.7 stock then that would put up a hell of a race against a pretty much stock neon. mine. thats about whatstock DOHC 5 spd neons do.so therefore you cant say that theres absolutely no doubt that i would beat him.
Actually, I can absolutely tell you whether you'd win or not. The issue at hand is the year of the truck. The 4.3 V6 was fairly weak early on, and only at the end of production see a HP rating of about 210-220hp. So realistically, with a 150hp motor in a Neon, you could beat the average 4.3 Vortec in an S-10.

Also, dont be mislead by what someone ran at a track. Conditions are different all across this country.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:48 PM
mmench
Captain

well mines a 2000 2dr 2wd 5spd/ rated at 190 hp at 4400 rpm and 250 torque at 2800. has 3.42 gears and a factory lsd and weighs around 45-4600 pounds. i know track times and conditions are different all around too. i dont think all the stock 4.3 vortecs run 15's though because i got into a discussion on a blazer forum and nobody there beleived that i ran that time untill i scanned the slip for them. most of them only claimed to have run mid 16's. if i had some way to get traction and still launch good i woulda ran a spot better. but tires and a slippery 60ft made it wat it was. also hp and torgue dont mean you will win. like devilregect said you gota go with wieght, body, driver and all kinds of things. i can totally smoke my friends v6 mustang wich is rated at more hp than my blazer, i can beat my frineds 300zx n/a wich i think is rated at like 210hp. all has to do with conditions. o and i ran those times with a broken motor mount( driver side) and a failing passenger side mount..... wich i am now on the 3rd set of mounts

Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
justinsanders
Captain

ok i c now. but the only reason y i won is cuz i jumped off the line. im a good driver with 5 speeds but i wasn't really pulling him a whole lot. maybe a little

Old 10-31-2007, 06:55 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

i only street race in school zones... takes more skill.
Yer my Hero!
like my new race car

Quick Reply: just proved the neons capability